Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

I've done both the tune and sprint booster...tune is great, the sprint booster imho, works well with the tune...i drive with the sb in the middle setting, i find that for daily driving the red setting is a little to responsive...
I have a new siren module, $229.00 including tax...cdn dollars...i pulled out the trunk foam...not that easy, but take ur time....trunk was dry....the pump looked fine...so i will gamble on the new siren working...if not, i will be going after each switch...doors, trunk, glovebox and hood til i find the
problem, wish it could be disarmed, without affecting any other stuff...let you know in a few days if it fixed the issue....bought the siren at the mb dealer....way cheaper that chrysler.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wraith13
I've done both the tune and sprint booster...tune is great, the sprint booster imho, works well with the tune...i drive with the sb in the middle setting, i find that for daily driving the red setting is a little to responsive...
I have a new siren module, $229.00 including tax...cdn dollars...i pulled out the trunk foam...not that easy, but take ur time....trunk was dry....the pump looked fine...so i will gamble on the new siren working...if not, i will be going after each switch...doors, trunk, glovebox and hood til i find the
problem, wish it could be disarmed, without affecting any other stuff...let you know in a few days if it fixed the issue....bought the siren at the mb dealer....way cheaper that chrysler.
So you managed to pull out trunk foam without breaking anything?

about ECU:
Is it just as easy as plug and play?
Did it affect on fuel economy?

Old 05-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

What part number did you buy? there is the old part and the new part that beeps when you lock or unlock the doors with the fob.

Reliableron posted the following numbers and cost.
"I bought the alarm siren from Mercedes MB part #A 171 820 25 26 - $148.60 Canadian. Chrysler quoted 282.00 Canadian for #5124443AB"

A previous thread stated the following
IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.
I suspect the part number should have read 5124443AB.

So Reliableron got the new part (beeping)#5124443AB (MB#171 820 25 26)

Not a bad profit for putting the part in a Chrysler bag with a Chrysler part number on it, $148.60 becomes $282.00. You just have to love them stealers.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new siren module, $229.00 including tax...cdn dollars....bought the siren at the mb dealer....way cheaper that chrysler.
Ouch!! That's alarming!! How much did Chrysler want? I haven't called around for prices yet, but if it's going to be that much I'll be maintaining my silence.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Did the eurocharged tune, thru the group buy on this site..
Only broke a little corner piece of the foam...but its hide once the panels go back in...used a door panel tool on all the plastic buttons with a rag under it keep from scratching the plastic...
Replacement siren is MB part # A2198203226
Its the newer one that chirps....haven't took the old one out yet.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 AM

I just wanted you all to know I had the same problem with my W202. Parking/running lights would flash intermittently all times of the day/night. Ordered a new siren module online. Got tired of waiting for the new unit, so I removed the defective one. I cut around the circumference of the housing where it is welded together. There is a six volt Varta battery connected to the circuit board in the unit. Removed the battery heat shrink, and scrubbed it clean with a stainless brush. Soldered new leads and a connector to the cleaned battery. Screwed the whole thing back together, and sealed it with RTV. I have the new unit, but have not installed it yet as the one I fixed has been working for nine months now.

Just wanted to share as this thread helped me determine the problem originally.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by nhmercracer
I just wanted you all to know I had the same problem with my W202. Parking/running lights would flash intermittently all times of the day/night. Ordered a new siren module online. Got tired of waiting for the new unit, so I removed the defective one. I cut around the circumference of the housing where it is welded together. There is a six volt Varta battery connected to the circuit board in the unit. Removed the battery heat shrink, and scrubbed it clean with a stainless brush. Soldered new leads and a connector to the cleaned battery. Screwed the whole thing back together, and sealed it with RTV. I have the new unit, but have not installed it yet as the one I fixed has been working for nine months now.

This is what I like to hear, they make these things so hard to open and often the thing is easy to repair.

Great job, lets hear more of these fixes that save money and help us quit wasting parts that can be repaired and reused.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by nhmercracer

This gave me the inspiration to try and fix my original siren part number 56038724AB. When I opened up mine it had two separate 3.6V batteries which had leaked over the board. After neutralizing the alkaline leakage with a weak vinegar solution and cleaning with a fiberglass burnishing brush the board was clean. Instead of buying new batteries and board mounting them I have decided to keep the batteries outside of the siren and connect it via a flying lead. I made a temporary battery pack using rechargeable AA cells to give the required 7.2v for this module and have been running this jury rig for a few days now with no problems and seems to be performing great.
The proper battery pack when it arrives is going to be housed either inside the fuse box or the box that holds the RCM. From there I can keep an eye on it for future leaks.

Before I started taking it apart I phoned a local MB dealer in the UK and he quoted £103 to supply the latest part, he stated they always have 8 or 10 in stock as they keep having to replace them. So it seems the later versions also have issues.

Matt

Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM

I am going to add these to the thread "Index of Crossfire problems, repairs and How Too's"
This helps save the planet one alarm siren at a time. That's got to be a good thing. Right?

Originally by nhmercracer.

'I just wanted you all to know I had the same problem with my W202. Parking/running lights would flash intermittently all times of the day/night. Ordered a new siren module online. Got tired of waiting for the new unit, so I removed the defective one. I cut around the circumference of the housing where it is welded together. There is a six volt Varta battery connected to the circuit board in the unit. Removed the battery heat shrink, and scrubbed it clean with a stainless brush. Soldered new leads and a connector to the cleaned battery. Screwed the whole thing back together, and sealed it with RTV. I have the new unit, but have not installed it yet as the one I fixed has been working for nine months now.

Just wanted to share as this thread helped me determine the problem originally.'

