Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Finally went to track! Results and videos inside

Old 04-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally went to track! Results and videos inside

*The car is stock to the OEM filter*

It was in high 50s low 60s but at one point i saw 72 degrees in my car. I did not cool the car down because I was impatient and damn it I forgot to do the throttle reset thing

I ran 4 times. On my second run, they messed up the timeslip, I ended up having a timeslip with a 2.1 1/4 mile time with no MPH lol. but then i asked them to contact the tower and see if they can see what i ran and supposedly a 14.38@96mph but they couldnt print that and neither the guy who handles the slips. Anyways However i got the other slips, which are:

She just wouldnt leave the hole any faster. it sucks not having enough power, grr...

14.40@97mph (damn it almost 14.3x)
14.44@96mph
14.41@97mph

VIDEO

YouTube - 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Drag Racing

Here are the slips:

1- Supposedly 14.38 slip which got messed up god knows why

Image020.jpg

and here is a couple more:

Image009-1.jpg

Image003-1.jpg

Last edited by Musclefan21; 04-19-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Finally went to track! Results and videos inside

Well-played sir... nice run!

Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fastest times I've heard for a "stock" NA car. Good run.
What size rear tires are you running?
Do you have a CAI?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

very nice and the shifting was fast also

Old 04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice reaction times Muscle !

Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At what RPM did you launch?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Fastest times I've heard for a "stock" NA car. Good run.
What size rear tires are you running?
Do you have a CAI?
My car is stock to the tires and paper OEM filter. thanks.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 04-19-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L.
At what RPM did you launch?
at 4500rpm in all those runs. basically floored it and easy on the clutch. dumping doesnt really work that well, not enough torque (she bogs).

Thanks Stogey, Amx and JHM

Old 04-19-2010, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
My car is stock to the tires and paper OEM filter. thanks.
That's DAMN impressive. With my intake I'm sure you could easily drop .3 off that slip... this thing is a breathing machine.

I was taking Kim to lunch today, hopping from one exit to the next (roughly .8 mile away) and when I left the bottom of the loop, I was doing ~55mph. Hit 131mph before I had to start braking for the next exit... this thing has some mean top-end now between the intake and the Ansa.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
That's DAMN impressive. With my intake I'm sure you could easily drop .3 off that slip... this thing is a breathing machine.

I was taking Kim to lunch today, hopping from one exit to the next (roughly .8 mile away) and when I left the bottom of the loop, I was doing ~55mph. Hit 131mph before I had to start braking for the next exit... this thing has some mean top-end now between the intake and the Ansa.

thanks! I claim that I can run 14.2 stock with it. All i need to do is actually cool the car completely down and run it on a ~40 degrees weather. Will prove that at the end of this season. Weather is way too hot now.

I have always said and I will still say it a bolts on N/A crossfire is an easy 13 second ride. If anybody doubts it, I would love to drive your car. I will pay for your track entrance

Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 AM

In the few months I've been driving mine, I know for a fact that the launch/first 60' is where this car really sucks at life. Although, I haven't had the brass to do a 4500RPM launch, either.

But these cars are far too light and far too hot once you get 'em rolling to be confined to the 14's until death do us part.

I think it's all in the launch, clearly. Fastest N/A time I've seen prior to this was a 14.7 and you've beaten that consistently by .3 every run... with stock paper, nonetheless. That's a testemonial to your driving skills. Most people claim that a good CAI can drop .4/.5 off your ET. Add a tune, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be good for another three tenths off the bottom line. Add injectors... you get the idea.

I still think Franc needs to hit the track... he's comfy with a 6-speed and has about $2,000 into his motor. But, he's never raced his. If he can't crack 13's, somthing's up.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 AM

thanks! I claim that I can run 14.2 stock with it. All i need to do is actually cool the car completely down and run it on a ~40 degrees weather. Will prove that at the end of this season. Weather is way too hot now.

