Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

$703 Stimulus Rock

Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $703 Stimulus Rock

Walked out to my car after work to find a quarter size dent with two paint chips because some malcontent appairently cant stand to see anyone own something nice. I park an additional 50 feet away in an empty area and take 2 spots. $250 deductable for $703 in repairs. Way to stimulate the autobody buisness. The shop is top notch and will have to pull the door apart, blend the paint back into the quarter panel and all sorts of extensive stuff to fix a small dent. Had it not chipped the paint, it would of been an easy $80 paintless dent repair.

My wife calmed me by explaining that God often uses situations we dont like to keep us from a worse experience, I could of been in the wrong place at the wrong time and had a bad accident on the way home instead of what I got. Thats a good way to look at it however, Im still angry that this guy got away with it and is free to do it again if I ever drove it to work again...which I wont. I pride myself on my car and not to brag but it is THE best looking ride in the lot. I get along good with everyone at work so Im thinking its one of the construction workers building an extension to our factory as the car is parked by their equipment etc...even more desire to move back to NH ASAP

Last edited by green-ghost; 07-08-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: $703 Stimulus Rock

I will never understands what motivates people to do such malicious bull!

I put a pox on their entire family

Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Forum Regular

not that I would ever mess with anyone's car but do you think maybe it happened because you took up 2 spaces?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think your wife is right though.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 342 Likes on 302 Posts

I've heard of people doing stuff like that deliberatly when someone takes up two spaces even if it is in the North Fourty. Sad Sad Sad!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Forum Regular

Could one of the construction machines have thrown the rock during work? Just trying to see all sides...I still feel for you no matter how it happened.

I do the same as you and park about a quarter mile from the door in an attempt to keep my baby safe - I think I will die when she gets her first ding

Old 07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never understand what fuels A$$holes to do things like this. I truly will never get it. Sorry to hear about it; best of luck with the repair process.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 PM

G_Ghost,
I think I understand! OK! your wife is right--unless you parked 25 yards away from everyone.
I can't tell you how many times I've parked 70 yards away from other vehicles only to find some "Not SO nice person" right next to me when I come back!
Look for damage and report it!
Or wait for them to visit you!
I hope your repairs go well !

Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Forum Regular

"One of the construction workers"? Are there no construction workers in NH?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:07 AM

I say perhaps a construction worker because even though there are some at work who dislike my wife and I, its not to the point of vandalism. The construction workers only see the car and dont know me. As for my comment about moving, I just came back from a visit from NH seacoast area (home)and theres a VERY noticible difference in the mentality of the people there versus here. Around here there are alot of narrow minded people experiencing hard times and perhaps it fuels their bitterness towards those who appear to be better off.

No chance of machinery doing this as its just a corner of the lot where they have trailers and sheds...the major construction is about 300 feet away. Ive been parking here for almost one year, this area is just to far for most to want to park in due to the walk involved and even at peak hours its never crowded.

Im mad but trying to keep a Christian attitude towards it. Easy to place faith in God...but impossible (for now) to forgive such an act of contempt.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 PM

You are taking this well. I'd be looking for the bad guy. Any chance that your work lot has a security camera?

The farthest double row where I work is taken up by a bunch of guys who take pride in their cars. We always form a checkerboard out of the row. Usually about 10 of us. No one has ever messed with us. Just started doing it one day. Everyone realised what was going on and just followed along. I don't even know who some of them are.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
You are taking this well. I'd be looking for the bad guy. Any chance that your work lot has a security camera?

The farthest double row where I work is taken up by a bunch of guys who take pride in their cars. We always form a checkerboard out of the row. Usually about 10 of us. No one has ever messed with us. Just started doing it one day. Everyone realised what was going on and just followed along. I don't even know who some of them are.
no security cameras...getting it to the shop next week thankfully in time for a big car show in town I like to enter

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by green-ghost
Walked out to my car after work to find a quarter size dent with two paint chips because some malcontent appairently cant stand to see anyone own something nice. I park an additional 50 feet away in an empty area and take 2 spots. $250 deductable for $703 in repairs. Way to stimulate the autobody buisness. The shop is top notch and will have to pull the door apart, blend the paint back into the quarter panel and all sorts of extensive stuff to fix a small dent. Had it not chipped the paint, it would of been an easy $80 paintless dent repair.