Originally by Wolf 1608

'This gave me the inspiration to try and fix my original siren part number 56038724AB. When I opened up mine it had two separate 3.6V batteries which had leaked over the board. After neutralizing the alkaline leakage with a weak vinegar solution and cleaning with a fiberglass burnishing brush the board was clean. Instead of buying new batteries and board mounting them I have decided to keep the batteries outside of the siren and connect it via a flying lead. I made a temporary battery pack using rechargeable AA cells to give the required 7.2v for this module and have been running this jury rig for a few days now with no problems and seems to be performing great.
The proper battery pack when it arrives is going to be housed either inside the fuse box or the box that holds the RCM. From there I can keep an eye on it for future leaks.

Before I started taking it apart I phoned a local MB dealer in the UK and he quoted £103 to supply the latest part, he stated they always have 8 or 10 in stock as they keep having to replace them. So it seems the later versions also have issues.'

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-28-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM

Oh yeess alarm problem made a comeback to my crossie!

I changed the car battery about 3 months ago and problem solved... Buuuutt now it's here once again just when I should head to Estonia.

So is it possible to disable the alarm just for now. Like if I open the alarm module box and just take the old module off?

Could someone please send me a picture of where the alarm module is placed under the hood cause' I just can't figure where it is. I know what it looks like but can't seem to find it. =(

Would appreciate all the help cause' I really want to get to roadrip =//

Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by kragath
Oh yeess alarm problem made a comeback to my crossie!

I changed the car battery about 3 months ago and problem solved... Buuuutt now it's here once again just when I should head to Estonia.

So is it possible to disable the alarm just for now. Like if I open the alarm module box and just take the old module off?

Could someone please send me a picture of where the alarm module is placed under the hood cause' I just can't figure where it is. I know what it looks like but can't seem to find it. =(

Would appreciate all the help cause' I really want to get to roadrip =//
The alarm module is under the cowl, you have to remove some screws and the wiper arms to get at it.
The following thread shows the alarm under the cowl.
CLICK HERE for thread.
CLICK HERE for PDF (better pictures)

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-13-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're probably better off pulling the fuse.. disconnecting the alarm itself won't stop the lights from flashing etc (if that is happening and its not just the siren) and you might kill your battery...

Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The alarm module is under the cowl, you have to remove some screws and the wiper arms to get at it.
The following thread shows the alarm under the cowl.
CLICK HERE for thread.
CLICK HERE for PDF (better pictures)

Thanks "rayth" and "onehundred80" !! These were just the photos I need! =))

So there is some side effects if I pull the fuse #9 off for now?

I'm going to start working with alarm right after work!

Ps. "the feeling when you have to drive home from work with car alarm screeming all the time" !!! HILARIOUS ;DD

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So there is some side effects if I pull the fuse #9 off for now?
You'll lose interior light and TPMS when you pull the fuse. Also, if the siren is actually going off when you pull the fuse it will keep going as it has it's own on-board battery. Wear ear plugs when you lift the hood.... the already-loud siren gets even louder when the hood is open.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:16 AM

So I fixed the problem yesterday for now.

I took the whole alarm module off (easy as plug and play) and checked if it's going to affect to car's other systems etc.
Now the car doesn't flash lights and obviously doesn't bother me with alarm sound. So all good for now.

It was quite easy job after all. windscreen wipers were little bit stuck but CRC did the job and I managed to pull the wipers off.

Now I just need to start looking for a new alarm module.

Thanks again to helpers!!

Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM

So I fixed the problem yesterday for now.

I took the whole alarm module off (easy as plug and play) and checked if it's going to affect to car's other systems etc.
Now the car doesn't flash lights and obviously doesn't bother me with alarm sound. So all good for now.

It was quite easy job after all. windscreen wipers were little bit stuck but CRC did the job and I managed to pull the wipers off.

Now I just need to start looking for a new alarm module.

Thanks again to helpers!!
Someone here took apart the alarm and replaced the battery inside and it worked. Others have found that the battery had leaked and ruined the insides.
It certainly is worth a try, but the new sirens ($140?) beep when you operate the door locks.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Someone here took apart the alarm and replaced the battery inside and it worked. Others have found that the battery had leaked and ruined the insides.
It certainly is worth a try, but the new sirens ($140?) beep when you operate the door locks.

Yeah as far as I have searched the new siren from internet, its cheapest there in North America. Maybe could find one also from Germany but I can't handle germanies language
And here in Finland you can't find anything under 300e

But yeah I'm going to open the old one tomorrow cause' I have killer hangover rigth now and I don't have the security torx.

I put couple of photos here also If someone doesn't know the location of alarm module...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20130615_210416.jpg (1.08 MB, 158 views)
IMG_20130615_210818.jpg (1.43 MB, 144 views)
IMG_20130615_210835.jpg (1.39 MB, 142 views)
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Replacing fob batteries has not worked for me. Fob won't lock, unlock or set off the panic alarm. Alarm goes off and the car wont start. For the past three weeks the alarm without the siren has been going off frequently. The siren battery I see suggested and a control module in back for the door locks.
04 Crossfire

Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by mhmerrick
Replacing fob batteries has not worked for me. Fob won't lock, unlock or set off the panic alarm. Alarm goes off and the car wont start. For the past three weeks the alarm without the siren has been going off frequently. The siren battery I see suggested and a control module in back for the door locks.
04 Crossfire
After replacing the fob batteries when they have died some time ago, the fob has to be matched with the car again, details are on the forum.
What is an alarm and what is a siren? Inquisitive minds would like to know.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My alarm kept going of, here is what I did to resolve the problem:

1) Replaced my old key fob batteries with new ones in both my keys - DIDN'T WORK!
2) Fitted in a new car battery and also changed the 10AMP Red number 9 fuse. WORKED (So far)

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!