Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Lowered Springs for sale soon

Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowered Springs for sale soon

My XF has lowered springs fitted to it when I bought her a year ago.

I've put 20,000 UK miles on it and the tyre wear is totally even all round... just put a new set of Dunlops on her now.

I'm re registering the vehicle in Poland soon and have acquired a set of standard springs, as the Polish roads are..... simply dreadful.......... and I don't want to wear a spinal board for the rest of my life....

The ride is TOTALLY PRECISE and she has zero body roll and drives like on rails with the lowered springs.
She is lowered to the point where the tops of the tyres are approx flush with the tops of the arches, and there is suspension movement, OK for UK and USA roads for sure.....
but a week driving in Poland will leave you needing Spinal Traction for months ha ha........

*****If any one is interested in the set of these springs and the shocks that are on her as a complete set of parts..... make me an offer + freight... The vehicle has recently passed an MOT -
(annual UK road inspection from the Ministry of Transport - for you USA guys out there)
And the springs were thoroughly groped and checked by the examiner, as these items are a known failure on Merc SLK's and Crossfires...

I live in the South of England - Dorset, and can freight these in a few weeks when I've changed them.

Regards

Grant B

Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantB
My XF has lowered springs fitted to it when I bought her a year ago.

I've put 20,000 UK miles on it and the tyre wear is totally even all round... just put a new set of Dunlops on her now.

I'm re registering the vehicle in Poland soon and have acquired a set of standard springs, as the Polish roads are..... simply dreadful.......... and I don't want to wear a spinal board for the rest of my life....

The ride is TOTALLY PRECISE and she has zero body roll and drives like on rails with the lowered springs.
She is lowered to the point where the tops of the tyres are approx flush with the tops of the arches, and there is suspension movement, OK for UK and USA roads for sure.....
but a week driving in Poland will leave you needing Spinal Traction for months ha ha........

*****If any one is interested in the set of these springs and the shocks that are on her as a complete set of parts..... make me an offer + freight... The vehicle has recently passed an MOT -
(annual UK road inspection from the Ministry of Transport - for you USA guys out there)
And the springs were thoroughly groped and checked by the examiner, as these items are a known failure on Merc SLK's and Crossfires...

I live in the South of England - Dorset, and can freight these in a few weeks when I've changed them.

Regards

Grant B
Interested but unsure of the freight to us from you. It will probably be close to the value? Any chance of checking feight charges to us? Oklahoma city, OK, 73160 postal code? Thanks

Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowered Springs for sale soon

I'm interested, my parents live in Downham Market near King's Lynn so I can have the parts shipped to them and then they can forward them to me through the USAF mailing system.