Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

first car

Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first car

Hey guys I been searching around the forum for a while and found some really useful info here. Basically I fell in love with these cars at first sight a few years ago and now that I'm finally old enough and I see there at a reasonable price I've been really looking into them. My parents love the car too although they think its a little small... Anyway its basically a yes for a crossfire as long as my dad doesn't have to pay insurance through the roof (big if) but from what I can understand the prices shouldn't be astronomical due to the fact of it not being a "sports car."

Anyway I started looking at cars and I found one at what I thought to be a good price. Its a 2004 with 60 thousand miles and a cloudy headlight. I've looked up how to take care of the headlight part here and it looks like 3m should help fix that. As far as crossfires go what kind of problems/ maintenance would I be looking at with that many miles? And when I do eventually go to look at the car what should I be looking for specifically that's different from any other car. And just basically how's the price for the car? He's been putting it up every week for about 2 months so I bet I can get him down lower.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Here's the link 2004 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE

Old 06-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: first car

A couple stories that might help you sell the car to your parents. Guy I know at the office park here had a black roadster. he was rear ended at a stop light. The car protected him, no injuries although his car was totalled. Also had a buddy on this forum who let his son take his car out. Wet, winding road, going too fast and the kid fliiped the car twice and ended up in a tree. Once again due to the stability of the passenger compartment the injuries were minor. When he went back the next day with a tow driver the driver asked if both kids were killed...it looked that bad. I think there's pictures on the forum of the car, its pretty smashed up except for the interior, both kids walked away.
The Crossfire is one of the safer cars out there. There are some rear visibility issues and its not a great car in the snow but driven responsibly its an amazing car that you will come to see less and less of on the road.
The headlight issue is fairly easy to correct if the haze is on the outside.
Other issues you can find on the forum. Just know that not everyone experiences all these issues so don't think we all have problems. I've owned mine for 5 years now and aside from the engine fan motor (TSB) my locks went on the trunk and gas cap, KOW I've had few problems, its one of the best cars I've ever owned.
Good luck.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Wow those are some incredible stories thanks ill be sure to pass them on.

How do you find the price to be compared to similar cars? If I didn't mention it the price is listed as 7900 but I'm sure I can get him lower than that.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by el tigre
Thanks a lot everyone!

Here's the link 2004 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE
It's debadged and... are the fog lights missing?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price is a little on the low side. Run a Carfax on it to make sure it is legit and not a salvage vehicle.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM

good calls i didnt even notice all that. im not even going to bother i dont want to get involved with it. looks like its possibly a salvage as said.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 PM

Also... look at the cup holder; it's a dud

In all honesty; looks like it's missing fogs as has been mentioned... but if it's fine mechanically and has a decent history - might be a good buy.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:53 PM

What's wrong with the cup holder?

I just don't want to del with dinding parts altough you may be right. Ibsent him an email

Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see, one foggy, one clear headlight. Fogs replaced with base model covers. I would have to say this car has been hit. On the plus side, it looks like it has been lowered.

Last edited by rush549; 06-16-2010 at 12:13 AM.