Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

anthracite on DC Beltway today...

Old 09-13-2003, 09:12 PM
kusheen
Default anthracite on DC Beltway today...

Anybody on this board the owner of an Anthracite Crossfire that was on the west side of the DC Beltway this morning (Saturday, 9/13), around 9:30 or so am?

Saw your car, very nice indeed. I've always been INSIDE one on the road, never got to trail one before and look one over at speed. Saw the car pull onto the Beltway from an entrance ramp, and watched the spoiler deploy as it pulled up to speed.

Fun to watch. You've got a very nice car. Good for you for taking it out on a rainy, nasty morning. I wimped out and left mine home in the garage and drove my Nissan pickup instead.

If the dealer had had an anthracite 6 speed when I bought mine, I don't know that I wouldn't have gone with that color instead of my black.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do not make a Crossfire in antracite??? They do not make such a color--you mean alabaster (white)?

Check the DCX website for color naming convention. Ok today you like the car--that's good to see.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:47 AM
kusheen
Default oh for chrissakes

I'm talking about a color. A generic color...a type of dark gray, ok? And they DO make one in that color, ya know? Regardless of what you and Chrysler choose to call it, it is accurate to call it anthracite as a color. I'm not hung up on factory color codes or designations or the factory's fancy name...I'm talking about a color. Ya know, the ones I learned in elementary school, not the ones I learned looking at paint chips in an auto manufacturer's sales brochure or reading some obscure specification sheet.

About alabastor...you and Chrysler can call it anything you want, I'll call it white. It's descriptive, accurate, and using fewer syllables is more efficient. And it's white. And the color of the car I saw on the Beltway was anthracite.

I've ALWAYS liked the car. I don't LOVE the car. I LOVE my family, I LIKE my car. My payment book, my perrogative.

Give it a rest, for godsakes.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The color is graphite!!! Just a question...you call Alabaster plain old white but you call dark gray Anthracite?????? Just bustin your *****!

Old 09-14-2003, 11:28 AM

Wo, some people are antaganistic aren't they. Mines is "white, oh I mean Alabaster. Actually I keep looking for the "Alabaster on the web site and :shock: couldn't find it. After severl views I realized Alabaster = White. My Pt Crusier is kind of cream but they call it white - Go figure. I like white though. SSB loooks like gray to me. Mediaum gray, dark gray, red, black, and white works for me. The crossfire is cool in any color no matter what you call it.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:47 AM

:shock: kusheen,, Man you still have an attitude,
knowing you live somewhere around "THE" beltway explains everything!!!! :evil: :twisted: :idea:

Old 09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Default Kusheen - reply

Kusheen. I was on the beltway with mine on Friday...but not Saturday. It could have been me that you saw . I was on the beltway between 66 West and Carderock, MD between 10:15am and 12 Noon and then again on the outerloop (heading back to 66) between 2:30pm and 3:00pm.

Like your posts, they're interesting and informative.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Default Come on guys! Grow up.

In the beginning I really liked this forum. I thought it was good for people to ask/answer questions and express their feelings. Why does it have to come down to bashing of people (Kusheen especially) whenever they post something that isn't "inline" with some people's beliefs? So he used a different name for a color...big deal. Does it really call for criticizing him.
We all have the Crossfire and just because he doesn't Like it as much as me, Texex or some others doesn't mean that you should lash out at him.

If people keep acting this way there will be FORUM of 5 people exchanging ideas instead of what it should be.

Okay now open the gates of criticism ...I'm ready!

Old 09-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Forum Regular

:twisted: :evil:
kusheen has been critical from the beginning, and I will bust his ***** because he busts everyone elses. I've pretty much given up on this forum because of :evil: KUSHEEN :twisted: . I hardly post anymore, because it has become a negative forum due to kusheen's comments (Xfire won't have parts down the road, it's just a fad, poor HP, Lotus is better, etc...)--go read all of his threads. I joined this forum because I wanted a positive experience, and with more posts than anyone I think I've given my fair shake. I'm sick of kusheen and his neg posts/opinions on the car. THAT is why I will not post anymore. Sorry that he took it down this road, and for all of the people that DON't bash the Crossfire, best of luck --it's a great car.

