Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Korean Crossfire: It has arrived!

Old 09-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Korean Crossfire: It has arrived!

After waiting over two months, my XF has arrived. It landed in Inchon on Monday afternoon, 13 September, cleared Customs on Tuesday morning, and was shipped to Yongsan Army Garrison on the 14th, Tuesday.

I received a called from the OSMC Representative on Tuesday morning informing me that it was ready to pickup provided that the Government Official could be found to sign all the paper work. By 4:00 I had my SSB, Auto-stick XF on the road for my first trip to Tongduchong. After 2 hours of driving through very heavy traffic I arrived at Camp Casey to Teach my students - I was just to excited to teach. My students understood and after a short 2 and a half hour class, we said good night and I was off on the road again.

On my way to Camp Casey, my tire sensor lights came on and the windshield fluid light also lite up. I drove into a Car Center, Gas Stations in Korea do not have air, and the entire garage came out to examine the car. It was a incredible scene. I tried my best to respond to the flood of questions in Hangul regarding the car but after several minutes of talking with the garage mechanics and other customers I finally was able to tell them I needed air. The mechanic checked all the tires, filled them to 32 psi and filled my windshield fuild. I asked him how much and he said "No Charge - thank you for coming into my shop, in was my honor to help you. " Wow, that is service and it wasn't even from Chrysler. Fortunately the tire sensors gages went off and the ride continued without incident.

I am very happy to report that my XF has no irregular noise from the back hatch or from the windows. No rattles at all. I have noticed a slight discoloration in the lower left corner of the rear window, it is very small, but I will watch it over the next few months. The Radio display is indeed difficult to read during the day - I will address this with DC Korea next week; however, I don't care too much for the Infinity Stereo so I might opt to change it for the Sony CDX-F7000. I checked the Raditor hose and it seems fine, but I will have DC check it again just to be safe. No Bubbles in the interior tire walls. Overall I must say that the car is great. However, the Brake Dust is just too much. I am glad the I read all the posts regarding brake dust and made the decision to replace the stock pads with Rotex Gold Pads. There is simply no point waiting.

As for the performance and handling, this is a sophisticated automobile. Beautiful muted tones from the engine and exhaust system. Tire hum on the road has a sweet radiating buzz. Power and acceleration is more than ample for the highways and back country roads that I drive upon. Excellent stability and cornering - this is a real joy. This car is just superb.

I will post a couple a photographs I took Saturday evening approximately 5 miles from the DMZ and North Korea. I have removed my snakes now that my XF has arrived. New Avatar is forthcoming; hopefully with some help from a local Abrams Tank Crew.

Finally - I love this car. :lol:

Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Forum Regular

Congratulations. Once you get a thousand miles on the clock the engine will open up and it will feel even better.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats keijoh! We've all felt your anticipation over these past couple months, I am happy to see you finally get your car and glad you are so far happy with it.

You've probably already discussed this elsewhere, but are you going to pull the PS/2's for winter? Don't you get a lot of snow in the DMZ area?

Old 09-21-2004, 04:28 AM

Hallelujah! Took long enough. I'm glad you think the wait was worth it.
A