Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

[b]Does your dealer know how to service your CF?[/b]

Old 08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default [b]Does your dealer know how to service your CF?[/b]

Does your dealer know how to service your CF? Well my dealer doesnft. I scheduled a oil change and Schedule B service visit with my local Five Star (laugh) Dodge Chrysler dealer so my wife could take the car over on her day off and have it serviced. When I scheduled the appointment I had them price out the oil and filter, the total with labor was suppose to be around $60. My wife called me as soon as she got home with the car to let me know it was done. I ask her how much they charged her, just to make sure they stayed around the $60 quote, and she said $33. I knew something was wrong and had her read off the parts used portion of the bill, it turned out they used 5W-30W instead of the 0W-40W Synthetic. I immediately called the dealer and informed them that they installed the wrong oil and that my wife was on her way back with the car. They called the Star hotline and were instructed to flush the engine with JB engine flush and refill it with Mobil 0W-40W as required. When I got the car home I found the window fluid low, the FSS not reset, grease on my headliner, and Ifll bet they didnft properly torque the drain plug. Needles to say, I am now in a quandary as to who to take my car to for future service. So beware just because you buy the car there doesnft mean they know anything about serving it correctly, a problem that I suspect will be common with all CF owners. :evil:

Old 08-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idaho:

this has been discussed many times on this forum. You may want to use the search function to read some of the posts.

I can't believe they put in the wrong oil.....

You will get a card from D/C asking how you are being treated. Make sure you are honest. And I would write to D/C and tell them your experiences. Supposedly, they are trying to make "5 Star" mean something and maybe will come down hard on a dealer that obviously knows so little about a vehicle.

There are some really great dealers/service out there. It is time to find another dealer.

Good luck.

Old 08-11-2004, 04:07 AM

The answer is no! I'm getting ready to have a meeting with the service manager at my dealer. My Xfire has had a pinging sound since I bought it. Every time I bring it in I get the "it's at spec" speech. I took it to a Mercedes repair shop, they hear the noise that the Chrysler dealer can't. 5 star means nothing!

Old 08-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if the XFs could be serviced at M.B dealers Wouldn't that be concidered a factory service ?

Old 08-11-2004, 10:22 AM

Why don't you go try it and let us know how it goes, Dan.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DC dealer is fine,and the nearest MB dealer is 30Miles south.But i do know some fine M.B.independent locals.