Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Smile you're on candid camera

Old 11-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smile you're on candid camera

I was driving South on Rt 271 from Cleveland today. Beautiful sunny day, light traffic, windows down and radio on, cruzin 70 mph in the express lanes which are separated from the regular traffic lanes by a 25' grass median.
In my peripheral vision I noticed an older Chrysler Mini van pacing me for about 5 to 10 miles on the "local" traffic side of the highway. If I sped up a little, they would, when I slowed down they did too. It wasn't until the express lanes merged back with the local traffic lanes did the van finally reach a point where I had a good view of a young woman in the back seat pointing a camcorder at me video taping my Crossfire.
Now this is a first for me. A couple of times before, I noticed a flash of someone's camera as I drove past them on the highway, but both time that happened to me I was in my Viper. I've never been aware of being the subject of somebody's home video before today.
If the Crossfire had been the best kept secrete before it made its 2003 debut, I could understand the fascination some people have with it. But it's been around for 3 years now, and it still raises eyebrows.
I never thought at my age I would ever have to deal with the "paparazzi", and where was this car when I was single?

Old 11-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Smile you're on candid camera

Are you sure they were shooting video of the car???
You stud!!!

Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude...how many times have we told you to put clothes on when your driving around...jeez some people never learn.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Dude...how many times have we told you to put clothes on when your driving around...jeez some people never learn.
Yeah Dave, you're probably right. But the "bun warmers" work so much better when you're bare _ss.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha that was good ... but yea ... its that very same fascination that makes me feel great owning this car at my age and knowing i paid/am paying for it ... its a pride thing and damn does it feel great.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:23 AM

Similar to that, I came out of a local grocery store to find an older woman posing by my XF and her daughter taking her picture. They laughed and said they had never seen a car like this and hey were going to send the picture to the older ladies ex-husband to drive him crazy.

Lol.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:29 PM

That's funny...here's my latest. I'm leaving a meeting this friday morning, I decided to run over and visit a friend and have to route past the monuments in DC to get there. I'm at a light and this guy about 30 ish walks past looking at my car, then stops the people he's walking with and they stand on the curb talking and pointing at the XF.

I don't know if they liked it, or hated it, but they were certainly interested in something about it. Still feels strange when that happens. (oh yes, I was completely clothed).

Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 PM

(oh yes, I was completely clothed).
Sure Dave, like we're just going to take your word for it.

Last edited by +fireamx; 11-12-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:25 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know if they liked it, or hated it, but they were certainly interested in something about it. Still feels strange when that happens. (oh yes, I was completely clothed).

Wearing just a rain coat doesn't count as being clothed.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
Wearing just a rain coat doesn't count as being clothed.
I had a hat on for sure.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Funny, but I find people looking at our car all the time too. I just laugh because we pulled off all of the crossfire emblems and watch them walk around the car trying to figure out what it is.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:55 AM

That's funny...here's my latest. I'm leaving a meeting this friday morning, I decided to run over and visit a friend and have to route past the monuments in DC to get there. I'm at a light and this guy about 30 ish walks past looking at my car, then stops the people he's walking with and they stand on the curb talking and pointing at the XF.

DC is fun like that. Especially if you cruize the tourists along Madison or Jefferson in front of the museums, it helps to have the windows down, too. The tourists love to gawk, and I indulge them on occasion (while looking for parking).
The best one I have personally seen with my car is when I was parked at a restaurant in Lancaster, PA. I parked it in a corner spot, and this dude pulls in near it, gets out of his van with the family. The family goes inside the restaurant and this dude walks around my car for like 10 minutes, peeking inside, looking under the rear end, I mean, checking the car out more than a lot of people do at a dealership. I was outside chatting with my family who I met there, watching this guy. We all got a kick out of it that this dude was more interested in the car than going into dinner with his family.
I almost think the X-fire is more distinctive than a Ferrari. You know what a Ferrari is when you see it (and in DC-Big Whoop), but not that many people know what a Crossfire is!