For KUSHPUSH, I have a few thoughts of what you can push and where.
:twisted: Take your beltway attitude and stick it where the sun does not shine :twisted:

Old 09-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Tex I waited until that krooner punk was gone until I posted again!When Kusheen's attitude changes come back!!

Old 09-14-2003, 01:17 PM

His last post was just asking who owned the Crossfire and he stated his version of the color, which is technically correct although not what Chrysler calls it (shame on him, he should be strung by his nails).

Old 09-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular

Well, Rwright2, there is some history between Texex and Kusheen and if you read the older posts like "Kits for the Xfire?" https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...opic.php?t=185.

Kusheen presents himself as a collector with a '69 Lotus Europa S2 and an '84 Turbo Esprit but he did start his entry into this forum sounding like he made a mistake buying the Crossfire, almost because he just didn't do enough research on the car before buying it.

In a fashion, this is a Crossfire forum meant to get Crossfire owners together, do some problem solving, give some insight to new buyers considering the car but when someone comes in seemingly to knock the car and then also seem to swing back and forth from liking the car to finding a full set of reasons why not to buy the car but then he wants to do this so that Chryslers can sell more cars, it does get a little confusing.

Kusheen is hard to peg and hard to see where he is coming from. He obviously doesn't seem to be a collector, he buys nice cars but he buys them to drive them, which is fine, but not so other people can stare at them, which is also fine.

Problems start occuring when he seems to knock on all other types of people here but not by saying he disagrees with their behavior, mind you, just that he is perplexed. People who are collectors who like to modify their cars, people who like to attract turning heads and people who baby their toy car seem to be all clearly receiving his "curiosity" and his blend of mild critism.

I've just been reading and letting things slide because, in all fairness, I've seen worse from others and Kusheen does make some good points and does have an open mind.

This is a forum, and I'm a strong proponent of the freedom of expression, but this is also a forum of fans of a particular car and some members just feel it is not the place for a critic that keeps at it and trying to bring doses of good and bad-research reality into a fan site.

Off the soap box.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:31 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Mouserider,
Well said. When I set up this forum, I wanted it to become a place where people could come and share information on the Crossfire, in a friendly atmosphere. Already, 3 members have complained and threatened to leave, or have already left this forum. This is a forum, and people will disagree, but I don't understand the hostility that exists between some members of the forum. I try to stay out of the more controversial topics on this forum, and try to moderate things as little as possible... I believe if people have a problem they can work it out on their own. I would hate to have to go here and do some censoring, because that is the complete opposite of what this forum is about.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to PM me. I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks I should do to make this a better place, and the place I meant it to be. Thanks a lot.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular

If it wasn't for the 10 to 15 people who post out of the 760 people registered it would be pretty dead on here!! There will be arguments from time to time but the on going negativity is not needed.There's the other cars section for talking about Lotus.People like krooner and kusheen tend to fade away because who wants to hear negativity 24/7.I don't want to hear about Vw's and lotus.I have owned many classic and new corvettes.I dont compare them to the xfire and bash the car.

Old 09-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

perhaps we could have a dual at dawn? pistols maybe that could be kinda fun?

lol

Old 09-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Lets forget you said that!! Your safe your on the other side of the pond!Cheers! :lol:

Old 09-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Forum Regular

too far to swim...lol

Old 09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
kusheen
Default my, my...

Ouch...methinks I struck a nerve.

Not that any of you have the time or inclination, but I do encourage to follow texexlax's suggestion to go back and reread all my posts, ...if you do so with an open mind you will see I've been as complimentary towards the car as I've been critical. Most of my criticism's haven't even been towards the car (but indeed a few have been), but to Chrysler for doing a poor job of marketing the thing. To that point, one other poster actually mentioned that I'm hard to pin down on my opinion of the car.

In other words, I've been pragmatic. I don't have the 'Johnson' for the car that texexlax does. But that's okay. Just like me, he's paid the price of admission and can enjoy his car anyway he wants. I just don't want to spend a weekend Zainoing the rotors on my brakes, then taking a picture of my reflection in them to post on my web site. But if that's what fills his tank, God Bless him.

