Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Patching a Tire

Old 11-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patching a Tire

I had a slow leak in the passenger side front tire. I took my car into my 5 star Chrysler dealer to have the oil changed and the leak fixed. It had a small screw in the tire. I told him no plugs, only an internal patch, They called me and told me they would not patch the tire, (they loose money because you have to remove the tire!) They however would plug it. They did agree a patch is much better. So I picked up the car after the oil change and took it to my local Car-X garage. They laughed! They patched it and rebalanced it and did not charge me! Chrysler if you are listening this is what you call SERVICE!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Patching a Tire

most chrysler dealers do not even have a machine capable of mounting a 19/18 inch low profile tire ... and if they do ... they do not have a technician that knows how to do it ... the sidewall poses a special challenge that only experience can overcome ... so be glad they did not butcher your rim edge.

dunno Car-X but sounds like they are possibly a specialty shop for aftermarket type of add ons ? what is it ?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Patching a Tire

Within two weeks of buying my crossfire I noticed a screw on my back right tire, I ended up having to take it to two different tire repair shops to patch it because the first place I went to did not have the right equipment to get the 19 inch tire off. When I went in the tech tried several times unsuccessfully to patch it, but the patch would not take, so he ended up leaving the patch in place and then plugging it. The total cost was $2.00. I was nervous about it for a while, but have had no problems since last May -