Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

It was a beautiful and fun car...

Old 11-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool It was a beautiful and fun car...

I just sold my 2005 Crossfire Limited 3.2 Auto about 2 months ago and bought a used 2006 Audi A3 2.0T Manual (18,000 miles).

I lived in MI with my family my entire life. When it came time to go to college (in FL) it was time to get rid of the beauty and get something more practical for a college student.

Reasons for getting rid of the Crossfire:
1. I was completely board with driving an automatic.
2. NO ROOM! It only seats two and has no room for luggage, which I needed for driving down to FL and so on...
3. Like I've seen others state on here, it got boring after two years of owning (like I'm sure most cars do).

Reasons for buying the Audi:
1. Manual (FUN)
2. TONS OF ROOM!!! I love having all this room (5 seats)! And it will be great when I need to pick up visitors at the airport with their luggage.
3. Even better gas mileage than a Crossfire. (32 hwy, 23-25 cty, this is my driving) which by the way, I never knew my exact mpg in the Crossfire.
4. It's still German engineered like the Crossfire, so I look forward to few if any problems like I experienced with the Crossfire.
5. Better acceleration, especially since it's chipped. I'm pushing out close to 250 hp compared to the stock 200 hp.

Anyways, there were some things I liked more about the Crossfire, but I needed something more practical and I am very happy with my choice.

Why did I come back to this forum? (I haven't posted on here in a long time). I saw a rare beautiful white crossfire coupe down here in FL. It was driving right next to me. It reminded me of what a beautiful car I once owned. It was a FUN car!

Cheers to those that still own a Crossfire. You own one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: It was a beautiful and fun car...

Sounds like you made a wise choice at this time in your life...however, you'll probably end up with another "beautiful car" later in your life...practical, tons of room, gas mileage...all plays a part in making car choice, but there's nothing like the looks and gasps we get when we drive our Xfires and people crane their necks to see this beauty on the roads..after SUVs, mini-vans, other convertibles, I'm not bored in the least with my car, and certainly don't mind being the only one behind the wheel. Car-pooling is WAY overrated!

Good luck with college and enjoy your Audi!

Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular

Where are you going to college in FL?

Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 PM

A college in the Central FL area. That's all I can say...

Last edited by dsc151; 11-19-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular

Ohh I'm down at the University of Miami - not too far from ya... Good luck with school and enjoy the car... I used to work for Audi and the A3 is a very nice car. Put a mild blow off valve on the turbo, it sounds amazing.