Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Fog lights and Side lights on.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights and Side lights on.

I need a little help please. I came home and my 2004 limited coupe fog lights and right side parking lights were on and the battery was drained with the smell of hot wire. I took the negiative cable off to turn the lights out and the security whistle off after using the key to open the door. After that the fog lights wouldn't come back on but the side lights would when I charged the battery and put the cable back on. I took the fog light fuse out and then put it back in and the fog lights came back on. Now they still won't go out.
I have taken the fuse out of the right side parking lights and fog lights, checked for water leaks, now I need a cure for my problem.
I've owned the car since it was new and only have 11,024 miles on it and I've already replaced the steering wheel lock about 4 months ago. I guess it sits and falls apart if you don't give it attention.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Re: Fog lights and Side lights on.

OK, only help I have is to ask you to make sure the light switch is straight up and pushed in. There is a function to have either left or right parking lights on at one time if turned to the left one or two clicks. Hope you find the gremlin!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by AmCross
I need a little help please. I came home and my 2004 limited coupe fog lights and right side parking lights were on and the battery was drained with the smell of hot wire. I took the negiative cable off to turn the lights out and the security whistle off after using the key to open the door. After that the fog lights wouldn't come back on but the side lights would when I charged the battery and put the cable back on. I took the fog light fuse out and then put it back in and the fog lights came back on. Now they still won't go out.
I have taken the fuse out of the right side parking lights and fog lights, checked for water leaks, now I need a cure for my problem.
I've owned the car since it was new and only have 11,024 miles on it and I've already replaced the steering wheel lock about 4 months ago. I guess it sits and falls apart if you don't give it attention.
My guess would be the security module under the foam in the trunk well. Has it been out in the rain? Water in this well really makes the lights and siren act crazy.
Just sitting there the water eats into the contacts and connections.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
My guess would be the security module under the foam in the trunk well. Has it been out in the rain? Water in this well really makes the lights and siren act crazy.
Just sitting there the water eats into the contacts and connections.
Yeah if the switch check didn't work, that was my next go-to for answers...

Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Switch was in the same spot as three days ago, right in the middle. Also checked other lights by turning left side parking lights on and off, headlights, and turn signals. Works fine.
Yes it has rained, and the trunk area under the foam is my next step. Car works fine without the fuses in, maybe it's trading time and let someone else deal with it!

Last edited by AmCross; 03-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.