Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

TTToast Part II

Old 08-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTToast Part II

OK TT owners and supporters...yesterday I was driving home from work (here in Chandler, AZ) and stopped to get something to eat. There was a gray TT with the liscence plate "TTOO HOTT", a 1.8T engine (I think the 1.8T has two different HP ratings - I don't know which one this was). The guy saw my car and waved, and I waved back, and then he pointed at the road, asking "wanna' go?" I nodded, and we pulled out onto Arizona ave and raced from a stoplight to the intersection of I-10 - about 2.5 miles. I don't know how his car was set up - mine is a completely stock (no chip, no fancy air filters, no nothing) autostick, and I don't have a lot of experience racing - I guess you could say I'm a regular driver who knows how to jump his car off the line. This race was not close - my crossfire took him off the line with ease, and I got to the intersection several car lengths in front of him. There were no lights ands no other traffic, so it was a clean, fast race. Take that for what it's worth - I'm not claiming my car is faster than a TT, or anything like that. In fact, I like TT's - very cool styling, and a lovely interior. However, my car (with me driving) is faster than at least that TT (with him driving).

I actually enjoy having other car loyalists here dropping us a line - I don't mind a pissing contest, as long as we're all civil about it. And TTOO HOTT, if you ever want to go again, I appreciate the classy race, and would love to do it again. I'm sure the car's travelling in the other direction got a real thrill at seeing our beautiful machines dueling safely at over 100mph

Old 08-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TTToast Part II

Originally Posted by XethW
There was a gray TT with the liscence plate "TTOO HOTT"
Just curious, what state allows 8 letters and a space? Wow... I noticed you work in Chandler and live in Tucson? That's a lot of miles, over 200 a day round trip!!! You gotta be rackin up the miles.
'04 Coupe SSB 6-Speed #02815
Crossfire International (XFi)Charter Member
Lights on... Wings up... Let's go!!!
(It's A Hook-Up Thing)
"Left Coast Hook-Up" Survivor... May 15, 2004
"Malibu Canyon Hook-Up" Survivor... Jul 17, 2004
"Phoenix Ice Cream-Up" Survivor... Jul 31, 2004
"LV Aw Shucks-Up" Survivor... Aug 21, 2004

Old 08-28-2004, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
There was a gray TT with the liscence plate "TTOO HOTT"
Just curious, what state allows 8 letters and a space? Wow... I noticed you work in Chandler and live in Tucson? That's a lot of miles, over 200 a day round trip!!! You gotta be rackin up the miles.
I actually live in Chandler now. Moved up here about three weeks ago (for those of you who live in Chandler, if you've seen a graphite Xfire zipping around town, that's me). I've changed my signature to avoid further confusion - my apologies.

The plate was an Arizona plate...I suppose it's possible it didn't have a space, or maybe I'm adding a T somewhere or my brain is filling in a vowel that wasn't there - I remember TTOO HOTT, but there's no guarantee my merory is accurate - lots of pot in my high school days ops:

If I'm remembering wrong, it wouldn't surprise me - I really only looked at the back of his car for a moment or two while we were parked. He, on the other hand, can probably quote my plate with 100% accuracy - he got a nice long look at my rear end :twisted:

Old 08-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha. Now that your closer.... the "Sin City Hook-Up" is only two weeks away!!!! Still time to make plans and it's an easy 5 drive... :wink:

'04 Coupe SSB 6-Speed #02815
Crossfire International (XFi)Charter Member
Lights on... Wings up... Let's go!!!
(It's A Hook-Up Thing)
"Left Coast Hook-Up" Survivor... May 15, 2004
"Malibu Canyon Hook-Up" Survivor... Jul 17, 2004
"Phoenix Ice Cream-Up" Survivor... Jul 31, 2004
"LV Aw Shucks-Up" Survivor... Aug 21, 2004

Old 08-28-2004, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Gotcha. Now that your closer.... the "Sin City Hook-Up" is only two weeks away!!!! Still time to make plans and it's an easy 5 drive... :wink:
Can't make that hookup - made plans back in June. But I am keeping my eye out for futher valley area events - I'm gonna' be at quite a few

Old 08-28-2004, 07:16 PM

OK TT owners and supporters...yesterday I was driving home from work (here in Chandler, AZ) and stopped to get something to eat. There was a gray TT with the liscence plate "TTOO HOTT", a 1.8T engine (I think the 1.8T has two different HP ratings - I don't know which one this was). The guy saw my car and waved, and I waved back, and then he pointed at the road, asking "wanna' go?" I nodded, and we pulled out onto Arizona ave and raced from a stoplight to the intersection of I-10 - about 2.5 miles. I don't know how his car was set up - mine is a completely stock (no chip, no fancy air filters, no nothing) autostick, and I don't have a lot of experience racing - I guess you could say I'm a regular driver who knows how to jump his car off the line. This race was not close - my crossfire took him off the line with ease, and I got to the intersection several car lengths in front of him.
nice....but i'm a 100% sure what you raced was a FWD Auto 180hp version. The turbos combined with a manual transmission and 225hp are very quick launchers. In fact the strongest section of the TT's performance off the line is the launch....AWD and the turbo kick do it. Most TT drivers who will challenge someone to a "race" will launch at 3000RPM and not much can get as good of a launch as that....

if you said you caught up with him in the latter section of the race, then i wouldn't be so sure....but the fact that you said you were ahead of him from the get go makes me positive you took on an Auto 180.

cheers

Old 08-28-2004, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by eversoTTrevolutionso
nice....but i'm a 100% sure what you raced was a FWD Auto 180hp version. The turbos combined with a manual transmission and 225hp are very quick launchers. In fact the strongest section of the TT's performance off the line is the launch....AWD and the turbo kick do it. Most TT drivers who will challenge someone to a "race" will launch at 3000RPM and not much can get as good of a launch as that....

if you said you caught up with him in the latter section of the race, then i wouldn't be so sure....but the fact that you said you were ahead of him from the get go makes me positive you took on an Auto 180.

cheers
Makes sense to me - thanks for the information I will refer to it as such in the future. I would love to know if he had any mods or anything done to it. I really wish we had the aftermarket you guys do - TTs can be turned into real monsters.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:33 PM

Makes sense to me - thanks for the information I will refer to it as such in the future. I would love to know if he had any mods or anything done to it. I really wish we had the aftermarket you guys do - TTs can be turned into real monsters.
just so you know for future encounters:

1 tailpipe = 180hp (auto or manual if early years)
2 tailpipes = 225hp (6 speed only)

some 180 owners do have double tailpipes, but it's very rare.

i'm sure your aftermarket parts will build up, after more Xfires are on the roads...

cheers!

Old 08-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If thats the case, I'll keep beating the 180's...it's still a TT anyway :lol:

Old 08-28-2004, 09:51 PM

So what if it was a stock 180 TT. Price tag versus price tag....the 180TT and the Crossfire look pretty similar. Congrats on the victory.