Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Luggage

Old 06-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Luggage

:P Today I received one piece of the luggage Chrysler is sending to all Crossfire owners. They call it Crossfire Touring Gear.

The piece I received today was the Crossfire Wheeled Carry-on.

The unigue thing about this carry on, the wheels are designed to look just like the wheels on the Crossfire.

Neat, very neat!!!!!

Old 06-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Default Add'l Crossfire Luggage

When I opened the Wheeled Carry-on, to my surprise, I found the other two pieces of the Croosfire Luggage.

One is called Crossfire Duffel and the other the Crossfire Satchel.

All are delivered at the same time, don't be like me, open the Wheeled Carry on and inside you will find the other pieces.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:02 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Quick questions: Are the pieces of luggage personalized with your name? I heard this rumor somewhere, but I'm thinking its not true. Other than that, how is the quality of the pieces of luggage?

Old 06-30-2003, 06:39 PM

No, the luggage is not personalized with your name. They do have an ID# in the luggage, if it is ever lost, the person who finds it, can call a specified telephone number, and through the ID find out who it belongs too.

The quality is exceptional, First class all the way.

Old 06-30-2003, 08:03 PM

I'll concur with Prowler- it's really first class. Got mine today (three weeks from the day I picked up the car) which is faster than I expected. Now I've got to figure out how to get another set. One to use & 1 to keep for when I sell the car 20 years from now. Nice touch, Chrysler.

Old 07-12-2003, 03:09 AM
Forum Regular

My luggage arrived today via FedEx. 12 days after I got my car.

Now if I can only get my car back

Old 07-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Forum Regular

Oh man, I just unpacked the luggage, it looks great!

Old 07-21-2003, 11:12 AM

Got my luggage on Friday..about 10 days after I picked up the car..

Old 07-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular

I hope mine will be here this week...I'll post pics.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Forum Regular

There is actually a plate inside the luggage that is etched with a Chrysler phone number and an ID for anybody finding the bags who choose to return it.

I wonder who would return it if they found it

Old 07-25-2003, 08:15 AM

We recieved our luggage about 14 days after getting our Crossfire (4th of July). I have yet to use it but I agree, the three bags are made very well but I also don't know who would return it if lost.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Forum Regular
Default Luggage Pics

MINE CAME TODAY--PICTURES are in my Album

Review:

The large piece is nice, however the "center rod handle" takes half of the interior space--silly. It comes with a suit carrier built in, but not sure if even a kids suit would fit. (Just comments--not criticism).

The other two pieces are smaller day trip bags, but lots of little compartments! One is a golf bag, with spots for your gold shoes on either side--nice!

The serial number inside is neat idea (see pics).

All in all nice thought and set for "free".

Old 07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Nice pictures texex,
At least having the serial number in there gives people SOME hope of getting their luggage returned. Say you accidentally left a piece of luggage in the lobby of a hotel when you were loading up your car. In that case the hotel would be able to return the luggage to you. And at least it gives the few people (sadly) who might return the luggage a chance to do so.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:14 AM

We picked up our new Crossfire on Saturday 8/2 and the luggage arrived today 8/7. Nice service.
The 3 pieces appear to be very good quality. Looking forward to using them, soon.

Old 08-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Forum Regular

Darn--5 days!! That's the fastest anyone has recieved their luggage. You must live next door to the plant. :lol:

I've used the luggage several times, and it's very nice. Enjoy!

Old 08-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Default Luggage

My wife and I used one of the bags for a weekend trip. It held more than I thought it would. Very good quality.

Old 08-29-2003, 04:28 PM
kusheen
Default luggage

Arrived today, 2 weeks to the day after picking up the car. Like everyone else has observed, it's very nice. The little chrome wheels with the treaded 'tires' are a bit much (gives it a Hot Wheels look), but this is a nice piece of icing on the cake. Also go my service contract for loaner vehicle for 3/36 in the mail today.

I didn't really look at the samples in the dealership as the luggage wasn't going to be the decision maker for me.

I know folks have dumped on Chrysler re this car, especially not being responsive to the dim radio readout. I have to say, though, all in all the dealership and Chrysler have treated me like I'm buying an expensive car. Can't say that for the Nissan dealer when I bought my pickup or Pathfinder (which didn't cost a whole lot less than the Xfire), and since putting my deposit on an Elise I haven't heard a peep out of the Lotus dealer.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular

I never received ANYTHING from DCX on the service loaner car program. Do you need something to get a free loaner car? Bought my car several months ago.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:38 PM
kusheen
Default service contract

texex, et al.

I got a letter in the mail today f rom Service Contracts, which is a subsidiary of DC. There are things you must do to get a loaner. First, it is a loaner allowance of $30 per day, to a max of 5 days for one service incident. There are steps you need to go through each time to access the service, and there are some restrictions (all reasonable). I have actually been assigned a service contract number that I am to provide every time I need the loaner. I sure my dealer will hand me the keys to a clapped out Neon and put in for the $30 from DC.

Now, your dealer may simply give you a loaner anyway without going through the whole deal.

My letter was signed by Ann Tomlanovich, Director of DaimlerChrysler Service Contracts. 1 800 521 9922 in USA. 8:30 am to Noon and 1 to 5 pm eastern time.

Give a call, I'm sure they'll hook you up.

TLB

Old 08-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

You should not need to do anything to get the loaner vehicle.

There are restrictions as Kusheen has indicated but the Premium Service Plan is standard for all Pacifica's and Crossfire's, not an option, so dealers don't have to distinguish between haves and have nots as long as you own those two vehicles.

My dealer always gives me a loaner if I ask for it, and fortunately, not a clapped out Neon either, I usually get a demo car or one driven by my sales associate for the day. For overnight deals, they'll just call Enterprise and take care of it.

Quick Reply: Crossfire Luggage