Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Forked over the cash for new Headlight Assemblies

Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Forked over the cash for new Headlight Assemblies

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Does anyone know the difference between a code 'YAB' and a code '8DE' headlight assembly ?
How can you tell which one you have in your car ?
I have had both assemblies out, and can't find a code like that on either one.
I'd go by the part number on your car headlight.
Remember these cars had to adhere to the DOT rules in many countries and they will differ even ignoring LH and RH drive. For instance how high and how far left and right they can shine a beam and the brightness even.

Mine say US left and US right with a MB and another number on a paper label on top of the light unit. The other number is not the Chrysler number shown in the parts lists.
The MB part numbers are left A 193 820 21 61 and right A 193 820 22 61

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-11-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I'd go by the part number on your car headlight.
Remember these cars had to adhere to the DOT rules in many countries and they will differ even ignoring LH and RH drive. For instance how high and how far left and right they can shine a beam and the brightness even.

Mine say US left and US right with a MB and another number on a paper label on top of the light unit. The other number is not the Chrysler number shown in the parts lists.
The MB part numbers are left A 193 820 21 61 and right A 193 820 21 61
Ummm, 180, errrr... both of those numbers look the same.... Just say-in!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Ummm, 180, errrr... both of those numbers look the same.... Just say-in!
Typo.......edited.......

Old 12-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Forked over the cash for new Headlight Assemblies

Originally Posted by blackbelt_010892
For well over a year now my passenger front blinker has been dysfunctional due to corrosion building up where the bulb meets the socket. The drivers side blinker was also soon to have the exact same problems. I believe this damage was due to an a insufficient ground of an aftermarket audio installation. The grounds have since been re-prepped and properly secured to the frame/body.

Unfortunately, the parts I needed only come as the whole headlight assembly unit. I finally mustered up enough money and courage to make the purchase. Both the left and right side assemblies were secured by the dealer within a couple days, and then installed within an hour or two. My Crossfire is an 05 with 75,000 miles on it had spent a few years down in the Dallas sun to accumulate UV damage before my purchase back in May 2010.

Up until the installation I was having second guesses as to whether or not I would be getting my money's worth. Needless to say I have had close to dozen people go out of their way at (gas stations, drive thru's, etc...) to compliment me on the car and its condition making remarks such as "It looks brand spanking new". Before the replacements I may have gotten a single compliment on a monthly basis.

Next Friday I am having a product by the name X-Pel (2005 Chrysler Crossfire X-Pel Headlight Protection - 3m Headlight Protection Film, Clear Headlight UV Lens Protector) installed by a authorized dealer in hopes of prolonging the longevity of the new assemblies, because they sure as hell were not cheap. This kit will cover the main assemblies, side markers, and fogs $100 installed.

Before

After
I installed the same kit on my aero blue almost a year ago. Unfortuneately the Blue Material I ordered was defective with numerous poc marks in it. I found the company was located in San Antonio and called them. They were aware of this problem and were very apologetic and fed exed me replacements. Unfortuneately the replacements were for another vehicle and mine went ????. I immediately called and they knew they had goofed and sent me another set Fed Ex. As you said they are not cheap, but easy enough to install following instructinions. You MUST have CLEAN hands and not touch the sticky side with bare fingers or your fingerprints will show. I paid $52.00 for mine and they are well worth it. I can see evidence of stone damage that could have been a death knell to my new lenses/lights. I installed the smoke color to my Snow White and they were excellent from the git-go. good luck ..
A Smoked set I ordered for Snow White were excellent from the start.
John P
FTroopChief

Last edited by FTroopChief; 12-17-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

John I now know why all the "Just In Time" trucking is such great business.... "just sitting on the trailer waiting to be off loaded".....Thanks goes to slow moving parts... OK, back to the headlights... I need to be hauling car parts, not seed....J/K...

Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by sjcrossfire
I just checked the price at the dealer in Texas I buy my mopar parts from, www.mopar2u.com, left headlight assembly is $469.20 & right assembly is $444.00 = $913.20 plus shipping for both.

I have purchased parts from this authorized dealer several times for my Chryslers in CA & my son's Dodge truck in AZ. Even my local mechanic in San Jose now gets his mopar parts from that dealer
I know this is rather old, but i would love to have owned my XF when the headlights were this cheap... $884/Left $884/Right... man i cant win

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rachnia
I know this is rather old, but i would love to have owned my XF when the headlights were this cheap... $884/Left $884/Right... man i cant win

They are $560 each (new) on eBay right now.
Headlamp. (click)

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-08-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
They are $560 each (new) on eBay right now.
Headlamp. (click)
The ones below that are actually a better deal at $568 with free shipping.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rachnia

Did the work for you? My wife's also needs completely new ones because the dealer and I can't get them aligned properly.

Ron Leighton