Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Premium Care plans

Old 12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Care plans

How many of you have purchased the Chrysler Premium Care plan (extended non-dealer warrenty)?

My XF just turned 14k and I'd like to make my decision to purchase an extended plan by 15k.

From what I understand, since I am the 2nd owner, I do not have the 7/70. I only have the 3/36 base warrenty. The first owner of my XF leased it.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Premium Care plans

You CAN transfer the 7/70 powertrain warranty to the 2nd owner for a very small fee. That is a fact.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

Even though mine was originally a Leased vehicle? I need to contact Chrysler on this... and then report my dealership if I can get the 7/70. They did try to sell me thier own 3rd party plan... I refused thier 'preferred' plan... ahh... nevermind. I won't rant in here about it. Lol.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular

It does not matter if it was Leased or Bought (the first time), the 7/70 can be transferred for a small fee to the 2nd owner.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
It does not matter if it was Leased or Bought (the first time), the 7/70 can be transferred for a small fee to the 2nd owner.
Thank you. I'll be checking with Chrysler on this very soon.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Forum Regular

I read the 7/70 warranty details. The 2nd owner has 30 days to transfer the 7/70 Powertrain Warranty (100 ded.) for a fee of $150. Tell your dealer before your 30 days are up.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular

VQ35DE is correct.
I transferred mine for $150.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Angry Re: Premium Care plans

Thanks everyone for you (ongoing) help with this.

This is what I've learned.

Speaking with a different dealership, he looked up my last 8 on my VIN and told me I have:

7/70 powertrain
3/36 Bumper to bumper.

I can purchase a 4/60 bumper to bumper. Would this be worth the $. I don't know what 'bumper to bumper" actually means... yet.

I'm going to meet with him in 30 min to get further details on all this, printed verification of warrenty, etc.

The 7/70 I have, may have been purchased in my final purchase price... I don't know.. yet.

I've chosen to become angry with my selling dealership over this... may peruse this through the BBB, if what I learn warrants it. Will eventually get with them (manager and/or owner) and give them the opportunity to 'make me happy'.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Please let everyone know the outcome. It seems foolish to duplicate coverage.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Premium Care plans

The 7/70,000 warranty is standard with the car, as all have said that the warranties are transferable for a fee from $150.00 - $250.00 and there is a time limit.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks XFLTD.

In a nutshell, this is what I've found out... and all my questions were not answered.

LTD is correct. $150 within 30 days of purchase. This is the transfer fee from the 3/36 to the 7/70 powertrain warranty.

All the extended warranties kick in after the standard warranties run out. So, I don't see any point in purchasing an extended warranty at this time. I will pay the $150 transfer fee.

There may be an exception to this, which was also not answered... the Premium extended warranty also covers things like car rental, additional towing assistance, hotel expenses, etc. This sounds like anyone else's Roadside Assistance plans, such as the one I have with AAA.

What the 2 Dealerships were not able to answer:

- Detailed coverage's of my current 3/36 warranty and 7/70 warranty. They said things like interior lights were covered, but could not provide any detail to the coverage's in writing. Best I could get out of them was "Everything except wear parts."

- Whether or not I already have the 7/70 "at this time". They say the only way for me to find out is:
1. Ask the Dealer I purchased the car from (who i don't want to ask, because I no longer trust them).
2. Ask Chrysler. But they probably won't have record of it for another week or two. I will do this in a week or two.
3. Pricing that matches each other's quotes.

As far as background to all this... not too surprising. The following occurred the day of purchase.

When purchasing my car, I had already lined up financing through my credit union, but I wanted to know what the Dealership would offer me. They REALLY wanted to finance me. They did the following ploys.
1. Quoted me an interest rate at their "best we can do", which was 1.5% over my Credit Union.
2. When I told them my Credit Union rate, they lowered theirs to .01 below that. Hence they lied.
3. Pushed extended warranties. Pushed harder after I requested they look up my car's coverage's as a 2nd owner and they realized I had the 3/36 not the 7/70 Powertrain.
4. Pushed 'their preferred warranty company (Western General, or something) and said "we are getting away from the Chrysler extended warranties as of the 1st 2007"... after I asked if their WG coverage was Chrysler.

A couple days later, after doing some research, I called and directly asked if the Chrysler X warranty is still going to be available. They said Yes, both X Warranties would be available and they would sell the Chrysler one on request.
5. They never informed me that these X Warranties would go into effect after my current warranties expire. They were trying to get an additional $2,100 out of me for X Warranties.

This is all deceitful to me. May be common business practice for 5 Star dealerships, but it isn't acceptable to me.

Regardless of all this, the 2nd Dealership who didn't sell me the car is much closer to home. They bent over backwards to answer my questions. They obviously want my maintainace business.

Lastly, what I planned on doing and didn't have time to do today (it was just too sunny and nice, so I had to go for a drive instead) was call & visit my selling Dealership and ask about the X Warranties one more time. Make them think I'm ready to buy by convincing me this is something I need now. Set them up to lie to me again. Then I was going to go to the Dealership manager and inform him just how displeased I am over all this crap. I'll give them the option to compensate me before I report them to mother Chrysler, as if that would do any good.

Soo... that is the status of things, including polite ranting.

Ack... where is the spelling checker?

Last edited by Electric Messiah; 12-13-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Forum Regular
Thumbs down Re: Premium Care plans

Latest update...

Talked to my seller Dealer Finance Guy again... he checked 'again' and said the 7/70 was not available.

I went back to the closer dealer and paid the $150 transfer fee for the 7/70. I now have the 7/70 powertrain warrenty.

I also called the General Manager of my selling Dealership and left a message on his voicemail. He called back today and politely listened to my complaints.

