Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Light controls and alarm

Old 09-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light controls and alarm

Can anyone answer why there are switch settings on the light controls that allow you to turn on the right or left side of the lights on separately. It seems kind of silly but maybe there is a purpose that I am unaware of.

Also, I know that this car has a panic alarm and a tow away alarm BUT does it have a normal alarm system that sounds upon a break-in? The manual says nothing about it. I noted a post on another one of the forums that said that someone locked the car with the windows down and then reached in and manually unlocked the door (this would normally set off a car alarm). No alarm sounded though. In my Grand Cherokee the alarm only engages after 15-20 seconds. I wonder if this is the case with the Crossfire (I am not at home to try mine). Has anyone experimented with the alarm system? :?:

Old 09-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Default Curb parking...

A carryover feature found on all Mercedes that allow only front and rear running lights to be illuminated when parking on the side of the road. Especially helpful if your vehicle might be partially obstructing traffic. You can illuminate the left or right side, depending on which side is vulnerable. With just the front and rear left or right running lights illuminated allows leaving them on overnight without significant battery drain. Americans tend to use the safety flashers for the same purpose with risk of running down the battery over extended periods.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Default Rear Fog Light?

Not yet owning a Crossfire, I'm wondering about a left rear fog light...also found on every Mercedes. When activated, the left rear brake light is illuminated with your foot off the brake. Great for cars behind you to see you in heavy fog. I haven't seen it discussed and don't remember it from my test drive. Has anyone found this feature yet?

Old 09-12-2003, 02:54 PM

The "parking light" is required in Europe.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

No rear fogs on the US Crossfires.

We don't get much serious fog at all here in N. NJ and I really hate it when people turn on their rear fog lights in clear conditions, it is simply blinding.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:53 PM

Can anyone comment on the alarm system?

Old 09-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Forum Regular

The alarm system?

Very LOUD! I triggered it once to just figure out how it sounded like and man, it was loud and certainly more attention grabbing (read: annoying) than the other Chrysler alarms which are just beeping horns.

I haven't tried it for sensitivity and intrusion yet.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Default Alarm System

I was wondering as well so I went out to try it. I put the windows down, locked the car with the key fob. I then opened the drivers door from the inside. The alarm sounded immediatly. It is like no other alarm I have heard. Very LOUD and a very high pitched warble. I have not tryed to jack up the car to see if it sets off the alarm.

Old 09-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Default Rear fog light

Added a picture of the European left rear light to my gallery so you get an impression on what the rear fog light looks like.

I actually don't like it because it ruins the symmetrical appearance of the Crossfire's back.

Buggy