Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Difference In Appearance Between '04 - '08 Crossfire???

Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference In Appearance Between '04 - '08 Crossfire???

me and my girlfriend were driving the other day when we spotted a crossfire on the road, tnen my gf says"that xfire looks nicer than yours". i then told her i think they are all the same on the outside....ARE THERE ANY DIFFERANCES IN APPEARENCE INSIDE AND OUT...

Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Difference In Appearence Between 04 -08 Crossfire??????

Originally Posted by xxx_fire
me and my girlfriend were driving the other day when we spotted a crossfire on the road, tnen my gf says"that xfire looks nicer than yours". i then told her i think they are all the same on the outside....ARE THERE ANY DIFFERANCES IN APPEARENCE INSIDE AND OUT...
Based on my experience I think you should get another girlfriend. Problem solved.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Based on my experience I think you should get another girlfriend. Problem solved.

she said that 2 weeks ago...now that i have added my accessories, i dont think she will ever think another xfire is nicer than mine...

Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

she said that 2 weeks ago...now that i have added my accessories, i dont think she will ever think another xfire is nicer than mine...
By accessories do you mean blingy bits purchased at autozone?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

She's dating you out of all the men in America, and thinks yours is the nicest XF ever? Like, ever ever?!?! Dude, keep that sack over her head, and chains around her ankles. You have a keeper.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
She's dating you out of all the men in America, and thinks yours is the nicest XF ever? Like, ever ever?!?! Dude, keep that sack over her head, and chains around her ankles. You have a keeper.
no need for the bag John, this is XXX_Fire

"it puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again" is commonly said in his house.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Thumbs down Re: Difference In Appearence Between 04 -08 Crossfire??????

i love how a bunch of old farts(all of u idiots that left a comment) love to talk ****, but when i go off on you handy cap old ***** you cry and run to MAXICHON and tell him im being a big meanie... im not even gonna waste my breath on you geezers.

IF YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION **** OFF..PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Old 03-27-2012, 12:05 PM

i love how a bunch of old farts(all of u idiots that left a comment) love to talk ****, but when i go off on you handy cap old ***** you cry and run to MAXICHON and tell him im being a big meanie... im not even gonna waste my breath on you geezers.

Um John and I are both younger than you...

Plus what is Maxichon going to do?

180 is really old, but he's Canadian so it's okay.

Last edited by Thirteendog; 03-27-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Default Re: Difference In Appearance Between '04 - '08 Crossfire???

I'm really old but not Canadian. Does that mean that I'm not OK?

The only differences between model years was how clean and shiny the owners keep them.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez, why do so many threads here devolve into such a mess?

OK, you asked a simple question.......
ARE THERE ANY DIFFERANCES IN APPEARENCE INSIDE AND OUT...
..... so here's a simple answer:

External visual differences:
- Wheels: SRT models have multi spoke wheels that are vastly different from those shared by the Limited and Base models
- Rear spoiler: SRT models have a large fixed rear wing that replaces the automatic spoiler shared by Limited and Base models
- Front spoiler: SRT models have an integrated lower chin spoiler that the Limited and Base models lack
- Trim: Base models have gloss black trim where the Limited and SRT models have silver (windshield surround, side strakes, door handles, etc)

Interior visual differences:
- SRT models have suede/leather seating that is not available in Limited or Base trim
- Leather interiors of Limited models come in a variety of color combinations not available in either SRT or Base models (dark/light gray, vanilla/dark gray, cedar/dark gray)

That's really about it, or at least the most noticeable differences between models. Between model years, however, there really isn't much of anything different that would be an immediate giveaway (unless you can spot the automatic dimming rear view mirror in 2004 models from 100 feet away).

Of course there are all kinds of modifications people have done, from custom wheels to custom hoods to blacking out otherwise silver trim, etc.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Damn, someone is butt-hurt. WOWZA! Hey, your girlfriend started it.

Mike nailed it, regarding the technical aspects. Really not much changed from one year to the next -- certainly nothing she could spot on the freeway. Based on her comments, you might need to research some of Mike's other posts on detailing, paint correction, etc... then your ride will be 'tops' in the eyes of your dearest. Or you could save time and money and follow Canada's advice.

Sincerely,

The Crossfire Youngsters.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM

I guess it comes as no surprise that this is the same guy who honestly thought he could scrape up money from us as sponsors to enter the Gumball Rally after he had been 'accepted'.

He also wanted to re sell front lips at grossly inflated prices.

He was also sure that Mrmiata's Miata was a convertible, and I thought they were all convertibles, silly me.

He added this to his GumBall post, 'p.s i already got a sponsorship for gumball3000 i will be driving a friends masseratti.thanks to my sponsor _________.com'
I just have to see this when he gets to Toronto, I'll post his picture. I hope he has a passport, but he'll probably need a sponsor to buy one though. LOL

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM

I guess it comes as no surprise that this is the same guy who honestly thought he could scrape up money from us as sponsors to enter the Gumball Rally after he had been 'accepted'. He also wanted to re sell front lips at grossly inflated prices.
Thankfully, wisdom accompanied your age and prevented you from falling into such a trap.