The only promise I got from him was a refund for some glass etching I did not ask for or want. Basically there are serial numbers etched in all the windows to help with theft retrieval. I was told that this is something they always did and was not given the opportunity to say I didn't want it. I later found that all they charge you for is an 'activation' of the serial number.

So, not all is lost. I know i won't be spending any $ at that dealership again. And I am getting a $200 refund. That should almost pay for the speed booster and capacitor mod.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Forum Regular

Someone had asked for updates on how this stuff plays out...

Just received a letter in the mail today from DaimlerChrysler Motors Company, LLC. informing me that I can purchase the 7/70 as a second owner for $150 within 30 days of purchase.

A copy, with highlights, will be sent to the General Manager with a letter listing (again) my complaints and feeling I'm due for compensation.

Also, though I haven't checked it out, I may have a slow leak in my rear passenger tire... :P

Temperature is changing rapidly here, so I don't know for sure yet.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:03 PM

I'm in the same boat regarding the second owner. Do we get the transfer papers and pay the dealer for this to happen. I have an '05 limited with 20,000 miles, still under the 3/36,000 but if all is true I have until the 11th of january to get the 7/70 into my name and on my car. I will keep a eye on this very important topic. Some info I will need...

1. who to see at the dealer
2. do I pay the dealer
3. do I call chrysler

Old 12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kardiac
I'm in the same boat regarding the second owner. Do we get the transfer papers and pay the dealer for this to happen. I have an '05 limited with 20,000 miles, still under the 3/36,000 but if all is true I have until the 11th of january to get the 7/70 into my name and on my car. I will keep a eye on this very important topic. Some info I will need...

1. who to see at the dealer
2. do I pay the dealer
3. do I call chrysler
If your the 2nd owner, you ARE able to get the 7/70 for a fee. I was 'told' from the liar Finance Guy that after 15k miles, the transfer fee would go up... $50.

1. I suggest the Finance Manager. Call, give vin and ask them to look you up right then.
- If they say you can't have it, they are lying. Call another dealer, rinse and repeat.
- If they all say you can't have it, then let me know and I'll give you my new dealer's #. You should be able to do this out of state.

2. Yes, you pay the dealer.
3. You can and probably should. May save you step 1.

I scanned a copy of my letter for you. Click the thumbnail to read. If your on dialup, be patient. The picture is large. 1275x1755

I hope this helps. DC phone number is at the bottom.

Last edited by Electric Messiah; 12-22-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:44 AM

Thanks, I will try this. I called the chrysler warranty company yesterday, left a message, and shot off an e mail, just to keep a written doc on file with them. In these kinds of matters I do a lot of e mail to show date, times, and responses. So where did your letter come from, did you call someone, or did they just send it to you after the sale of the vehicle? I may be getting one in the mail soon, but just cant take a chance on that, I have until Jan 11.07 before my 30 days exp. I will try the fin Mgr at the dealer first and let the fight began, LOL!! Thanks for the info. This is very important !!!

Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Electric Messiah
Thanks XFLTD.

Lastly, what I planned on doing and didn't have time to do today (it was just too sunny and nice, so I had to go for a drive instead) was call & visit my selling Dealership and ask about the X Warranties one more time. Make them think I'm ready to buy by convincing me this is something I need now. Set them up to lie to me again. Then I was going to go to the Dealership manager and inform him just how displeased I am over all this crap. I'll give them the option to compensate me before I report them to mother Chrysler, as if that would do any good.

Soo... that is the status of things, including polite ranting.

Ack... where is the spelling checker?
Who's lying to who here?

Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by polywave
Who's lying to who here?
Point made... to no avail.

I was upset when I wrote that and did use the wrong choice of words.

I was and have been learning more and more about how all this worked. So it wasn't actually a 'set up' as much as it was real inquiries as to the advantages of purchasing an extended warranty.

Bottom line: They lied 3X, mislead and successfully scammed me once on the Window Etching... which did receive a refund check for yesterday.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Electric Messiah
If your the 2nd owner, you ARE able to get the 7/70 for a fee. I was 'told' from the liar Finance Guy that after 15k miles, the transfer fee would go up... $50.

1. I suggest the Finance Manager. Call, give vin and ask them to look you up right then.
- If they say you can't have it, they are lying. Call another dealer, rinse and repeat.
- If they all say you can't have it, then let me know and I'll give you my new dealer's #. You should be able to do this out of state.

2. Yes, you pay the dealer.
3. You can and probably should. May save you step 1.

I scanned a copy of my letter for you. Click the thumbnail to read. If your on dialup, be patient. The picture is large. 1275x1755

I hope this helps. DC phone number is at the bottom.
Here is what happened yesterday at the dealer regarding the transferring of the 7/70 warranty into my name. I spoke with the business manager who was a woman, and I explained to her what it is that I would like to do, she looked up the last 8 of my vin# and starred at the computer for a minute before telling me that I only have 3/36 available. That's when I broke out the letter you provided me, and a E-mail response from Chrysler-warranty admin, as well as the page in my warranty booklet showing that this was not true, and that I needed to get this process started today to preserve my right to transfer. Again she showed me the computer screen where it only showed 3/36. I pressed here to take my info down, take my credit card payment TODAY! And provide me with a receipt of payment for the 7/70 transfer and she took it, Gave me a sign receipt with here name on it, I have my credit card receipt. Her response is that she will try to input the info on tuesday morning and see if the system will take, yea right!!! I will follow up with the warranty-admin on tues evening and press until this process is completed. I just wanted to make sure that my 30 days did not run out playing around with these people. I'm sure she was surprise with all the documented info I had provided here AFTER she told me that this warranty was not available to me . I will keep you and the board informed as I fight for what is right. Thanks for the info you provided me.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular

Great. Let us know how it works out.