Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire in shop after only 1 month

Old 07-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire in shop after only 1 month

Well I have had my Alabaster Crossfire for one month and its already in the shop. When the front end goes over a large bump it sounds like something is loose and moving. After two trips to the dealer they tell me the bushings need to be replaced. They are on order. How can the bushings be out already. Also when I hit the brake on idle there's a noise. When I picked up the car last week all of my cd's were stolen from my glove box. Hope your week was better

Old 07-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Lynn, you have had a bad week. I hope things improve.

I've been fortunate, no major problems in the year I've owned mine. ( he says while knocking on his wooden desk)

Old 07-14-2004, 03:38 PM

Thanks Ray. What would you suggest I do about the stolen cd's? I ve told 3 people at the dealership and it seems no one wants to address the problem. I guess I should contact the owner of the dealership next.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lynn Tassin
Thanks Ray. What would you suggest I do about the stolen cd's? ... I guess I should contact the owner of the dealership next.
Yup - that's what I would do ..... PRONTO ..... face to face. Nicely, but firmly, I would tell the owner about it. (And next time make sure you don't leave anything of value in your car when you take it in!) :wink:

Old 07-14-2004, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by VegasCrossfire
Originally Posted by Lynn Tassin
Thanks Ray. What would you suggest I do about the stolen cd's? ... I guess I should contact the owner of the dealership next.
Yup - that's what I would do ..... PRONTO ..... face to face. Nicely, but firmly, I would tell the owner about it. (And next time make sure you don't leave anything of value in your car when you take it in!) :wink:
I'm sure they'll try to weasle out of doing anything for you with a statement along the lines of "We are not responsible for any items in your vehicle while in our posession". Okay, fine, YOU are not responsible for the actions of all your friends you talk about this with who might chose to car shop and have service done elsewhere.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:42 PM

Lynn - definitely talk to the Manager of the Dealership first, give them the opportunity to resolve the matter quickly. It is simply unacceptable.

By the way, what is your VIN? I am waiting for my Crossfire and I am collecting information on problems I might experience prior to its arrival.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2004, 05:06 PM

My Alabaster coupe was in the shop less than 2 weeks after I bought it, so I got you beat there! Then after being in the shop for 8 days, I got it back for a week before it went back in the shop again.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM

I had the same problem, but I kept the car and drove it unitil the parts came in. It was last July rigtht after i got the car. It took 6 weeks for the parts to come in. Hopefully they have the "in stock" now. Mine had to come from the factory in Germany. They must have sent them by Boat.
Car was and still is fine after the fix.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:45 PM

Wow, surprising to hear you guys having problems so soon. I just drove mine 800 miles this weekend to Northern California and it ran great...

Weird thing tho, the low tire pressure light came on when I started the car on a cold morning and by the time I got to a service station nearby to have them looked at (about 4 miles down the road) the light went away. The tires looked fine to me. I wonder if the sensors got cold or something? Anyway, good thing they come with runflats.

Hope you get your problem resolved with that dealership.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:03 PM

laxfire:

WELCOME :!:

8) We are going to be in your neighborhood Saturday - see "Meets" - Malibu Hook-Up. You should join us - then you'll know what grinning really means :lol: :lol:

The TPM is sensitive to hot and cold - so what you experienced is not necessarily out of the ordinary.

Oh - and just to let you know - unless you got different tires than the rest of us - they aren't run flat. Our dealer told us they were - but they aren't :shock:

Old 07-15-2004, 01:13 PM

Well the tires cetainly are runflats but they are not good runflats. I ran about 1/4 mile on a flat and cut the tire right off the rim.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:17 PM

If Michelin says they are not run flats, and you cut the tire off the rim in 1/4 mile, I'm guessing they are not run flat tires. Could be the reason for the tire pressure sensors and the True Fit set up.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:17 PM

All tires are run flat. If you don't believe me just take a gander at any number of those cop shows and you will see any number of nincompoops zipping merrily about with flats. The only real question is what does it cost to run flat. With some tires you pay before and with others you pay after.

I just wanted to make the point that if you ever find yourself in the situation where you have to run flat with these tires, it is going to cost you the tire in something under a 1/4 mile. My rim survived but I don't think I'd guarantee that in all cases.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:00 PM

My mistake, I thought you were referring to Zero Pressure Technology that allows you to drive up to 50 miles at 55 mph without damaging your wheels, undercarrage, etc.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:01 PM

Hi Lynn,
sorry you had such a dysmal week....I do hope it does get better.
I agree that you should talk directly to the boss in the dealership. The middleman usually just goes by his "book of SOPs".
As far as far as the bushings go I would double check the tire pressures when you get your car back. With the Xfires low profile tires, overinflation can put quite a bit of extra stress in the linkage joints. The wheels on my baby where all quite a few pounds over the recommended pressures.
But 2 weeks is still very very short time.....of course I don't know what the roads in DC are like ;-)

Old 07-15-2004, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny9850
of course I don't know what the roads in DC are like ;-)
Roads? We don't have "roads" in DC. We have small strips of loose pavement between potholes. EXCEPT on avenues such as Florida Av where they've setup automatic speeding ticket cameras.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:03 PM

Wow.......and you guys actually drive your cars on stuff like that ?????????? I could never.....I would move ...Period. ;-)
Actually roads here in the SoCal area are going downhill too.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny9850
Wow.......and you guys actually drive your cars on stuff like that ?????????? I could never.....I would move ...Period. ;-)
Actually roads here in the SoCal area are going downhill too.
Not me...I stay outside the Beltway except in the most rare of occasions. I have one meeting a month at Washington Navy Yard that I can't get out of, and it's close to the border and roads not too bad in/out of there. I'd take the subway, but it's like $10 to park, another $5-6 bucks to ride, AND takes over 1 1/2 hours each way what with all the stops and the train change.

I moved 25 miles west 15 years ago and never regretted it. Used to drive an ambulance all over DC though...really tough on the poor patient.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:38 AM

Ummm are you guys saying the Xfire is an unreliable car? I'm not going to get one if it's going to have to be taken in after two weeks....

Old 07-16-2004, 12:51 AM

The Xfire is EXTREMELY reliable... its a German made vehicle mirrored from the SLK 320... Mercs rarely break... and its strange to come from the factory with ANY errors...

Count on the Xfire to last like a Benz...

Quick Reply: Crossfire in shop after only 1 month