Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dealerships Clueless Need your help. Lug Pattern and offset?

Old 08-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships Clueless Need your help. Lug Pattern and offset?

Looking to purchase some new(smaller) wheels for my crossfire. Does anyone know what the lug style "dont even know what to call it" but i know my old WRX was 5x100 with a 42 offset. Any info would be helpful. Since i asked a MB dealership and Chrysler dealership. THe MB guy argued with me saying it wasnt even the same chasis. :x

Old 08-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Dealerships Clueless Need your help. Lug Pattern and off

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Looking to purchase some new(smaller) wheels for my crossfire. Does anyone know what the lug style "dont even know what to call it" but i know my old WRX was 5x100 with a 42 offset. Any info would be helpful. Since i asked a MB dealership and Chrysler dealership. THe MB guy argued with me saying it wasnt even the same chasis. :x
bolt pattern: 5/112
lug style: bolt
center bore: 66.5
Thread type: 12x1.5
offset: 35

Old 08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dealerships Clueless Need your help. Lug Pattern and off

I looked at rims on www.tirerack.com, they have 13 sets listed. A quick look revealed they all say Bolt Pattern: 5-112. The offset would differ with the style of the replacement rim.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:58 PM

thaks for the resposes. Now if i have a set of 5x100 42 offset would that fit on this car? they are a universal wheel ADR something or another. They are 17's if it makes a difference.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Forum Regular

thaks for the resposes. Now if i have a set of 5x100 42 offset would that fit on this car? they are a universal wheel ADR something or another. They are 17's if it makes a difference.
No. The bolt pattern (5x112) must match exactly. Offset can vary some. It will just make the wheels stick out more or set in towards the center of the car depending on the way you go (assuming the wheel width stays the same). The issue then becomes whether the increase (or decrease) in offset will cause any rubbing problems.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Do you think 17in wheels from a slk320 would fit fine? See im tryin to get 17's on front and back for winter. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-07-2004, 03:24 PM

FWIW, the tirerack told me the ONLY 17 inch wheels that will work on the xfire are the ASA AR1. Ask Kurt at tirerack.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Forum Regular

Don't you hate dealers who can't answer simple questions? Like what is the offset? Thats so basic.

Reminds me of today when I called Dell to ask what Hertz my monitor should be set at.. very basic question as well... but took the technical support guy in India a half hour to figure out what I wanted, and what the answer was...

People just don't care nowadays. The dealer probably could have looked it up, in fact, he HAS to be able to look it up, or how would they fix a damaged car or replace a wheel?? But he was just too lazy and didn't care enough to help you - end of story.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:51 PM

NJspeed69... I agree 110% with you. Check out my "Short Story... Changing Dealers" thread...

Old 08-13-2004, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
Don't you hate dealers who can't answer simple questions? Like what is the offset? Thats so basic.

Reminds me of today when I called Dell to ask what Hertz my monitor should be set at.. very basic question as well... but took the technical support guy in India a half hour to figure out what I wanted, and what the answer was...People just don't care .
I agree strongly. However, if is not so much a question of caring, but rather of finance and budget. Dell and Microsoft have moved many of their Support Help Desks to other countries like India. Not that that is necessarily bad, it saves the company huge amounts of money. The problem arises when employees are hired who have difficulty communicating with their customers. This problem happens all over the world. From the sound of it, several Crossfire owners have reported communication problems with the service mechanics. The solution: move to another Chrysler dealer. With computers: trade your intel based computer in for Macintosh PowerBook G4. You will love the change.