Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

1st maintenance question

Old 08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st maintenance question

Hey everyone, I purchased my Crossfire with 900 miles on it from a local dealer that collects Mopar vehicles. He has a Prowler, Viper and many others but his garage was loaded and he decided to let this one go. I was just wondering when is the first mileage intervial for the oil change and whatever else gets done. Thanks Mike

P.S. I looked in the maintenance manual guidelines and it shows the "A" and "B" schedule but I must have missed the mileage count. I have 1200 miles on it now.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1st maintenance question

Originally Posted by FULLDRAW
Hey everyone, I purchased my Crossfire with 900 miles on it from a local dealer that collects Mopar vehicles. He has a Prowler, Viper and many others but his garage was loaded and he decided to let this one go. I was just wondering when is the first mileage intervial for the oil change and whatever else gets done. Thanks Mike

P.S. I looked in the maintenance manual guidelines and it shows the "A" and "B" schedule but I must have missed the mileage count. I have 1200 miles on it now.
since this is a big warrenty issue, it's best to follow the book and be able to prove you did. the machine will tell you when it wants new oil by putting a wrench sign in the odometer box. some of us, however, think a very early first change is a good idea to get any break-in stuff. i think the book says to expect it to ask for changes between 4 and 7K miles or somesuch depending....way longer than the 3kish that dealers push.

i think it wants mobile-one synthetic too.

dan

Old 08-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1st maintenance question

Originally Posted by FULLDRAW
Check the section of the book regarding the Flexible Service Schedule. It's an automated system that tracks your driving habits and the oil quality and self-adjusts to recommend service intervals. The default is 7000 miles, but that can adjust up or down. I'm currently at ~8300 miles and FSS is recommending I service the car 600 miles from now. You can read the FSS counter any time by pressing the button to the left of the odometer twice quickly.

Also, did you know your car has and electronic oil level display? Yep, it can check your oil level without you ever opening the hood or getting your hands dirty handling the dipstick!

There's probably a sticker under the hood (there is on mine, on the horizontial support right above the radiator) recommending Mobil-1 synthetic 0W40 oil. Mopar also offers a 0W40 synthetic (probably what you'd get if dealership services).

There have been numerous threads about oil changes where you can read much more. In particular, try using the search tool in the Tech section of the forum.