Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

interior misting problems

Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: interior misting problems

The procedure is outlined in the Owners Handbook.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to roll with my A/C on all the time, otherwise I suffer from misting on the windscreen....noticed it from day one. I guess it's to do with the temp/pressure/humidity outside of the car..when it's nice and sunny. (Rare in the UK) I like to have both windows down on my coupe.

I've also replaced the interior air filter last year....reading this article I may take it out and give it a quick clean or replace it. (Buy a filter from MB not Chrysler)

I love my car..

Old 02-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I noticed this morning...45degrees, very low 20% humidity, that my windows were all fogging up as well on the rescue SRT. I had the heat on at the first red notch and had to switch to defrost and engage the compressor which cleared it up in no time. Feeling that this was temporary, I turned off the compressor when the fogging cleared, but it came right back. I will have to check out those drains under the wiper cowling I suppose, but if I remove that panel, I want to be prepared to change out the batteries on the skreem module while I am in there.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Well, I noticed this morning...45degrees, very low 20% humidity, that my windows were all fogging up as well on the rescue SRT. I had the heat on at the first red notch and had to switch to defrost and engage the compressor which cleared it up in no time. Feeling that this was temporary, I turned off the compressor when the fogging cleared, but it came right back. I will have to check out those drains under the wiper cowling I suppose, but if I remove that panel, I want to be prepared to change out the batteries on the skreem module while I am in there.
Your experience with fogging is the norm. I get it every morning here in Alabama with the cooler weather up here. You MUST run the A/C when the heater is running or all the windows will fog badly. My under cowl drains are clean as I open the cowl as regular maintenance. It is a good idea to check your's, but it will not effect the fogging; keep your A/C compressor running when the heater is on.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Back in 2012 Crumpy and I were traveling in both cars to the Dragon. Horrendous rain from Nashville all the way to Knoxville. Her SRT coupe could not keep the wet off the windscreen. Despite having her AC on, she complained the whole four hours of that part of the trip.

Ahead of her in the NA Convertible, I had no issues inside the car. Just a lot of rain coming down outside the car. That storm hung over us the whole darn way.

I think it only happens severely in the coupes. At least that has been my experience. I have no idea as to why.