There are some things about the car I like alot, there are some things about it that I don't care much for, and there are a lot of things about the way Chrysler appears to be marketing this car that concern me. That's what I've been focusing on.

If you DO go back and look at the posts (but please, do yourself a favor and don't, you REALLY have better things to do with your time...) you would see that my 'criticism' was always directed at either the car or Chrysler, but it was NOT personal. That began to change when Texexlax made it personal in a post when he decided it was his responsibility to put me in my place for 'ragging' on the car. Well, pigs will fly before someone like texexlax puts me in my place, but that was what he tried to do. He chose to take the discussion away from an inanimate object (until you floor it on the exit ramp) and make it personal. Obviously, once the line was crossed by yet another misguided Texan, being an alpha male I was up to the challenge...admittedly to the detriment of the board.

He says I've always been negative 24/7. He needs to reread my posts. He has selective amnesia. Mmmmm...didn't I send out a call to Xfire owners in the Mid atlantic area to go to a car show in Ocean City Maryland next month? Do you think I enquired about a DC area car owner so that I could directly 'attack' him (or her), or perhaps maybe to connect with a fellow Xfire owner?

About talking about Loti or other cars. Look, there's only so much to talk about when you talk about this or any other car in a vacuum. Ok, we now all know Zaino is the best. We know the tires wear out at 10K. We know how to fix the rattle in the rear hatch. We all agree we wish the display on the radio was brighter.

I want to think of the Xfire as a sports car. Can we talk about it as a sports car? Nobody wants to seem to talk about it as a machine to be thrashed, driven hard, and generally had fun with. Do any of you guys have fun with your cars besides checking out people who are checking it out?

The term 'sports' implies competition, competition leads to racing and bench racing. With cars, it also leads to the inevitable comparisons with other cars and it's competition. If we talk only about the 'poser' side of the car, well, texexlax you'll be more than happy to know that I will indeed 'fade away' as crossfiretech suggests. Now, in a way I'm sorry if this sarcasm is p*ssing people off. By day I'm a mild mannered banker who coaches my kid's soccer team, and who runs a martial arts school in the evenings, which my wife says I'm getting WAY to old to do, and who for free teaches self defense to women's groups. But what the heck, somebody else took the gloves off first...

Frankly, except for this last check-in to see what fury I hath wrought, I pretty much have stopped looking in here.

That said, the faulty drive-train thread is troublesome. But, good to see that some of you have continued the practice of eviscerating anyone who might bring up the slightest "the emperor has no clothes" observation. God forbid we look at this car as an object with pluses and minuses...let's put it up on the alter where it belongs. The poor slob who raised this question sure got his come-uppance. Well done!

Personally, I choose to take my car to Summit Point. It's going to get some serious stone chips when I spin it on turn 10 or in the carousel. I'm going to wash it three or four times a year, tops. Vacuum it even fewer times. Under the hood and in the drivetrain, though, it will be treated like a Swiss watch. That's just me, that's the buzz I get from owning a sports car. I won't change. I don't really diss you guys that want to enjoy it for it's 'wow' factor, I just don't understand it.

For that reason, I bid you adieu.

That said, open invitation to Mid-Atlantic Xfire owners to stay in touch...tlbrace2002@yahoo.com

If we get enough...maybe we can start a club. As long as we do some track days at Summit Point. Let's keep cruisin' nights at the Tastee Freeze to a minimum.

Have an Amazing Day!

Old 09-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular

Adios...

Old 09-18-2003, 09:09 PM

Everyone has the right the to their opinion about everything.This is about the Xfire and people are going to have different opinions about it,thats their right.All the bashing is not needed and in most cases not called for.we all know who has the negative comments and the best way to cut down on the s--- is to just skip their post and read the next one.Maybe we should ask the admin to install a ignore button.Their is alot of good information going around here on this site,lets not let a few ruin it for the rest of use. nuff said

Quick Reply: anthracite on DC Beltway today...