Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Post MB/Crossfire part numbers here

Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Post MB/Crossfire part numbers here

When I read the threads about problems members are having with their Crossfire it would appear that problems are to be found everywhere. Every car has problems, some more than others. The Crossfire is a very well assembled vehicle and the components are solidly made. I will not bother to name specific problems as we know what they are, these problems may be annoying but the vast majority of owners have had few if any of these problems.
We see problems that are common and ones that are less so. This car is an oddball and with its MB roots and Chrysler label, parts are sourced from MB (probably with minimal if any discount) and marked up for profit by Chrysler. The obvious solution is to purchase MB parts directly and bypass Chrysler.
To make this easier a thread should be started that lists Crossfire part numbers with the MB part number. We see some of these numbers in threads but they need to be in one place, not spread through thousands of threads and adding new numbers to to the list as they appear. This may take some time but as it passes we will need these parts more and more. There obviously is a master list available to Chrysler or they would not be able to order the part when you ask for it at the counter, so who can get one?
If MB model, year and VIN numbers are required to get a part then we should get some to match the parts, VIN's are on the dash for all to see. Change the build number and we have thousands of numbers.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-15-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Default re: Post MB/Crossfire part numbers here

No one thinks this is worth it?
It could save thousands of hard earned dollars for members, I guess everyone is rolling in it or missed the point.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Must have missed your first post "180", it's a great idea. But I don't know how anybody could come up with the "List" if it does exist.
Probably everytime someone here on the forum buys something from a Mercedes dealer for their Crossfire, they could go to a "special" place here on the forum and list what it was, its price, and it's part number.
I'll go first:
Mercedes oil filter, part# 000-180-26-09, $20.32.
Mercedes seal ring, part# 007603-014106, $ 0.90.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Must have missed your first post "180", it's a great idea. But I don't know how anybody could come up with the "List" if it does exist.
Probably everytime someone here on the forum buys something from a Mercedes dealer for their Crossfire, they could go to a "special" place here on the forum and list what it was, its price, and it's part number.
I'll go first:
Mercedes oil filter, part# 000-180-26-09, $20.32.
Mercedes seal ring, part# 007603-014106, $ 0.90.
I have seen many instances of Chrysler part numbers and the equivalent Mercedes number, they are scattered through the various threads.
Posting them on a `sticky' thread would at least keep them together for easier searches. If they were collected by a keen individual they could be added to a Master list or something similar.
The dollar savings are substantial, VIN numbers are required at times, but this can be overcome.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, it is obvious that your idea is a super one. Some discussion of how to do this may be a first step instead of just listing them in individual posts. Great idea!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It would be quite the feat being the hundred thousand or so parts that put these cars together. I know a lot of them are the same but then again, many are not. I'd be willing to but together something to cross reference the part numbers but it's gonna take some serious man power to make it worth anything.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
It would be quite the feat being the hundred thousand or so parts that put these cars together. I know a lot of them are the same but then again, many are not. I'd be willing to but together something to cross reference the part numbers but it's gonna take some serious man power to make it worth anything.
Obviously we would mainly be getting the numbers for the common items at first , filters, sensors, brake parts etc. As items come up we just add them.
Its not too often you need to know the crankshaft number so we would not miss that number too much. If you need that number you are in deep doo doo. I would say **** but... see?

Oak trees grow from acorns, this saying just drives me nuts.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do what I do... just call a good Mercedes dealership and tell them the part you need. They know Crossfires are the previous SLK. The MB dealership by me knows all about the Crossfire... more so than Chrysler! I think they get Crossfires in there often.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
Do what I do... just call a good Mercedes dealership and tell them the part you need. They know Crossfires are the previous SLK. The MB dealership by me knows all about the Crossfire... more so than Chrysler! I think they get Crossfires in there often.
Who said its a perfect idea, not me. People put numbers up and they are just lost, they may be helpful to some, parts are not just available at dealers, ebay has quite a number and if it is identified by it MB # who's to say it fits a Xfire?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it wasn't for someone posting the part #s for the SLK spring bushings, my rear tires would still be rubbing. Great idea!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Who said its a perfect idea, not me. People put numbers up and they are just lost, they may be helpful to some, parts are not just available at dealers, ebay has quite a number and if it is identified by it MB # who's to say it fits a Xfire?
I think you have a good idea. Just giving an alternative solution if we can't get the list.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
No one thinks this is worth it?
It could save thousands of hard earned dollars for members, I guess everyone is rolling in it or missed the point.
I think it's a hellova good idea. You could sticky a thread, let people reply to it with information and then add the information to the first post.

You know, set up a chart or table of part description, Chrysler number, MB number - all in one thread, one post!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great idea and I know I would find it extremely helpful and beneficial. Perhaps a forum moderator can skim the threads and amass a rough list for starters and anyone else can PM him with additional numbers and info, to be added to the list. If it grew to a certain size, it would be great to have a PDF format.

-xodus52

Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it's an excellant idea 180...in fact I posted the same suggestion last week in the General Forum and got " zero " feed back !

A simple data base listing parts purchased by forum members with both Chrysler and MB cross references would give everyone the oppurtunity to research part availability before repair.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...data-base.html

Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Stogey
I believe it's an excellant idea 180...in fact I posted the same suggestion last week in the General Forum and got " zero " feed back !

A simple data base listing parts purchased by forum members with both Chrysler and MB cross references would give everyone the oppurtunity to research part availability before repair.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...data-base.html
My original post of August 15 had no replies, so I bumped it on August 26 and that started the ball rolling. They say great minds think alike, what's our excuse?
I think something can be done and I would be willing to start and keep it going, after all how hard can it be?
All we need is a description, MB#, Chrysler#, any pertinent notes and maybe a photo in some cases.
The trouble with adding all info to the first post using the edit feature is that when the post gets to its maximum length a second post would be started automatically as the next new post a long way down the list.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

After reading over the posts here I have started another closed thread in the link posted below.
You may continue to post info here and then I will move it to the closed thread link below to keep a clean continuous list of part number cross reference

Master list for MB/Crossfire part numbers

Last edited by Valk; 11-14-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:02 AM
Default Re: Post MB/Crossfire part numbers here

Mercedes repair shops refuse to touch Chrysler Crossfires in southern Californi

Old 07-06-2022, 07:12 AM
Default Re: Post MB/Crossfire part numbers here

My 2007 Crossfire won’t start. Chrysler said its the ignition module, which is VIN specific and has to be programmed to link with the key which can only be done by an Authorized Chrysler mechanic.
The part has a Chrysler part number on it. Mercedes was able to determine the corresponding part number However no one can figure out how to order it because it is a VIN specific Mercedes part but the Crossfire has a Chrysler VIN number.
Does anyone know how I can get the part??