Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Owners Manual

Old 07-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners Manual

Has anyone who purchased the Crossfire received the Owners Manual with it? I picked mine up on Thursday, but the dealer did not have a manual. Said that they should be available shortly and sent me on my way.

Thanks
John

Old 07-08-2003, 06:55 PM

:x Your Manual should have come with the car, mine did, was in car when I picked it up. Check with the dealer again, he may have taken it out. If so, contact Chrysler, I'm sure they would not appreciate the dealer playing silly games.

Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Forum Regular

My manual came with the car in a folder. Has the manual and a quick-reference guide together with a bunch of other information like change of address postcards, tire information, etc.

Old 07-11-2003, 11:55 AM

The dealer still has not gotten me an owners manual, but I did order one from Chrysler on Thursday, so I should have it next week.

One question, if someone could help me out, because it is driving me crazy. How do I set the clock? Mine is off by 35 minutes.

Thanks
John

Old 07-11-2003, 12:01 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by johnb0529
The dealer still has not gotten me an owners manual, but I did order one from Chrysler on Thursday, so I should have it next week.

One question, if someone could help me out, because it is driving me crazy. How do I set the clock? Mine is off by 35 minutes.

Thanks
John
Did you PAY for it? If so have your dealer reimburse you or get you a set of the service manuals. I've never heard of a car not coming with manuals. Maybe check out EBay for some Crossfire Manuals and see what you can find... maybe someone from the dealer took them to sell or something. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default I found your manual!

I found your manual - Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2422424501

Old 07-11-2003, 12:12 PM

Yes, I ended up paying for it. Chrysler would not just send one out, even after I gave them my VIN number. The dealer is supposed to be getting me one, but its been a week and no word yet. I am stoping by tonight to have a little chat with them.

Chrysler is a better deal then the eBay one to $15 vs $18.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:14 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by johnb0529
Yes, I ended up paying for it. Chrysler would not just send one out, even after I gave them my VIN number. The dealer is supposed to be getting me one, but its been a week and no word yet. I am stoping by tonight to have a little chat with them.

Chrysler is a better deal then the eBay one to $15 vs $18.
I'm sure the Chrysler one is a better deal, I was just saying I expect your "lost" owner manual to show up on EBay at some point.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Forum Regular

This is how to set the clock and some "useful" things I can remember from the manual.

There is a stick to the left of the clock.

PULL the stick,
TURN to the LEFT (anti-clockwise) to set HOURS
TURN to the RIGHT (clockwise) to set MINS

Recommended break-in period for the vehicle in the manual is 1,000 miles, it says avoid excessive engine and road speed.

91 Octane fuel and better required.

Synthetic motor oil ONLY, recommended is Pentosin or Mobil 1.

There is an engine interlock, if you turn the engine off, but go only into the ACC position, you will not be able to restart the car, go into OFF position first then restart.

Stick to the right of the Temperature reading is used to reset the TRIP ODO. Press and hold to reset TRIP.

Press twice quickly when key is in ON position to show FSS (Flexible Service System) information on how many miles/days before your next recommended service. FSS analyses your driving conditions and sets the required service interval automatically.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:54 PM

Thanks - I tried pushing the stick, but didn't pull it!

Thanks for the other info...I am looking forward to getting an actual manual and being able to read about this.

Thanks Again!

Old 07-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular

Mouse Rider:

Great info. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow and having to drive it back 6 hours. What is the max speed they suggest on breal in? Also, do you think it's ok (as long as I vary my speed) to drive it off the lot and take it for a 6 hour drive?

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2003, 01:12 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by texex91
Mouse Rider:

Great info. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow and having to drive it back 6 hours. What is the max speed they suggest on breal in? Also, do you think it's ok (as long as I vary my speed) to drive it off the lot and take it for a 6 hour drive?

Thanks!
Call 1-800-CHRYSLER. I called asking where to find a manual Crossfire, and before I hung up, the guy gave me VERY specific break-in suggestions. I don't remember them off-hand, but it was something like don't go past 50 for 300 miles, don't go past 55 for 500 and so on. Those aren't the numbers, but I'm sure if you call that number they can give you the specifics.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular

I don't remember the manual going into that detail though I might be wrong, I don't have it in front of me right now.

It doesn't sound unreasonable, though can get frustrating for 1,000 miles

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Call 1-800-CHRYSLER. I called asking where to find a manual Crossfire, and before I hung up, the guy gave me VERY specific break-in suggestions. I don't remember them off-hand, but it was something like don't go past 50 for 300 miles, don't go past 55 for 500 and so on. Those aren't the numbers, but I'm sure if you call that number they can give you the specifics.