Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Winter Driving?

Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Driving?

I live in the temperature-extreme city of Denver. I have noticed quite a few of you owners are from snowy states. For those of you who actually drive the XF in winter, how does it handle? Any suggestions other than garaging the car during winter, which is not an option for me?

Thanks,
Baz

Old 08-16-2004, 09:11 AM

bazyar -

I live in Korea, not quite as much snow but alot of ice and very, very cold.

I too am attempting to decide what to do about winter. The wheel and tire availability in Korea is limited particularly on Michelin Pilot Sport 19" and parking my car just is not an option. There is a post not more than a week or so old wherein dicussion about 18" wheels all around is discussed. One of the original forum members jsisabella has placed 18" wheels on the rear with Dunlop Snow Tires. He also stated that he placed about 15k in the cargo area and the Crossfire drove quite well. Good news indeed. Send him an email, he has an active post regarding "standards." He is most helpful and I am sure he will give you further details.

Let me know what you decide to do. Since I live in a apartment building complex I am limited to the space. Therefore, I can't by an extra round of tires and spares.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:31 AM

For starters, here in New England my dealer brings all his Xfires in with the optional Conti ASP tires.
As to experience, hopefully others can help.
LOL

Old 08-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Forum Regular

bazyar:

I drove my car everyday but two last winter.

The Conti's are an all weather tire, but not really a snow tire. Jut keep that in mind.

I bought some 18" wheels and 4 Dunlop snow tires, put some weight in the trunk and had no problem. If you watch ebay or the parts for sale section here, you can get some good deals on wheels.

This has been discussed at length. At the top of the screen is a search button. If you enter snow tires and/or winter driving as search words, you can check out the discussion.

If you have any questions, just ask!

:-)

Old 08-19-2004, 07:48 AM

At 7 tonigth I will pick up my new Crossfire coupe an hope to have a great time with it.

I could have had it before but before buying it, I wanted to make sure I could get real winter tires and my dealer, Trois Diamants Autos, found out that Continental is now producing a 19" winter tire.

I wanted to make sure because with the cold temperature and snow we get in Qubec You have to have winter tires.

Centaurv