Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What do you think?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

For the past few months I have been reading the posts on here and researching this car finally deciding to hop off the fence and try to work a good deal on an o4 ssb autostick w/ cedar interior. To tell you the truth, they have had the same seven 04's through the length of the summer, this particular one has 14 miles on it and was kept in the show room for the last few months. So far I have them at $30,900 and trying to push $30,500 + ttl. I would like your opinion on this deal: do you think I could negotiate a little more?

Old 07-27-2004, 11:08 PM

No idea how low your particular dealer will go....but based on my experience...no matter how much you end up paying....it's worth every penny

Old 07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In another thread it was just recently announced there is a L6,000 rebate going in the UK. Dunno if big rebates are soon to be coming here to the states too?

I bought mine on Jan 31, then a $2,000 rebate started the next day. Well, I paid UNDER dealer invoice, so I don't feel like I got screwed or anything (taking the rebate I'm sure would have been off MSRP, not invoice).

One thing I've always found, no matter how good a deal you work out, you will ALWAYS be able to find somebody who got a better deal. For me, it's more about the monthly payment than the final price anyway. You can get an awesome deal but if you can't afford the monthly, it don't matter how good the deal. If you want the car, go fo it! You'll be smiling like the rest of us.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I think 30K is too much for an 04. I bought my 04 in April for 29K and even then the dealer said that they are worried about having the 04fs on the lot when the roadster arrived. The red 04 that was on the lot is still there and now on the back lot. By the way youfll always get your best deal during the last few days of the month because of the Dodge/Chrysler dealer quotas and bonus, especially during slow car sales months. The sale of my Crossfire made my dealers quota for the month of April.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say make them your final offer.around 29k,because the cedar int.is not very desireable in ssb.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:51 PM
RGT

Find an employee of DC and ask if they'll let you use the "Friends and family discount".

How? you ask... locate the nearest chrysler plant, (DC website, Google, etc) then find out what local union they have. (again Google, or just call anyone at the factory)
Go to the union hall and tell them "I might want to buy a Chrysler, if someone will let me use the F&F discount it may very well turn me into a loyal customer."

Yes, the F&F can be used for nearly complete strangers. All you need is the employee's name and their code number.

But you may actually get a better price with other discounts or incentives, so do your research.
The F&F price is set. No haggeling.

I've never paid invoice for any new vehicle, no matter who manufactured it. (Working for the world's largest parts company helps!)

Matt