I have always said and I will still say it a bolts on N/A crossfire is an easy 13 second ride. If anybody doubts it, I would love to drive your car. I will pay for your track entrance
Muscle, try to find yourself a set of stock 18" front tires, and mount them in back. Disconnect your traction control so your smaller tires woun't cause you any problems. Race with your wing down, see what happens.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
In the few months I've been driving mine, I know for a fact that the launch/first 60' is where this car really sucks at life. Although, I haven't had the brass to do a 4500RPM launch, either.

But these cars are far too light and far too hot once you get 'em rolling to be confined to the 14's until death do us part.

I think it's all in the launch, clearly. Fastest N/A time I've seen prior to this was a 14.7 and you've beaten that consistently by .3 every run... with stock paper, nonetheless. That's a testemonial to your driving skills. Most people claim that a good CAI can drop .4/.5 off your ET. Add a tune, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be good for another three tenths off the bottom line. Add injectors... you get the idea.

I still think Franc needs to hit the track... he's comfy with a 6-speed and has about $2,000 into his motor. But, he's never raced his. If he can't crack 13's, somthing's up.
Thanks. I should no problem running a mid 13 second time with a full bolts on N/A car. For some reason I always claim "unrealistic" times and get laughed at a lot but then when I back it up, something is up with the clock or something hahaha You are right, if he catn run a 13 second time, something is up.

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Muscle, try to find yourself a set of stock 18" front tires, and mount them in back. Disconnect your traction control so your smaller tires woun't cause you any problems. Race with your wing down, see what happens.
I hated the fact wing deployed each time, I think She is making me lose a mph or 2. and maybe a .1.

I will try what you recommended, all I need is a fellow crossfire owner to cash his ride up for me at track, swap the wheels real quick for a few runs. For the wing, I guess i need to pull a fuse right? Is there anyway i can simply disconnect the switch from the wing's motor at track?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:14 AM

For the wing, I guess i need to pull a fuse right? Is there anyway i can simply disconnect the switch from the wing's motor at track?
Just pull fuse #20... You'll hear a beeping warning at speeds >90, but otherwise no issues. Just be sure you have a good steady grip on the wheel.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at 4500rpm in all those runs. basically floored it and easy on the clutch. dumping doesnt really work that well, not enough torque (she bogs).
She does not bog, and there is plenty of torque. There is also a clutch delay valve, not allowing ridiculous behavior like a 4500RPM full on clutch drop. no matter how quickly you let out the clutch, it will delay you, to a degree. I have been trying to figure out how to drill mine as a side project.

Talk to Paul about this, he probably has more NA 1/4mi runs than anyone on this site and plenty of money into his motor. It took spray (and plenty of other mods) to get him to 13.50s so good luck.....

Nice runs and I am interested to see the progress.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
She does not bog, and there is plenty of torque. There is also a clutch delay valve, not allowing ridiculous behavior like a 4500RPM full on clutch drop. no matter how quickly you let out the clutch, it will delay you, to a degree. I have been trying to figure out how to drill mine as a side project.

Talk to Paul about this, he probably has more NA 1/4mi runs than anyone on this site and plenty of money into his motor. It took spray (and plenty of other mods) to get him to 13.50s so good luck.....

Nice runs and I am interested to see the progress.
No offense but she bogs. I have personally experienced it multiple times and I don't know what is plenty for your or others but i personally could not say that my crossfire has plenty of torque. She couldn't get out of the hole quick enough even with minimal tire spin. That is called lack or torque. When I literrally leave the line at 4500rpm and she only spins very slightly, then that means she doesnt have enough torque.