Me being a young punk, I *almost* got duped.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Geez, why do so many threads here devolve into such a mess?

OK, you asked a simple question............ so here's a simple answer:

External visual differences:
- Wheels: SRT models have multi spoke wheels that are vastly different from those shared by the Limited and Base models
- Rear spoiler: SRT models have a large fixed rear wing that replaces the automatic spoiler shared by Limited and Base models
- Front spoiler: SRT models have an integrated lower chin spoiler that the Limited and Base models lack
- Trim: Base models have gloss black trim where the Limited and SRT models have silver (windshield surround, side strakes, door handles, etc)

Interior visual differences:
- SRT models have suede/leather seating that is not available in Limited or Base trim
- Leather interiors of Limited models come in a variety of color combinations not available in either SRT or Base models (dark/light gray, vanilla/dark gray, cedar/dark gray)

That's really about it, or at least the most noticeable differences between models. Between model years, however, there really isn't much of anything different that would be an immediate giveaway (unless you can spot the automatic dimming rear view mirror in 2004 models from 100 feet away).

Of course there are all kinds of modifications people have done, from custom wheels to custom hoods to blacking out otherwise silver trim, etc.
I'm suprised at you, you missed 2 differences

2004 the Crossfire lettering was lower on the trunk lid, and the 2004's have a glossy finish on the interior trim pieces and the 2005+ have satin finish.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM

My advice to this girl is ......run. While he's in the rally is a good opportunity.
Originally Posted by xx_fire
'p.s i already got a sponsorship for gumball3000 i will be driving a friends masseratti.thanks to my sponsor _________.com'

Old 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM

I guess it comes as no surprise that this is the same guy who honestly thought he could scrape up money from us as sponsors to enter the Gumball Rally after he had been 'accepted'.

He also wanted to re sell front lips at grossly inflated prices.

He was also sure that Mrmiata's Miata was a convertible, and I thought they were all convertibles, silly me.

He added this to his GumBall post, 'p.s i already got a sponsorship for gumball3000 i will be driving a friends masseratti.thanks to my sponsor _________.com'
I just have to see this when he gets to Toronto, I'll post his picture. I hope he has a passport, but he'll probably need a sponsor to buy one though. LOL

hey gramps...the race is from New York to Calofornia.. wake up!!!...if your going to trash talk at least know your facts...the race is in may.....and yes im still in it....

Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I'm suprised at you, you missed 2 differences

2004 the Crossfire lettering was lower on the trunk lid, and the 2004's have a glossy finish on the interior trim pieces and the 2005+ have satin finish.
Also, the glove box design was changed on the later models, from a full drop-down bin to a simpler hinged door.

Later models also got the rather charming knee-airbag for the driver.

What else, what else... The fuel sending unit changed part numbers in 2006+ Crossfires, as the supplier changed hands.

2007 models with Vanilla interiors received a black steering wheel, while the airbag remained Vanilla

It is quite possible, given the myriad of combinations, that Crossfires are like snowflakes and no two are exactly alike. We shall henceforth have number plates fashioned to display this uncanny originality.

Since we drive such rare birds, I will also compete in the Bubble-Yum Ball 3000 with a ticket from an anonymous sponsor. So, if you guys want to cut yourselves in a fit of jealous rage, I will completely understand.

I'm not even selling lips, just lip-service.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 PM

hey gramps...the race is from New York to Calofornia.. wake up!!!...if your going to trash talk at least know your facts...the race is in may.....and yes im still in it....
You may get lost on the first day if you believe that.

You are in it and do not know where you are going? They may just change the route for you though if you ask nicely.

See the map in this post.
Gumball 3000 - Official Website

Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Also, the glove box design was changed on the later models, from a full drop-down bin to a simpler hinged door.

Later models also got the rather charming knee-airbag for the driver.

What else, what else... The fuel sending unit changed part numbers in 2006+ Crossfires, as the supplier changed hands.

2007 models with Vanilla interiors received a black steering wheel, while the airbag remained Vanilla

It is quite possible, given the myriad of combinations, that Crossfires are like snowflakes and no two are exactly alike. We shall henceforth have number plates fashioned to display this uncanny originality.

Since we drive such rare birds, I will also compete in the Bubble-Yum Ball 3000 with a ticket from an anonymous sponsor. So, if you guys want to cut yourselves in a fit of jealous rage, I will completely understand.

I'm not even selling lips, just lip-service.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could the biggest difference noticed by the GF been the driver of the other Crossfire which made the overall apearance of the other car seem a little nicer....

Quick Reply: Difference In Appearance Between '04 - '08 Crossfire???