My wife calmed me by explaining that God often uses situations we dont like to keep us from a worse experience, I could of been in the wrong place at the wrong time and had a bad accident on the way home instead of what I got. Thats a good way to look at it however, Im still angry that this guy got away with it and is free to do it again if I ever drove it to work again...which I wont. I pride myself on my car and not to brag but it is THE best looking ride in the lot. I get along good with everyone at work so Im thinking its one of the construction workers building an extension to our factory as the car is parked by their equipment etc...even more desire to move back to NH ASAP

`Let He Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone'
Maybe the guy is really a saint who hates Chryslers.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I feel for you, man. I do the same thing -- park as far away from other cars and shopping cart return racks as I can. But I usually return to find the biggest POS in the lot right next to me. I usually don't take up two spaces, but I won't admit to never doing it. When you're 200-300' from other cars and no one ever parks "out there", who cares if you take two or park at an angle. Unfortunately, a$$holes are everywhere, even in the Northeast.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I feel for you, man. I do the same thing -- park as far away from other cars and shopping cart return racks as I can. But I usually return to find the biggest POS in the lot right next to me. I usually don't take up two spaces, but I won't admit to never doing it. When you're 200-300' from other cars and no one ever parks "out there", who cares if you take two or park at an angle. Unfortunately, a$$holes are everywhere, even in the Northeast.

its so true, its like the people who drive pos's seek out nice cars to park beside.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Parking at a great distance, perhaps in an end spot or against a curb or island to distance yourself from the next available spot, is usually sufficient. Doing that and taking two spaces is probably enough to provoke an evil doer. When I was younger and mischievous, I would smirk at such a sight and suggest to myself that I park right next to it, but I wasn't evil enough to actually do it.

As for having a Christian attitude, consider the idea that Jesus never put himself above others, and parking across two spaces could be sending a signal to others that you are. Just a thought.

I'm not saying this to upset you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. The goal is to prevent having your car damaged, so I hope this will help.

Sorry for your experience. Good luck with the repair. I hope it turns out well.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by vipr1ab
Parking at a great distance, perhaps in an end spot or against a curb or island to distance yourself from the next available spot, is usually sufficient. Doing that and taking two spaces is probably enough to provoke an evil doer. When I was younger and mischievous, I would smirk at such a sight and suggest to myself that I park right next to it, but I wasn't evil enough to actually do it.

As for having a Christian attitude, consider the idea that Jesus never put himself above others, and parking across two spaces could be sending a signal to others that you are. Just a thought.

I'm not saying this to upset you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. The goal is to prevent having your car damaged, so I hope this will help.

Sorry for your experience. Good luck with the repair. I hope it turns out well.
No offense taken On the upside...Yesterday I found out last minute about a car show today. I thought what the heck and even with the damage caused by that rock; I entered it. Well long story short, I took FIRST PLACE THROPHY (open class) even beating 2 very pristine corvettes. I was just happy to get in the show cause I missed it last year and never thought Id come out so good. Even amidst the aggrivation of vandalism, God turned something crappy into something good. A real faith builder for me

Old 07-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

No offense taken On the upside...Yesterday I found out last minute about a car show today. I thought what the heck and even with the damage caused by that rock; I entered it. Well long story short, I took FIRST PLACE THROPHY (open class) even beating 2 very pristine corvettes. I was just happy to get in the show cause I missed it last year and never thought Id come out so good. Even amidst the aggrivation of vandalism, God turned something crappy into something good. A real faith builder for me
Thats great, keep them clean and polished and they look wonderful. Win too many trophies though and you will spend more time dusting and polishing them than the car.
Good job you did not enter a spelling bee though.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:10 PM

I thought what the heck and even with the damage caused by that rock; I entered it. Well long story short, I took FIRST PLACE THROPHY (open class) even beating 2 very pristine corvettes.
Good for you! That's a great story!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Walked out to my car after work to find a quarter size dent with two paint chips because some malcontent appairently cant stand to see anyone own something nice. I park an additional 50 feet away in an empty area and take 2 spots. $250 deductable for $703 in repairs.
As unfortunate as it is... parking like this is just asking to get screwed with. Don't make it SUPER obvious like that, and people wouldn't feel the need to screw with it. Pitiful and disgusting that someone would do that deliberately... but unfortunately, it's the world we live in.

Quick Reply: $703 Stimulus Rock