Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Door Panel Rattle

Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel Rattle

So I have isolated the annoying rattle that has plagued my crossfire for weeks.

It is coming from the passenger door handle. If I push on the handle and stop the pieces from rubbing together, the rattle stops. On EVERY bass hit, it is the most awful noise.

Can Chrysler fix this under warranty? I just bought new speakers and I am going to install them myself, so I think I am going to try to fix these darn plastic rattles, but maybe the dealer can fix it? I wish these door panels weren't so plasticy.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Door Panel Rattle

Originally Posted by brhertel
So I have isolated the annoying rattle that has plagued my crossfire for weeks.

It is coming from the passenger door handle. If I push on the handle and stop the pieces from rubbing together, the rattle stops. On EVERY bass hit, it is the most awful noise.

Can Chrysler fix this under warranty? I just bought new speakers and I am going to install them myself, so I think I am going to try to fix these darn plastic rattles, but maybe the dealer can fix it? I wish these door panels weren't so plasticy.
Hey let me know when you are changing out the speakers, I'll swing by.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:01 PM

Just got my 2004 Xfire about a month ago and that RATTLE is driving me nutz same exact place!!!

As soon as I reach over and place a lil pressure on the door it stops!!! Second I let go it starts ... Can't even enjoy music in the car.

My Xfire was purchased used so I am sure they are going to fix it at MY own cost if I bring it in...

Any advise would be great!!! RATTLE IS DRIVING ME INSANE... SOUNDS AS BAD AS A BUSTED SPEAKER WHEN BASS HITS !!!

Last edited by Extensive; 12-16-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irafatsar
Hey let me know when you are changing out the speakers, I'll swing by.
Please do, that would be great, this ought to be fun. And Alpine Ale after this too?

Old 12-17-2006, 09:38 AM

Hi Extensive,

Just a thought. Your warranty is transferable and starts when the car goes into service. In my case, my 2004 sat on the lot for nearly a year before the first owner bought it. Even though it was built in July 2003, most of the basic warranty still applies. Maybe yours does too. The start of service date and thus the remaining warranty amount should be available from your dealer if it wasn't given to you when you bought the car. Best of luck!

Old 12-17-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by arkady
Hi Extensive,

Just a thought. Your warranty is transferable and starts when the car goes into service. In my case, my 2004 sat on the lot for nearly a year before the first owner bought it. Even though it was built in July 2003, most of the basic warranty still applies. Maybe yours does too. The start of service date and thus the remaining warranty amount should be available from your dealer if it wasn't given to you when you bought the car. Best of luck!
I know my warranty 100% cover still bumper to bumper for close to a year, then I will have just the powertrain warranty come into effect...

I will bring it in tomorrow and see what they say, have to bring it in anyways, when I idle at a light my entire car shakes as if the battery is low and the car is going to shut off?

Keep you posted.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could someone tell me how to get the door panels off. I'd love to get in there without breaking the panel... and fix the noise(s) myself.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Forum Regular

Down load the manual from this thread. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=9474
Then see page 23 / 108 take your time and you'll be ok.
PS: It takes a long time for the down load, Start it and go do something else. If you have dial up,... Start the download and go to bed.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't want to download the whole manual you can get just the procedure here: http://homepage.mac.com/gregmeach/XF..._DoorPanel.pdf ( I got this link from Andrew's post #20 from Biggest stereo bang for the buck mod thread).

Old 12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys.