Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Old 09-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Same issue.
I had my SKREEM module replaced after the car wouldn't start. ($500 at dealership)

Then the fob wouldn't work then suddenly did.

Then the alarm started going off when I wasn't near the car.

I took it to the dealership and they said it was the key and the batteries were low. They quoted me $350 for a new key.

I replaced the key batteries instead for 3$.

Apparently when I was not near the car the lights still flashed (according to my neighbor). This eventually drained the battery once and I had to get a boost.

Now just the lights flash over and over but no siren and I verified this.

To keep it from draining the battery again I have pulled fuse 9. I still have interior lights though and the horn still works. Just no automatic door locks at all.

My questions are:
  1. if I pull the alarm module all together or replace it will that solve the flashing lights?
  2. Do I need an special tools other than a wrench set to get the alarm module out?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Here's the roadsters. It actually started sounding off while in traffic. Had to pull the fuse.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (1.79 MB, 34 views)
Old 10-17-2016, 02:34 AM

Can I assume that changing the fob batteries worked? No one came back to say if that was the issue or not?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakaShawn
Can I assume that changing the fob batteries worked? No one came back to say if that was the issue or not?
Not the fob batteries, replacing the siren or disconnecting it should solve the flashing lights.
A new siren would sound and the lights flash if someone tampered with the car.
I am not sure if he reprogrammed the fob after the batteries were replaced, they had been dead a while so the programming was lost.
He has the horn so maybe, I am not sure, does the RCM have the horny all the time mod and does that bypass fuse #9?

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-17-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Dave, I just installed the siren you were kind enough to solder in the replacement batteries that you also provided. Works like a charm! Beaner will be testing his later today. Thanks for your expertise and hospitality.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:15 AM

Hi Guys,
Can you help me?Recently i have a problem.
Sometimes when i parked the car and get down from car.Locking all doors by Fob key.The doors are locked but siren & tail lights starts to blink.Once i open the door with Fob the alarm& tail lights stops blinking.This problem is not always.Sometimes it close properly.

I checked Locking/Unlocking doors-Doors are working prefect.
Air vaccum pump is working prefect.No leak
Fuses are good
My car battery & Fob batteries are good.

Inside the car when i am sitting.without inserting Key in ignition.I am pressing door lock/unlock button in console.It works perfect without any flashing lights & siren.

This problem any from outside locking with fob or manual key.

Can anybody assist me to solve this problem?

Old 12-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by leogany
Hi Guys,
Can you help me?Recently i have a problem.
Sometimes when i parked the car and get down from car.Locking all doors by Fob key.The doors are locked but siren & tail lights starts to blink.Once i open the door with Fob the alarm& tail lights stops blinking.This problem is not always.Sometimes it close properly.

I checked Locking/Unlocking doors-Doors are working prefect.
Air vaccum pump is working prefect.No leak
Fuses are good
My car battery & Fob batteries are good.

Inside the car when i am sitting.without inserting Key in ignition.I am pressing door lock/unlock button in console.It works perfect without any flashing lights & siren.

This problem any from outside locking with fob or manual key.

Can anybody assist me to solve this problem?

What do you mean by the siren blinks? The front and rear lights normally flash once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the siren that 'chirps', it'll chirp once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the mod for the chirp (radio shack siren wired into the fuse panel under the hood), the 'chirp' will come from that area and not from the siren location.

If the siren is making a cricket sound when it chirps or activates, you need to either replace the siren or replace the 2 internal rechargable batteries IN the siren that are soldered to the circuit board.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 AM
Angry Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

[QUOTE=GraphiteGhost;879348] What do you mean by the siren blinks? The front and rear lights normally flash once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the siren that 'chirps', it'll chirp once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the mod for the chirp (radio shack siren wired into the fuse panel under the hood), the 'chirp' will come from that area and not from the siren location.

If the siren is making a cricket sound when it chirps or activates, you need to either replace the siren or replace the 2 internal rechargable batteries IN the siren that are soldered to the circuit board.

