CrossfireForum.org

Register Photos FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read vBLiveVendor Directory
- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Cars > Crossfire Coupe

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Default While driving press the Gas to accelerate and the car just revs high

While driving in any gear and above 20 mph, I press the gas pedal beyond a 1/4 inch and the car revs high and accelerates slowly. If I let off the pedal and press it again it will accelerate normal. The BAS/ESP is on. No codes, as I recently cleaned the MAF and resolved the air pump and egr valve codes. The car has no mods, 05, manual, 257,000 miles, 1 owner (me). Never touch by anyone, but me. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Tried all the suggestions for the BAS/ESP light fix, to no avail.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Default Re: While driving press the Gas to accelerate and the car just revs high

i would check the clutch first.god luck
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Re: While driving press the Gas to accelerate and the car just revs high

257,000 miles........congratulations!!!!!:d
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljay View Post
While driving in any gear and above 20 mph, I press the gas pedal beyond a 1/4 inch and the car revs high and accelerates slowly. If I let off the pedal and press it again it will accelerate normal. The BAS/ESP is on. No codes, as I recently cleaned the MAF and resolved the air pump and egr valve codes. The car has no mods, 05, manual, 257,000 miles, 1 owner (me). Never touch by anyone, but me. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Tried all the suggestions for the BAS/ESP light fix, to no avail.
Go with post #2.
It is pretty obvious that the weakness is between the engine and the rear wheels. If the clutch is working then there is a direct relationship between engine revs and the cars speed.
You really know this having driven the car all those miles.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
- John F. Kennedy

Helpful hints.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Forum Regular

Clutch. Problem usually gets progressively worse and begins under load in higher gears. If the problem is intermittent check for ice under rear wheels.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:28 AM

At 257,000 does your car ever need any oil to be added between oil changes?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Classic symptom of needing clutch and pressure plate.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmost60 View Post
i would check the clutch first.god luck
Definitely sounds like a new clutch is in order.

Congrats on hitting 257,000 miles on the original one!

'05 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster//6MT, 130K+ miles
EUROCHARGED

"The undisturbed mind is like the calm body water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind and you will realize the undisturbed mind." - Yagyu Jubei
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Holliday LLC

Any "smell" associated with the high reving? Like a brake burning smell. With miles, I would certainly think a clutch would be the problem

'05 Black Xfire #59312 SRT6 Roadster
Needswings Dual CAI-Code 3 SC Pulley-Sprint Booster- LET CustomTune-Needswings Catch Can, R1 Concept drilled rotors,Axxis brake pads, Goodrich brake lines, Castrol SBF, 240 manis, psk, Goodyear F1 GS D3'sb, Wavetrac
12.22ET @ 113.81 Mph (1.74 60')Street tires
'05 Blue xfire #42796 SRT6 Coupe
Needswings Dual CAI-Karmann 62mm SC Pulley-Sprint Booster-Needswings Catch Can-Needswings Manis, Needswings Cooling separation-Eurocharged Tune-wavetrac-psk
Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 PM

No oil needed between oil changes, even with the leaky oil filler valve cover. Thanks for all the replies. I will start with the clutch. Any suggestions for a High performance clutch. I think after driving it pretty hard there was a smell. I just and I mean just finished replacing the motor mounts. That was a Bit**!. 5 hours for the drivers side to get it off and 20 minutes to but the car back together. I love my car. It rides just like when I bought it new.

Once again, thank you guys for all the help. You all really do not know how many people you help. Keep UP the excellent work.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljay View Post
No oil needed between oil changes, even with the leaky oil filler valve cover. Thanks for all the replies. I will start with the clutch. Any suggestions for a High performance clutch. I think after driving it pretty hard there was a smell. I just and I mean just finished replacing the motor mounts. That was a Bit**!. 5 hours for the drivers side to get it off and 20 minutes to but the car back together. I love my car. It rides just like when I bought it new.

Once again, thank you guys for all the help. You all really do not know how many people you help. Keep UP the excellent work.
Rockauto.com has the Brute Power clutch kit for $670.79 and an Exedy clutch kit for $681.79. There's another brand that has a kit for under $400, I just can't remember the brand, or their quality.

Not sure about the flywheel, it's supposed to be lifetime, but I'd have that checked out too, especially since they go for over a grand, yikes!

'05 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster//6MT, 130K+ miles
EUROCHARGED

"The undisturbed mind is like the calm body water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind and you will realize the undisturbed mind." - Yagyu Jubei
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 AM

At 257,000 miles you gotta be the record holder......have you ever had to replace the timing chain?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM

I have a 2004 with 161k, auto, and it did the same thing to me. I tried to accelerate and it just revved at me. Then it worked fine a few seconds later. Any ideas on what it could be?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine8680 View Post
I have a 2004 with 161k, auto, and it did the same thing to me. I tried to accelerate and it just revved at me. Then it worked fine a few seconds later. Any ideas on what it could be?
Low tranny fluid?

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
- John F. Kennedy

Helpful hints.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to itsky Send a message via Yahoo to itsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
Low tranny fluid?
I would have to agree with 180

2005 SRT-6 Roadster | Dual Needswings CAI - Silver thermal coating
Needswings Oil Catch Can | 62mm Karmen Supercharger Pulley
latemodel21's PSK | Eurocharged Tuned
SL55 Fuel Pump | Custom map and license plate LED
Windrestrictor with "Glow Module"

2014 Dodge Charger SRT-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahh6JSY_Nwk

Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Could be a sticking solenoid or sticky valve body controling shifts I have that issue intermittently with a 2002 Volvo V70.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular

Take the car out of N shift into 1st gear and see what happens
Lol I'm only kidding , Congrats on 257k I wouldn't ever imagine a sports car making that mileage
Is this your first trans issue? If so it just goes to show the strength of a Mercedes-Benz trans
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM

Thanks I'll have it checked.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Back with results of my slipping clutch. This weekend the clutch finally went. Driving along and clutch falls to the floor and would not return. Done. I thought it might be the master cylinder, but it was not. It is the slave. Evidence is found the tranny housing and no brake fluid in the brake master cylinder. New Clutch coming and I'm happy it was not a tranny problem. I will be rolling again in about a week. Oh, before it went BAS/ESP light went out by itself. About 3 days before. Go figure.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Advertisement