I see what you are saying on the 13.50s run, it is unbelievable, I am sure if I said that i could runa 14.3 stock, i would get the same respond from people but here I am and she did it. So adding another 50-60hp plus some tuning to get rid of the rev limiter and all that clutch delay, 4500rwhp limit, etc. BS she will see mid 13s. I have been racing long enough to do some accurate calculations. Trust me, if someone cant run a 13 second run in a full bolts on crossfire, then they either cant drive or the car isn't running "right"

Last edited by Musclefan21; 04-19-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say that is not bad at all for a stock motor!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Muscle, are you referring to your traction control kicking in, and causing you to bog? Pull the center wire out of the TC and it totally deactivates it. My car would bog (or go into limp mode) everytime my rear tires spun even slightly. I haven't had any trouble since I completed the TC disconnect.
A one inch drop in rear tire diameter will be similar to having 3.45 gears.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-xf-book.html

Last edited by +fireamx; 04-19-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense but she bogs. I have personally experienced it multiple times and I don't know what is plenty for your or others but i personally could not say that my crossfire has plenty of torque. She couldn't get out of the hole quick enough even with minimal tire spin. That is called lack or torque. When I literrally leave the line at 4500rpm and she only spins very slightly, then that means she doesnt have enough torque.

I see what you are saying on the 13.50s run, it is unbelievable, I am sure if I said that i could runa 14.3 stock, i would get the same respond from people but here I am and she did it. So adding another 50-60hp plus some tuning to get rid of the rev limiter and all that clutch delay, 4500rwhp limit, etc. BS she will see mid 13s. I have been racing long enough to do some accurate calculations. Trust me, if someone cant run a 13 second run in a full bolts on crossfire, then they either cant drive or the car isn't running "right"
Arrogant much? you say you have been racing long enough to do the calculations and making negative assumptions about peoples driving ability, some of whom have been racing since before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye. If I were you, I would look to the people who came before you, or you will be destined to repeat their mistakes.....

You are not following what I am saying. I am not saying an XF has 600 ft lbs out of the hole, but as I stated, she has plenty of torque not to bog on a launch, ask the guys with the auto trans. This is because of the CDV I tried to explain, if you have never had a nice Euro car, you have probably not even heard of them, many members here have not. Do a little research and see why YOU DO have plenty of torque, but the parts are not letting you put it to the ground the way you want to, read:

CDV

I am not a drag racer, and I try not to be a ****, but respect for people who came before you and those who know their cars well enough to know why they function the way they do is a must, IMHO.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Arrogant much? you say you have been racing long enough to do the calculations and making negative assumptions about peoples driving ability, some of whom have been racing since before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye. If I were you, I would look to the people who came before you, or you will be destined to repeat their mistakes.....

You are not following what I am saying. I am not saying an XF has 600 ft lbs out of the hole, but as I stated, she has plenty of torque not to bog on a launch, ask the guys with the auto trans. This is because of the CDV I tried to explain, if you have never had a nice Euro car, you have probably not even heard of them, many members here have not. Do a little research and see why YOU DO have plenty of torque, but the parts are not letting you put it to the ground the way you want to, read:

CDV

I am not a drag racer, and I try not to be a ****, but respect for people who came before you and those who know their cars well enough to know why they function the way they do is a must, IMHO.
slow down there killer! nobody is giving you trouble and you call me arrogant! 229lbs of tq IS NOT plenty for a car which weights 3250+lbs with the driver. thats a lot of weight to push out of the hole. Yes I see what you are saying the electronics not allowing the car to do what it can do efficiently but even without the electronics, I see this car falling on its face at a hard launch instead of hooking and just flying out of the hole. I had a trans am with 330lbs of tq with no electronis to limit the car and when i launched that thuing at 3000-4000rpm it would bog (with sticky tires) because the weight was too much for the torque the car had. If our caqrs weighted 2500lbs then i would say 229tq is pretty decent amount.

If you say the car PLENTY of torque then this car without the limitations should be able to cut a 1.6 60's easy? Well I will tell you this, you arent cutting any better pretty much a 1.9 60' with a stock xfire.

And about me commenting on otherss driving ability, well guess what? some people just can't drive. Period! And so what if somebody was driving when I was a little kid taking a dump to my diapers? is that mean they will always be better at it since they have been in it longer? Look, I don't like to talk about my driving much and I like to show times and call it a day, but you get me a full bolts on crossfire and watch me run 13s CONSISTENTLY.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 04-19-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally went to track! Results and videos inside