Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Power Window stopped working

Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window stopped working

This is annoying! My drivers side power window is stuck closed. It wont move at all.

There is power getting to the door as you can here a faint clicking noise when you press the window switch up, But nothing on down. So i don think its the fuse or switch.

The cars just out of warranty (of course), and i would look at it myself but wary of the airbag, even if i disconnect the battery, what would that affect in the rest of the car when i reconnect??

Even if i get the door panel off will i be able to see the mechanism and/or motor and switch inside the door.

Really dont want to take it to a dealer as they are so expensive in the UK.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Power Window stopped working

The only affects of disconnecting the battery is your audio settings on the stereo will need resetting, and the clock will need resetting. The airbags will be OK. Search the forum, there's pics of doors with the inner trim panel removed. You'll be able to 90% of what you want to see - however, the remaining 10% which you can't see is the bit that's gone wrong!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the advice ive found all the instructions for the door panel removal now.

Ill get the panel off and have a look.

Would anyone know why its stopped moving. There is a noise coming from the door and ive just noticed if you keep pressing the up switch it eventually stopps making the clicking noise. Then if you leave it for 30 secs it does it again.

The window just does not move at all.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bother removing the door panel yet.

Do the test detailed on page 8N-111 of the Crossfire Service Manual.

This involves measuring the resistance of various components at the BCM, which is much easier to get to.

The time delay you notice is due to the internal power switching on the BCM, which has its own switching logic. Stop messing with it too much. If the motor rotor is shorted against the stator or motor body then you're probably pulling mucho amperage up to the limit of the solid-state switch (could be an H-bridge or maybe not).

Last edited by sonoronos; 07-11-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 AM

Thanks for the advice about the manual, ive had a look through and almost sure its the motor.

To be sure i want to complete the tests, but where us the Dody contro Module located and also where is the power window motor harness connector.

I can do the tests no problem but where do i start looking for the connectors. In particular its the 8n-114 part 2 i want to check, as ive already checked the switch.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BCM is shown on 8E-71, in the engine bay next to the battery. Very easy to get to.,

Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 AM

Thanks for your help. I will go and take a look.

I have ruled out the switches as i swapped them over and its working fine on the other window and the power getting to both connectors is the same, so i am pretty sure its the window motor. which is ever so conveniently riveted to the door, great thats really helpful!!

Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 AM

I had the same problem with my 05 roadster. Passenger window down but not up. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Strange problem. The problem seemed to occur on humid/foggy days then would magically correct itself. I replaced the switch myself but that didn't work. Switched them and that didn't work either. Took it to the dealer. Window motor replaced as they said it was blown. Window still didn't work. Then they said the problem was the BCM. 1000 dollars later, it's fixed. At least I can put the top down now. Had to take it back cuz the wing wouldn't work. They had to program the BCM to recognize the Wing. Gotta take it back again as there is a rattle in the door near the speaker. I really love my car and I hope the problems I've had recently aren't a sign of things to come.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Jamiel, thanks . Power window wiring diagram .
My power window ( RHS ) drivers window goes down , not up . It is not the actuator , and the wiring loom in the door is Ok. Swapping the switches RHS/LHS doesn't fix the issue so its not the switches
I am in Adelaide , Australia , and there is probably only about 6 Crossfires in the whole of South Australia .Consequently no one here knows how to deal with a Crossfire , not even our Jeep dealers .
I took the car to an auto electrician. On the basis of lack of any mechanics who work on these cars , he asked me if I could supply a wiring diagram . My hunch is that this may be a BCM issue . Couple of months ago , my Skeem died . So I managed to locate , from a donor car a Skreem, BCM , Ignition key and Power Train Control Module .

These are very attractive cars , but wow , you wouldn't want to rely on them as your only vehicle . I will post what the solution was when it occurs .