Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dude, pull over, we want to talk to you!

Old 09-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dude, pull over, we want to talk to you!

Hehehe, picked up my 2004 SSB Crossfire 5SA on Friday and the subject of this topic is one of the comments I've dealt with this past weekend. I've been cruising PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) here in California between Huntington Beach and Newport Beach. What an experience!

This has got to be the most erotic driving experience. I was immediately attracted to the car by looks alone, performance was second on my list. Little did I know that the performance is not that bad. This is a very strong 215 hp. I've had various fine autos over the years and all have been unique in nature. Here's a partial list...

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo (tweaked to 340 hp)
I won the 1994 Battle of the Imports here in California with that beast!
License Plate: OVERBST (Overboost. We were pulling almost 20 pounds of boost)

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo (I'm in sales)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe (Saffron)
Produced 1 year only (1000 models). Only 20 were in Saffron. A really nice ride and a head turner like the Crossfire.

1999 Chrysler 300M (Ex-wifes car)

2001 Audi TT Quattro
Another unique color, Aviator Gray. Reminds me of Haze Gray and Underway during my Navy days. I'm over the Audi, it goes back next week.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire SSB
Hehehe, I picked up the SSB reading here before posting. The blue is somewhat confusing to some as the car appears more silver with a slight hint of blue. And on top of that, the color of the car on Chrysler's website is nowhere near the real life experience!

If one could ever love a car, this is it! Mind you, it does have some very minor flaws, but I've not experienced anything like it! I may find myself upgrading sometime in the future but, right now, the automobile has everything an enthusiast would want. I believe one of the articles I read said it was 50hp short of perfection! I may just have to find out.

P.S. One of the minor flaws that I found somewhat dissappointing was the fake vents that sit on the front left and right fenders pretending to be actual ventilation for the engine compartment.

I miss my euro style turn signals (left and right side flashers). I think I'll be searching for those shortly. I want people to see me changing lanes when they are out of my turn signal view. The euro markers are a big plus when driving freeways here in California.

I do appreciate that Chrysler added a nice little touch to the trunk hood. There is a handle inside to pull the hood closed. I hate putting fingerprints on a car and will typically locate an area where I can use my index finger to close a hood or door. Fingerprints look really bad at night, especially on a vehicle like this (I'm ****).

Old 09-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Default European side turn signals

Added a picture of the European side turn signal to my gallery so you can get an impression on what it looks like.

It sticks out a bit more than the US side marker light.

Buggy

Old 09-18-2003, 09:58 PM

Thanks Buggy, I didn't even consider utilizing the existing running lights for the side markers. I'm used to seeing them behind the front wheel well, not in front. This is cool, I won't need to drill or cut into the body. Now to find out what options are available to me. Can we reconfigure the electrical so the existing running lights function as side markers? Or, do I need to replace those entirely with new running light fixtures like those on your SSB?

Old 09-19-2003, 04:40 AM

Although I put the picture in my personal Gallery it's not my car. I took these pictures at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt (Germany) at the Chrysler booth.

The official release date for the Crossfire in Germany is Oct. 11 and until then I will probably not be able to find out any technical details or part numbers.

Buggy