Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

TTTTToast

Old 08-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTTTToast

I just thought I would post a victorious story from Illinois. This smart *** in a new Audi TT pulled up next to me on the highway and gave me the signal that he wanted to 'go'....he then took off. His jump start put him in front for a few moments until I caught that piece of ****. We went from 60-120. I started looking at his lights, ended with him looking at mine. Just thought I would pass along my adrenaline rush story of the day.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular

No offense, but there is a 'racing' section for this kind of post. It helps keep the forum organized.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Heb80
No offense, but there is a 'racing' section for this kind of post. It helps keep the forum organized.
He's not racing, he's making TTToast. :lol:

This is closer to "Reactions and comments to new Crossfire" catagory.

Racing mods and preparations and autocross and roadracing event are for the racing section. 8)

Old 08-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SeaXfire
He's not racing, he's making TTToast. :lol:

This is closer to "Reactions and comments to new Crossfire" catagory.

Racing mods and preparations and autocross and roadracing event are for the racing section. 8)
Racing:
The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

I'd consider this road racing, also known as a "Kill" which is found in the racing section on most automotive forums. Just a thought.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:42 PM

p0wN3d!!! Great job out there Xfire!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 01:10 PM

I enjoy a good race story posted anywhere.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:24 PM

Worth remembering though that there are 4 different TTs.

150hp
180hp
225hp
and the V6.

Having spent considerable time behind the wheel of a 225, you must have come across a 150/180.

Still, a kill's a kill. He's gonna be sore no matter what it was.

Old 08-04-2004, 02:35 PM

Actually all of those TTs will do 120+ some sooner ...some later so the fact that he gave in at 120 could mean he came to his senses and decided a public road is not the place to figure out who's car is faster.....:-)

Having said all that....still is nice to score a road victory

Old 08-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Heb80,

The racing section is absolutely the worst place for such a post. Road racing strictly refers to organized events on race tracks or road courses in controlled situations. Racing forums are the place where responsible folks discuss legal high performance driving experiences. Such people don't want to read kill stories there. As a matter of fact, many forums strictly forbid street racing posts in their racing section, if not from the forum entirely.

If you don't want to hear street racing stories in the main forum, you should petition the moderator to ban such posts entirely since they could be considered improper in any category.

Maybe we should have an entirely different section with the following topics: Street Racing, Kill Stories, Drunk Driving, and Hit-and-Run. :lol:

Old 08-04-2004, 03:10 PM

I believe the 'victim' was driving either the 180 hp or the 225 hp version of the TT. There was no badging declaring anything else. In the states there is no 150HP version. Regardless, the cheapest TT is still more expensive than our rides plus....he started it. :twisted:

Heb....Chill out man. Everything is going to be just fine with your precious little forum. I just wanted to tell everyone my story in the forum where I thought it should be posted. :roll:

Old 08-04-2004, 03:36 PM

In fact, our cars will smoke a 225HP TT.

At least that's what a Road & Track comparo test revealed.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...2003163657.pdf

Old 08-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 2004XFire
Heb....Chill out man. Everything is going to be just fine with your precious little forum. I just wanted to tell everyone my story in the forum where I thought it should be posted. :roll:
I'm not trying to make a big deal about it. I like to read about kills just as much as the next guy, but I was just stating the fact that we have a racing area that I feel this thread fits into better. If you don't see it that way it is fine, I was just making a statement. Post on!

I like organization, thats all.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:36 PM

im with Mexican...
250 hp
0-60 mph in seconds: 6.4
Top track speed: 130 mph
EPA fuel economy estimates (mpg) (city/highway): na

We will mess that TT up after the ECU chip and filter.... plus 130 top speed... bah... thats easy as sin to get after ECU... 145 isnt even stretching it... yet ive never felt it go to fuel cut off yet...

Old 08-04-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
im with Mexican...
250 hp
0-60 mph in seconds: 6.4
Top track speed: 130 mph
EPA fuel economy estimates (mpg) (city/highway): na

We will mess that TT up after the ECU chip and filter.... plus 130 top speed... bah... thats easy as sin to get after ECU... 145 isnt even stretching it... yet ive never felt it go to fuel cut off yet...
1st off let me say congrats to my Illiniois Brotheren But its easy to tell a 225 from a 180. 1 thing did it have dual exhaust? If it did it was a 225 if not it was a 180. That being said dont take a TT lightly. All Audi/Vw take to mods extremely well. A TT with just a GIAC ecu would smoke a XF rolling and especially in a dig. With just the ECU a TT 225 got to a TT260. The Chipped TT would take our chipped XF. Believe it I had a similar ecu upgrade on a 02 Gti 180hp 1.8T i went from being beat by Integra Type R's to Smoking slightly modded Lt1 powered Z28's. From a stop the car sucked nothing but wheel spin. can you say 14.2@103 with a 2.4 60' Foot
:lol: . Had to race everything on a roll. Now im not hating on the XF i love the car. Just saying dont under estimate your opponent. Im hoping for a 14.7 when i go to ol' 1320 with my stock XF. We will see.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:54 PM

The TT had dual exhausts....thus it must have been the 225HP version. This makes the win even cooler! Trust me, I am not underestimating the 'modability' of VW/Audi. I traded in a 'modded' Passat for my Crossfire. I am more than aware of what a few aftermarket parts can do to their performance. The guys today did not appear to be modded. He seemed to be the typical Audi 'Suit' trying to be cool in his TT.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2004XFire
The TT had dual exhausts....thus it must have been the 225HP version. This makes the win even cooler! Trust me, I am not underestimating the 'modability' of VW/Audi. I traded in a 'modded' Passat for my Crossfire. I am more than aware of what a few aftermarket parts can do to their performance. The guys today did not appear to be modded. He seemed to be the typical Audi 'Suit' trying to be cool in his TT.
I was going to lease a 225 TT But with the same factors as the XF It was double the payment. Geez Let me think do i want to pay 300 or 600 :roll:
No brainer! Just got to get stop being razed by my friends saying how slow the car is. :lol: If you in a Integra type r which runs what our cars runs OMG your one fast mother. ANd in our car oh your car is slow i just dont get it :twisted:

Old 08-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We never had rules around here since I became a member 01/2004 I did a post here too where I beat the Z4 roadster and the RX8 with my chip, muffler and K&N

Old 08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
RGT

I wonder if that was the same guy who would only peek at me out of the corner of his eye today on the way home from work.
I thought it was weird how he was obviously trying to not look like he was looking. (if that makes any sense)
Was it a silver convertable? 'Cuz this guy looked spooked!
------------

"If you in a Integra type r which runs what our cars runs OMG your one fast mother. ANd in our car oh your car is slow i just dont get it "
That's because ours look so much faster/ better/ classier etc...

Matt

Old 08-05-2004, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by RGT
I wonder if that was the same guy who would only peek at me out of the corner of his eye today on the way home from work.
I thought it was weird how he was obviously trying to not look like he was looking. (if that makes any sense)
Was it a silver convertable? 'Cuz this guy looked spooked!
------------

"If you in a Integra type r which runs what our cars runs OMG your one fast mother. ANd in our car oh your car is slow i just dont get it "
That's because ours look so much faster/ better/ classier etc...

Matt
Glad that you like my comment It's true though.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:11 PM

As a TT driver I find this type of post quite funny. If indeed the car you met was a 225 (stock or modified) there is only 1 possibility - the driver was less than able :roll:

Any 225 TT out there can take a (non-SRT) Crossfire from any speed to any speed, assuming drivers of equal ability of course.

Don't trust my info? Come to Houston and we'll settle it