Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler is annoying...

Old 08-08-2003, 05:56 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Chrysler is annoying...

I am getting really frustrated and annoyed with Chrysler. They have a policy of leaving dealers and customers in the dark. I want to buy a Crossfire from my dealer. They are the only dealer I have found in my area selling at MSRP, with an available slot. I have only found a few others selling at MSRP, and their cars are already spoken for. The dealer I want to buy from has been doing a great job, and has excellent customer service, so that is another reason for buying from them.

Chrysler refuses to give them any information about when they might even be allocated their next Crossfire. Their previous Crossfire was allocated, and it took them a MONTH to get it from the port... it wasn't on a boat... it was sitting there for an entire month before the dealer got it. The dealership is probably 2 hours from the port at most. Crossfires have been in production since January... I refuse to believe that there is a shortage of Crossfires. There are probably hundreds of Crossfires sitting at port right now. There is no reason why Chrysler can't at least let us know when my car will be allocated.

My parents just leased a Lexus RX330 a few months ago... RIGHT when it came out. The dealer called someone up, got a VIN number, told us that the car was being loaded on the boat that week, and he gave us an exact date of delivery. I don't understand why Chrysler can't even attempt to do something similar.

My current Chrysler is coming off lease within the month. I had extended the lease a year, just so I could get a Crossfire. I can't be without a car once the time comes... I've been calling other dealers for any manual Crossfire in any color but red or white, and can't even find one. This is ridiculous. There isn't even somewhere I can call and complain to. You call up Chrysler, and they say it is the dealer's problem/responsibility Thats obviously not the case, as they have no information either, and if they did, they would give it to us.

I'm really disappointed.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel, got lucky on the Crossfire, but had a real hassel when I purchased my Pt Cruser a couple of years ago. Same problem. Every time I get a letter asking my opinion or have the opportunity I complain to Chrysler about their distribution system. Cars are allocated based on last years sales. As far as I know if your dealer doesn't have a car allocated this year - now he, according to my dealer, won't get one.
Crysler sent me a brochure on the Chrysler last year. I tired to get info from Chrysler on the Crossfire, estimated price, production date, etc. All they ever said was contact "my Dealer." I wrote the the project Manager, did get a "personal letter" from him, but he said -Contact My Dealer, no help. Chrysler says contact the Dealer, Dealer doesn't know anthing. Real frustrating. :evil: :evil:

Old 08-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

might:

Problem solved: Ebay.

Okay, seriously I cannot believe that Chrysler cannot track their cars--come on. In respect to the Lexus 330, they are massed produced and Lexus is a little more on the ball than DCX, and therefore one can track one down no problem. DCX is missing the boat on this--but with such limited production I don't think they care--they are selling everyone, so maybe they hope you buy a Pacifica instead.

Regarding your lease, turn it back in and rent a car until you can get a Crossfire. Now keep in mind your dealer might "be great", but don't kid yourself that he might be playing you also. I cannot believe (I could certainly be wrong) that there is not a dealer within 300 miles of NJ that cannot get one for you. Also if your dealer is so great he should be able to get one for you--they are going for MSRP and dealers have started to trade each other in order to get color preference. You might have to go with another color choice (not ideal I realize, but only 8K coming to the US this year could cause a problem.)

I would hit the phone and find another dealer--your local dealer will still service it. Heck I bought mine site unseen 6 hours away.

Old 08-08-2003, 08:28 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I think there are different types of allocation. They know they are geting 2 Crossfires this year. They got the "allocation" (I guess you could call it order) and the car came in a month later. They still havent gotten the allocation/order for the next Crossfire yet. I have been calling dealers... it seems to be very hard to find any 6 speed Crossfires. The previous one my dealer sold was a 6 speed, and they put in an order for mine asking for a 6 speed. A month ago I saw a 6 speed at a dealer, but it was in white, and they wanted 5k over. I have a list of all of the dealers in NJ, and 4-5 of them have my name for when a 6 speed comes in, don't know what they are going to be asking however.

Old 08-09-2003, 12:34 AM

I am havign the same problem with Chrysler and my dealer. The dealer has no idea where the car is. The car was on the Doc on July 2 and it still isn't here in Seattle! We should let the magazine editors know of Chrylser's poor delivery

Old 08-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Old 08-09-2003, 09:21 AM

I think they know exactly where their cars are, they just aren't telling. Why I don't know. They probably have a couple of hundred at the port in Jacksonville, Fl and Newark NJ

Old 08-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

Oh, you had better beleive they know where there cars are. They just don't ship millions of dollars in cars from Germany and hope they get where they need to go. However, I remember my dealer telling me since they did not order them, Chrysler is sending them whatever they want and however many they (DCX) wants. So the dealer is probably out of the loop, but DCX knows their stock and exactly where they are at every minute.

Old 08-17-2003, 01:57 AM
Forum Regular

My dealer in Northern NJ just got in a Black and a Ruby. I'm not sure if they are manual or autostick.

PM me if you want a contact to call.