Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Missing my X-Fire

Old 07-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing my X-Fire

I'm away on business at them moment and am in Boston, MA. My X-fire is all the way back home in the UK and I'm missing it! Call me sad but I don't care! I've only seen one so far over here and that was on an auto dealers lot so not actually seen one on the road around Boston.

My car is actually at the dealers whilst I'm away getting the following done to it:
1) Fix the illuminated door sills
2) Fix vibrating speaker
3) Wind noise TSB
4) New drivers side outside door handle

I just called the garage to check everything is ok and they said it will be ready to collect when I return on Saturday. So fingers crossed :wink:

Old 07-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Forum Regular

Steve,

Can you get any XF Luggage while you are there?

Old 07-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular

I don't think so, the cost is high and the delivery times I'm sure wouldn't be here before I leave on Friday evening.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:30 PM

The trick to this problem is to see if there are any local (Boston) xfire owners who have relatively new luggage.

You order them new luggage and they give you theirs. :wink:

Old 07-14-2004, 06:12 PM

Steve,
Welcome to Boston. You must feel right at home with this awful weather - and it is supposed to last until Friday.
I'm telling you, as I have said in at least one other post, there aren't any Xfires around here. I know of one, my former neighbor. The dealers are selling a few of them; buyers must be garaging them. I live about 30 miles south of Boston, drive three interstates, into Boston and into Providence. I live near US route 1 and near a major shopping mall. I'm going to get myself killed, because I am always looking on both sides of the highway for one. I have not seen one on the road. When I ordered my roadster, I brought photos of azbobk's red roadster. The sales and service people gathered around me because they haven't seen a red roadster yet. Mine will be the third roadster the dealer has ordered. He has two coming in, one for inventory and one he ordered for a person who already has a coupe and is going to add a roadster. I guess he likes the Xfire. He also has a Pacifica; I guess he likes DC.
I have azbobk's photo as wallpaper on my computer. My neighbor saw it and asked what it was; she loved it. I'm sure my Xfire is going to get a lot of attention when it finally arrives around 1 September.
If Tdancer2's suggestion is a possibility; i.e. if you can order luggage, look me up if you are again in Boston after September (assuming mine is in by then). I'd be willing to do that.
Have a good week in Boston and a safe trip home.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

Good idea. Anyone on here from Boston willing to do this???

Old 07-14-2004, 10:14 PM

I live IN TOWN (Cambridge, work in Boston) and the reason you haven't seen my Crossfire around is that I'm in NYC these two weeks. After 4 months of ownership I have yet to see another Crossfire on the road, but there must be a few in the suburbs!

Pam

Old 07-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Newport for a week not so long ago and didn't see a single one. Not even on the drive to/from Providence airport.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:35 AM

Saldous.....I feel your pain. I have had my Blaze since Tax day (04/15/04) and unfortunately have spent most of this time up here in the Seattle area......driving one or the other crappy Avis rental car :-(

But think of it this way....when you get home...she'll be there waiting for you :-)

Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sunny9850
But think of it this way....when you get home...she'll be there waiting for you :-)
Kind of like a little puppy dog - huh? :wink:

Old 07-15-2004, 01:08 AM

Or that ;-)

Old 07-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Forum Regular

I'm actually staying in Natick and our offices are in Framingham.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Forum Regular

Hey, I will be driving through Framingham on the pike today on my way to Newton. Look for me!
HAHAHA

Old 07-16-2004, 04:46 PM

I've had mine for 5 weeks now and haven't seen another around. I'm located in Marlboro, 30 miles west of Boston. Headed to Cape Cod tomorrow and I'll be looking when I'm down there as well.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Forum Regular

OK. I AM VERY ANNOYED. Got back to the UK yesterday morning, called the garage, they didn't know if the car was ready or not. The service deparment were not in this weekend. The guy looked around, found the car on a ramp in the workshop with the keys left on the dash. I got my girlfriend to drive me round so I could check it over to see if all the things had been done. And apart from giving it a bad wash (smear marks on it) nothing had been done. They have had the car for 1 whole week and it was booked in so they can't say they didn't have time. Not one thing has been done to it. So it is still at the garage now and I have to call them on Monday to find out what is going on. I will demand a courtesy car on Monday if it is not ready then. I need the car for work on Tuesday. G.rrrr.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:46 AM

CapeCod, I'll be surprised if you see any Xfires on 495 (if that's the way you go to the cape). I drive 495 between US1 and 24 all the time and I have never seen one. I think that people in MA garage them and don't drive them.
LOL and enjoy a good weekend on the cape - rain Monday.

Old 07-18-2004, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by saldous
OK. I AM VERY ANNOYED. Got back to the UK yesterday morning, called the garage, they didn't know if the car was ready or not. The service deparment were not in this weekend. The guy looked around, found the car on a ramp in the workshop with the keys left on the dash. I got my girlfriend to drive me round so I could check it over to see if all the things had been done. And apart from giving it a bad wash (smear marks on it) nothing had been done. They have had the car for 1 whole week and it was booked in so they can't say they didn't have time. Not one thing has been done to it. So it is still at the garage now and I have to call them on Monday to find out what is going on. I will demand a courtesy car on Monday if it is not ready then. I need the car for work on Tuesday. G.rrrr.
Looks like that Five Star Love is spreading to the UK. The Five Star empty promise is the most gaping hole in the Chrysler experience.