Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

Old 04-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sen

Originally Posted by 2004_
Where can I get it? Amazon?
I showed a link to FCP Euro which gives a lifetime warranty....

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...sor-0031532828

And on Amazon, ignore the "does not fit" at top of page. This one works...

Amazon.com: Bosch 0261210170 Crank Position Sensor: Automotive Amazon.com: Bosch 0261210170 Crank Position Sensor: Automotive

Old 05-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sen

Originally Posted by kenwk1
Just replaced the CPS in my wife’s car. A piece of advice regarding the bolt – get a smallish extending magnet (mine is about 18”) and get the magnet head down next to the bolt area, so when you remove the bolt if (or when) it falls off the socket the magnet is there to catch it.

Also, when reinstalling the bolt use some blue painters tape to secure the bolt to the socket. Put most of the tape on the socket, with just enough overlapping the bolt to secure it. Reinstall, then just pull the socket and the painter’s tape will stick to the socket. A long socket extension is very helpful, as is a universal joint for the socket.
Used the tape, and it worked perfectly! Thanks. I doubled my odds by also tying a piece of string to the E-bolt.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:39 AM

here is a DIY sensor fix...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcmS...U#action=share

Last edited by jhsimmo; 03-29-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: to give more information
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 AM

I have the same problem, I so hope it works. I love my little beauty ...than th to all the new family I have,yall y have given me hope!!💋

Old 07-18-2018, 01:45 AM

Hi i have a 04 chrysler crossfire i have had issues with the car since i bought it i can be driving it will cut off and all the dash lights will come on if i sit for 5 ten minutes it starts back up and im fine it has a new starter alternator and battery i dont lnow where to turn can someone please help

Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by bignick2323
hi i have a 04 chrysler crossfire i have had issues with the car since i bought it i can be driving it will cut off and all the dash lights will come on if i sit for 5 ten minutes it starts back up and im fine it has a new starter alternator and battery i dont lnow where to turn can someone please help
replace the pcm!

Old 07-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bignick2323
Hi i have a 04 chrysler crossfire i have had issues with the car since i bought it i can be driving it will cut off and all the dash lights will come on if i sit for 5 ten minutes it starts back up and im fine it has a new starter alternator and battery i dont lnow where to turn can someone please help
Sounds to me like your RCM needs to be resoldered. I'll see if I can find the link on how to do it.

Here is a YouTube video ...

Here is the link from the forum ... https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-start-13.html

Last edited by RL67037; 07-18-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Thanks to all for the info!

Old 04-21-2022, 05:52 PM

Saved me a ton of research and frustration. Love the tutorial with all of the pictures. WELL DONE!!! Thanks Again!

John

Old 01-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Last Wednesday after returning from a trip my Xfire didn't want to start after not having run for 14 days. It ultimately did and I drove over to the post office. Then, in the post office parking lot, it would not start. Long story short: called nearby shop, called AAA and got frustrated while wading through their call tree, hung up, used code reader to get P0335, tired starting it again and it did. Took car home, ordered Bosch part, and installed it.

Here's are few additions to onehundred80's excellent "Replacing the Crankshaft Position Sensor- Rev.4":
  1. I didn't need a flexible extension. I used a combination of short, but not too short, extensions. A "wobble" extension of appropriate length will work as shown.
  2. Have a magnetic pickup nearby to assist in retrieving the bolt when it falls after removal.
  3. A standard size needle nose pliers (pictured) works well when you need to rotate the new sensor so that the bolt holes line up.
  4. That E8 bolt head is a nuisance! I couldn't get my fingers into the narrow channel. The bolt head won't stay in the socket for insertion. Screw starters didn't work. Couldn't find any of that gummy adhesive that attaches things in paper mail. Aha, the solution--a piece of paper towel! Place it over the socket's mouth and push in the bolt head. It worked. (see photo)