Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Power Window Switches...

Old 11-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Switches...

My SSB is an early build, June '03. I was just going over the list of warranty issues I've had with my car. I have had just about all the problems associated with the Crossfire... from the popping out of first gear (they replaced the transmission) to a noisy rear end (the complete rear end was swapped out) and almost everything in between.

I got a chuckle from one of the first issue I encountered, it was with the power window switches. When I pushed down, the window went up... when I pushed up, it went down. The 5 Star dealership tried to tell me it was a German made car and things worked differently, yeah right... a prelude of what was to come with Chrysler service.

I took the car home and reversed the switches myself, down is down and up is up. Problem fixed.

I was wondering if anyone with a later build car has encountered the same problem with their power window switches? There were a few early owners that had the problem, one member posted pictures in his gallery on how to reverse the switches.

What about wind noise and some of the other things the early build cars had wrong?

Old 11-22-2006, 05:07 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Power Window Switches...

Funny, the NAV works the same for some folks here.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular

LOL... ironically the pictures I was talking about in my post above just came across on the gallery previews on the home page. Here is the link if anyone is interested...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...php/photo/1195

Old 11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It’s unbelievable that the dealer would tell you that it was normal for European cars to operate like that, when it's as simple as turning the switch around. That's actually an insult to anyone’s intelligence.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Yes, very insulting... and as I said above, it was a prelude of things to come with that dealership. Except for the rear end noise, everything has been a battle with them getting my car fixed.

With the switch it was an easy fix, I had to pop it out, gently pry off the icon top, reverse the switch, reinstall the icon thing and pop the switch back in. 10-15 max to do both switches.

It never ceases to amaze me what the automotive service industry will try to pull on people... and if you're a women with car troubles, it only gets worse.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
Funny, the NAV works the same for some folks here.
Haha...I actually stopped into the DC dealership today and talked with one of the crossfire techs. He said he installed a NAV system in a crossfire about a year ago and it was doing the same thing as mine. He said he kept driving the car and after a few hours it started recognizing things and worked properly after that. Mine is beginning to recognize stuff and I'm hoping it works.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you mentioned this I first thought of the electronic compasses in the DC vehicles, they have teach mode you have to put them in and then drive around in a complete circle before they read correctly. I would assume the NAV unit would use SAT readings to determine direction, but maybe they do have a magnetic compass too since a GPS can not tell direction without movement. If it does correct itself with driving around then maybe there is a compass setup required.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Forum Regular

I also recall a test mode for all Chrysler techs that need to be certified on the Crossfire. Each tech is given a large paper bag which they climb into. They then must find there way out of it without calling the Tech Connect.

We lose more technicians from that test.

Sorry guys, but Mercedes techs, you are most certainly not.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular

From power window switches, to nav systems and Chrysler techs finding their way out of a paper bag... and all in one short thread.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 AM

This has gotten tooo funny! I like it!

On a serious note, GPS can't determine direction until we move about, then it can tell by our change in position on the surface of the globe.
So, if the pointer is to point in the right direction while we're sitting in our driveway, a compass is needed.
Where this compass is located (if indeed at all), I have no idea.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Compass should show up under all modes of your radio. It's a big arrow that points general direction of North on the right hand side of the display.

You may have to make a fairly large, circular type of trip to get it to calibrate everything. Probably at least 2 miles each direction.

Here's a shot of the front of my factory NAV showing the Compass.

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 11-24-2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Curious George wants to know where the compass is located...

Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular

Okay, since we're now talking GPS, here's mine... much better than OEM and less $$$. The Garmin StreetPilot C550.
True, it doesn't look as good as an in-dash mounted unit "with a screen", as found in other cars, but it has way more
features and information than the CD based system our friends at Chrysler provided for the Crossfire.

Last edited by ben47; 11-24-2006 at 04:10 PM.