OK, my turn, I've read (I think) every post on the car alarms. I have 05 Roadster, and I got up to pee the other night, glance out my kitchen window and my lights are flashing. So unlock and re-lock the doors. Lights stop. Go back to bed, figured maybe cat set off alarm. BTY, no alarm siren. So go to VA hospital yesterday in Orlando, doctors appointment. Put top, close window, left car set my alarm/lock doors. Spend 3 hours there came out and the lights are flashing, figure someone might have bumped the car. Long store short. Same thing this morning, pee, check lights flash. Unlock/lock doors lights stop. Decided to leave unlocked. Been finding and read post since 2:30, now 4:45, my question to you experts, if I remove the alarm mod., will the car still operate without it? Will the car doors lock/unlock? I'm the 3rd owner, I'm guessing that it has never been changed and the previous owners never had a problem with it. I also figure that the batteries in the alarm are shot, because no siren. If the car will operate with out alarm mod., I may just pull it and not replace it. And if someone steals it(wishful thinking), then my insurance company has to pay. I love the car, but it has cost me nothing but money since I got it (1 year now). Whole new ignition system (key system), 2 hydraulic cylinder rebuilds, and now this, hard to enjoy a car, when your worried about it leaving you setting on the side of the road. So enough complaining, can the modular be removed and the car still function? This enquiring mind wants to know. Btw, great forum, help me on a lot of other areas, especially with the hydraulic top system and new license plate lights.
PS: new FOB batteries, 2months ago and the battery in the car says it was installed 5/15. Will get it checked for proper charge and volts.

Last edited by djohn14296; 12-28-2016 at 05:08 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=djohn14296;879472]
Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
What do you mean by the siren blinks? The front and rear lights normally flash once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the siren that 'chirps', it'll chirp once for unlock, three times for lock. If you have the mod for the chirp (radio shack siren wired into the fuse panel under the hood), the 'chirp' will come from that area and not from the siren location.

OK, my turn, I've read (I think) every post on the car alarms. I have 05 Roadster, and I got up to pee the other night, glance out my kitchen window and my lights are flashing. So unlock and re-lock the doors. Lights stop. Go back to bed, figured maybe cat set off alarm. BTY, no alarm siren. So go to VA hospital yesterday in Orlando, doctors appointment. Put top, close window, left car set my alarm/lock doors. Spend 3 hours there came out and the lights are flashing, figure someone might have bumped the car. Long store short. Same thing this morning, pee, check lights flash. Unlock/lock doors lights stop. Decided to leave unlocked. Been finding and read post since 2:30, now 4:45, my question to you experts, if I remove the alarm mod., will the car still operate without it? Will the car doors lock/unlock? I'm the 3rd owner, I'm guessing that it has never been changed and the previous owners never had a problem with it. I also figure that the batteries in the alarm are shot, because no siren. If the car will operate with out alarm mod., I may just pull it and not replace it. And if someone steals it(wishful thinking), then my insurance company has to pay. I love the car, but it has cost me nothing but money since I got it (1 year now). Whole new ignition system (key system), 2 hydraulic cylinder rebuilds, and now this, hard to enjoy a car, when your worried about it leaving you setting on the side of the road. So enough complaining, can the modular be removed and the car still function? This enquiring mind wants to know. Btw, great forum, help me on a lot of other areas, especially with the hydraulic top system and new license plate lights.
PS: new FOB batteries, 2months ago and the battery in the car says it was installed 5/15. Will get it checked for proper charge and volts.
If you have this problem then the first thing to do is look for water in the trunk. If you have water damage to the central locking pump (CLP/SSM) in the trunk you will have problems.
Look under the trunk mat beside the foam block on the passenger side and see if there is water in the well where the pump sits. It is a bit of trouble to take the foam block out, so just push some newspaper down beside the foam and see if it gets wet if you cannot see deep enough down the well.
See this thread. CLICK
Removing the siren does not seem to cure the flashing lights.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-28-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Question Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Thanks for the quick post 180, well under form is dry, and other suggestions?

Old 12-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

To answer your question, yes you can disconnect the alarm module without effecting anything else.
( you have to remove the wiper arms and the plastic cowling to get to it however )

HOWEVER ! I have never heard of the alarm module causing the lights to flash, it only has 3 wires running to it :
1. a ground wire
2. a 12v always hot wire.
3. a signal wire that tells it to holler.

