Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Interior Lights

Old 09-11-2021, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights

Hi Guys... has anyone experienced an issue with the interior lights NOT working suddenly? They used to come on when I opened the door, then dimmed slowly after I closed it, or if I was just getting in, they would come on, and then dim slowly once I was in and closed the door. This feature just stopped working, but the map light feature DOES work, so the bulbs are fine... since the headlamps also used to stay on for a while after I locked it, and that ALSO stopped, I am guessing they are "related" issues. I did have an issue with the security system because of the frequent water collection in the trunk area and in my case it corroded off one of the connectors, but I was able to purchase an entire harness and "brain" from which I transferred the good connector over from and I've had NO issues with that system since. Anyone dealt with these issues? Thanks as always! BoB in Mass.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Interior Lights

Originally Posted by BoB Fenn
Hi Guys... has anyone experienced an issue with the interior lights NOT working suddenly? They used to come on when I opened the door, then dimmed slowly after I closed it, or if I was just getting in, they would come on, and then dim slowly once I was in and closed the door. This feature just stopped working, but the map light feature DOES work, so the bulbs are fine... since the headlamps also used to stay on for a while after I locked it, and that ALSO stopped, I am guessing they are "related" issues. I did have an issue with the security system because of the frequent water collection in the trunk area and in my case it corroded off one of the connectors, but I was able to purchase an entire harness and "brain" from which I transferred the good connector over from and I've had NO issues with that system since. Anyone dealt with these issues? Thanks as always! BoB in Mass.

Hi Bob, just a FYI and a Q? Is the selector switch on the top center console (dome light housing) in the correct position? No sure if it matters but maybe it was accidentally switched? Hope it helps.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Hi Bob, just a FYI and a Q? Is the selector switch on the top center console (dome light housing) in the correct position? No sure if it matters but maybe it was accidentally switched? Hope it helps.

Yeah... I checked it with the switch in both positions... I did just fine a schematic showing the circuit and it goes back through that 'brain' I bought and I may need to go back to that and see if the offending wire (#75) is corroded off also... that is the signal wire from the door switches to the locking brain that tells it that a door is "open" and thus 'needs' a ground which is then "sent" from something under the hood. Egads!

Old 09-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by BoB Fenn
Yeah... I checked it with the switch in both positions... I did just fine a schematic showing the circuit and it goes back through that 'brain' I bought and I may need to go back to that and see if the offending wire (#75) is corroded off also... that is the signal wire from the door switches to the locking brain that tells it that a door is "open" and thus 'needs' a ground which is then "sent" from something under the hood. Egads!

Ouch, sounds like some kind of water damage/varmints damage. Good luck!