Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Pulled Over!

Old 07-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled Over!

OK, so took the Crossfire out for a spin today and combined it with some business that needed to be done.

Drove my partner around and we decided to go check out the new VW Toureg at his VW dealer where he was having his car in for a routine service.

I figured, since Andrew Dyson designed both cars, I'd take him there in my Crossfire and let the "cousins" hang out.

I get off the highway and get onto a local junction, light was green and I had a green arrow for my left turn. On the cross traffic, which had the red, a police car was up front and I noticed he had his overhead lamps on but he was stopped and without a siren.

I waited for a couple of seconds even though I had a green to see if he wanted to pass, but he stayed stationary, so I made my left.

The dealer was a left turn halfway up that block so after the left I slowed and got ready to turn left. At the point, I noticed the police car turn on the rest of his blinking lights, still no siren and he shot the red light and started approaching me and stopped beside me.

I just went, ****, come on, I let you go and you didn't man.

I turned over to make eye contact...

Thumbs up from him, all smiles and he mouthed, "nice car" and stayed there and gave the car a couple of once overs!!

I smiled back, gave him a casual wave and salute, gave him as much time as he needed and completed my turn after he pulled away.

Man, this car rocks!

Old 07-20-2003, 03:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The time is April 1964..early on a Monday morning. The vehicle is a brand new black Mustang convertible. I was on my way to work, when a red light appeared behind me. Upon pulling over, I found that the officer was only interested in looking over the first Mustang he had ever seen.
Its true that history repeats.