I would suspect the CLPM in the trunk as the culprit ( along with 180 ),
might try just disconnecting the 3 electrical plugs to it, spray all with contact cleaner,
let it dry then reconnect.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 12-28-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine caused lights to flash as well as the alarm, pretty much like if you press the panic button on the key FOB.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
To answer your question, yes you can disconnect the alarm module without effecting anything else.
( you have to remove the wiper arms and the plastic cowling to get to it however )

HOWEVER ! I have never heard of the alarm module causing the lights to flash, it only has 3 wires running to it :
1. a ground wire

might try just disconnecting the 3 electrical plugs to it, spray all with contact cleaner,

Ditto with 180 (Dave) and ala_xfire (George). If water got into that CLPM at any time, corrosion eventually starts and does damage.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

If the plastic is bad but the metal parts are good then sounds like a candidate for a 3D printer.

ps Sears Diehard AGM 50748 is a drop-in and claims to be on sale.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Padgett
If the plastic is bad but the metal parts are good then sounds like a candidate for a 3D printer.

ps Sears Diehard AGM 50748 is a drop-in and claims to be on sale.
You should use the QUOTE function when you reply to a post, you know what post you are referring to but I and probably others do not in some cases.
Don't worry, others do this as well, but I never bother to chase around the thread looking if I do not get the subject of the obscure post.
If I did not use the QUOTE function in my reply here it would look a bit odd, especially if what I was referring to was on another page or way up the page.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:42 PM
Angry Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Originally Posted by ala_xfire

1. a ground wire

OK George, I decided to cut though the trunk insulation and dig out the Unit (CLPM), it looks bone dry and has never seen the 1st drop of water, clean as the day it was manufactured. Should I still get some contact cleaner and put a little dab of dialectic grease? Enclosed some pictures.
Next step start checking switches in the doors, hood, & trunk? I'm not good with electrical things, chuk, any chance you might be? I'm also a crappy picture taker.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20161229_135850.jpg (1.76 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg
20161229_135903.jpg (1.58 MB, 23 views)

Last edited by djohn14296; 12-29-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add on
Old 12-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If Chuk can't fix it, then it can't be fixed.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by djohn14296
OK George, I decided to cut though the trunk insulation and dig out the Unit (CLPM), it looks bone dry and has never seen the 1st drop of water, clean as the day it was manufactured. Should I still get some contact cleaner and put a little dab of dialectic grease? Enclosed some pictures.
Next step start checking switches in the doors, hood, & trunk? I'm not good with electrical things, chuk, any chance you might be? I'm also a crappy picture taker.
So the system works fine if it operated from inside but trips the alarm system if operated by the fob.
Could there be a problem with the fob? Dropped in water or something?
What circuit used is different when using the fob? What changes the RF signal into an electrical one? The answer may lie there somewhere.
The CLP/SSM (air pump) makes the lights blink I feel sure of that.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Unhappy Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Well, a new never ending story; Dung out my CLPM as stated earlier. Put everything back together, I'm hoping it is right, couldn't remember exactly. Tried to us logic and the form around the unit. So then hooked battery back, went to NAPA, got contact cleaner, dialectic grease and a new tie down for the wires. Got home decide to wait till morning, to tackle the clean and grease. Lock car using fob. a few minutes later(less than 5), quickest ever, the lights blinking. One press of unlock button, the lights stopped blinking, A couple of minutes later, car locks itself and a few more minutes, lights start blinking again. So this time press unlock button twice. lights stop, doors and trunk unlock, but wait a few minutes goes by, car locks itself again and few more minutes car starts blinking again. So I said I'll try what I did last night, I open the drivers door, lock everything and then unlock only the drivers door, all this with the fob. And been a couple of hours now and no blinking lights. So I guess when I had the unit out checking for moisture, I might have loosen something? If any one has any suggestions on my next course of action, I would greatly appreciate it. I found (I think) the two door sensors, but for the life of me, I couldn't find one for the trunk or the hood. So unless some one here in Florida is willing to help me out, next stop is a dealership. I'm willing to travel any where in the state or you welcome to come here. And I'm willing to pay you for your time and help.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Unhappy Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So the system works fine if it operated from inside but trips the alarm system if operated by the fob.
Could there be a problem with the fob? Dropped in water or something?
What circuit used is different when using the fob? What changes the RF signal into an electrical one? The answer may lie there somewhere.
The CLP/SSM (air pump) makes the lights blink I feel sure of that.
180, I'm beginning to think that it could be a sensor, in one of doors. As stated earlier and check my new post. I tried locking it with the key, same results,

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!