Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A lot of Water droplets visible inside headlight lens

Old 11-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts
Default Re: A lot of Water droplets visible inside headlight lens

Originally Posted by unsc005
Thank you for the reply onehundred80. I typed in Remove headlight in the search box, but did not see a specific post on removing a headlight. Can you tell me what the title of the post is?
Sometimes you do not see the answer you want, but a question with the answer in a following post.
CLICK

Old 11-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again onehundred80. I read the link and this should be a big help.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by unsc005
Thanks again onehundred80. I read the link and this should be a big help.
If you take the headlight out you may as well rinse the interior with methanol as outlined in a post here by Maxichon. If you do not want to take it out you can remove the two headlight bulbs ans use a hair dryer eo blow warm air through the headlight.
Next you have to find the cause of the water getting in there in the first place. This can be a leak in the seal somewhere or it needs the special kit fitted to stop humid air getting into the light.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-09-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Thanks, based on the two posts I read about this issue that's why I wanted to remove the headlight altogether to see if there is a leak. The seal kit mentioned in one of the posts only costs $22 so I'll try to find the leak and also inspect the vent seals, which are a part of this kit. Hopefully I can find the issue and save the going rate for whole headlight, which is $500-700 on ebay, amazon, and any other site I been able to find one. For the leak other than the potential of the vent seals are there any other typical areas that a common for this leak issue?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:54 AM

Since I am new to this forum I wanted to let everyone know what a help this forum has been since the recent purchase of a 2005 Crossfire. Reading this thread and a few others I was able to clear the condensation from my driver's side headlight. The upper vent fitting was cracked and dry rotted, which I believe is the culprit for my condensation issue. I used a air compressor with about 20 PSI alternating between the upper and lower vent holes. In about an hours time all of the condensation had dissipated. I am going to purchase the kit and hopefully be rid of any further condensation issues.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does one kit repair both headlights?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ATX SRT-6
Does one kit repair both headlights?
Yes it does.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:39 PM

Kit costs $22-$25.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Hey OneHundred80 or any other member that may have a spare seal kit 05174786aa kicking around for sale I am interested. particularly if it's up in Canada.
Did order one from the "stealership" and it showed up with one cap and one plug, and told him no it should be for two, and said no I would need a 2nd kit. Wrong buddy especially at the $52 a kit price.
Looked online and there is great deals in USA but exchange and 35 dollar shipping kills.
Any members have one for sale?
I am in Alberta Canada T8S1L9

Thanks

Old 02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular

Ok guys, I have a problem not mentioned in this tread; my left headlight is full of moisture but my Roadster is an '06 and the vents pictured in the '04 and '05 models (numbers 1 and 5) are capped, they look sealed. Any suggestions?

Old 02-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
Ok guys, I have a problem not mentioned in this tread; my left headlight is full of moisture but my Roadster is an '06 and the vents pictured in the '04 and '05 models (numbers 1 and 5) are capped, they look sealed. Any suggestions?
How long has this problem been with you? The caps must point down. Someone a good while back said that their leak came from the joint between the lens and the light housing.
There was a photo on here a while ago and it looked lik a goldfish could live in the light quite well.
Take it out, clean it and install the anti-misting kit. While it is out see if there is a leak at the joint, by putting a hose on it.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
How long has this problem been with you? The caps must point down. Someone a good while back said that their leak came from the joint between the lens and the light housing.
There was a photo on here a while ago and it looked lik a goldfish could live in the light quite well.
Take it out, clean it and install the anti-misting kit. While it is out see if there is a leak at the joint, by putting a hose on it.

Just happened, I ran it through a car wash and the next day, it was full of condensation - looked like it rained on the inside. The caps that are on the '04s and '05s aren't on the '06's, the one and five position rubber caps are hard plastic on mine, which seem to be sealed onto the light. The only rubber I can take off are the two rubber backs of the lights. I can't see where the water is getting in. The fix kit, which I believe is for the '04 and '05 models puts a cap on the rubber drain plugs at positions 1 and 5, and as stated, my '06 has no such rubber caps, it has hard plastic caps which appear to be as the 'fix' picture has, only mine are molded into the headlight.

Dave

Old 07-30-2016, 11:41 AM

Hey guys just want to update you on the kits that come from the dealership. They have been discontinued and are becoming difficult to find through normal channels. I was told only two dealerships still have them in stock Hoover Chrysler Summerville SC and Lakeland Chrysler in FL. I just bought two kits from Lakeland. I do believe they can still be found online at Mopar parts online and factory chrysler parts .com

Just a heads up.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mr5150
Hey guys just want to update you on the kits that come from the dealership. They have been discontinued and are becoming difficult to find through normal channels. I was told only two dealerships still have them in stock Hoover Chrysler Summerville SC and Lakeland Chrysler in FL. I just bought two kits from Lakeland. I do believe they can still be found online at Mopar parts online and factory chrysler parts .com

Just a heads up.
One kit is required for a car.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
One kit is required for a car.
I bought an extra in case a member had trouble finding one in the future.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mr5150
I bought an extra in case a member had trouble finding one in the future.
That is a good idea, I just thought I would make my statement as some have thought two kits were required.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:38 PM

Has anyone been able to find this replacement kit P/N 5174786AA?
I finally scored a Crossfire I have been looking for 12 years now. 2008 Crossfire in Aero Blue with 13k on it. Right away it started showing the issue. The previous owner drilled a hole in the side of the drivers side headlight trying to solve the issue of the moisture building up inside. I would really like to buy the kit and solve the issue but no one has it any more.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by kidkjk25
Has anyone been able to find this replacement kit P/N 5174786AA?
I finally scored a Crossfire I have been looking for 12 years now. 2008 Crossfire in Aero Blue with 13k on it. Right away it started showing the issue. The previous owner drilled a hole in the side of the drivers side headlight trying to solve the issue of the moisture building up inside. I would really like to buy the kit and solve the issue but no one has it any more.
The last post before yours is nearly five years old, the kits are no longer available.
You can see threads that explain how to dry the insides of the lights. Some units leaked around the sealant, some may have been missing a plug. Some believe that water was diverted into the unit. The worst I have seen looked like an aquarium minus the fish.
Add a picture of the rear of your unit, maybe it is missing some thing. Fill up the hole that was added.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:19 PM

I could not take pictures of the headlight but I am attaching the pics from the service bulletin. I marked the top pic to show what I am missing which is probably causing the droplets to build up. The bottom pix shows what I need to fix it. I find it very strange that this is only on the drivers side and not the passenger side.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by kidkjk25
I could not take pictures of the headlight but I am attaching the pics from the service bulletin. I marked the top pic to show what I am missing which is probably causing the droplets to build up. The bottom pix shows what I need to fix it. I find it very strange that this is only on the drivers side and not the passenger side.
The bottom picture shows what it should look like. It is one half of the kit required to rid the lens of the condensation problem.
The top picture shows you are missing the two caps and the rubber lens cover that should have that very fine mesh window on the back of it.

Quick Reply: A lot of Water droplets visible inside headlight lens