Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bungled Delivery

Old 08-31-2004, 05:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bungled Delivery

G'day

Firstly these are great forums, I have enjoyed reading all the posts. I went to pick up my new crossfire only to discover a scuff on the leather seat on the drivers side. It will be interesting to see how they try and fix it.

Is there anyway to fix a genuine scuff on leather?

The sales guy also said he had never heard of any luggage coming with the crossfire. Is this true (anyone in Australia received the luggage)?

The other bungle was that they didn't have the keys to move some of the cars to get it out of the showroom, 5 star dealership ... what a joke.

Counting the sleeps until I have it!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if the scuff is into the leather...the area will be sanded down and repainted to match the original leather color.

i would try 409 on the leather if the scuff/mark is just on the surface.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:01 AM

Since its under warranty just complain and it'll be their problem to figuire out how to fix it or replace the seat covering

Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by jas142
Since its under warranty just complain and it'll be their problem to figuire out how to fix it or replace the seat covering
Everyone I know has recieved the luggage with their purchase. In fact, mine came only two weeks from the day of purchase.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on your new Crossfire and welcome to the forum Please don't miss to look at the TSB section in this forum for more useful info about your Crossfire or use the "search" button for other info.

Happy driving and enjoy!

Old 08-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sales guy also said he had never heard of any luggage coming with the crossfire. Is this true (anyone in Australia received the luggage)?
Check your window sticker under "Interior Features". If "touring gear" is listed then you are entitled to the luggage.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:49 PM

Hows this ... The guy at the dealership tells me it's normal. Every 6 times you get in the car you will mark & scuff the leather (which incidently looks like someone has dragged a screwdriver across it).

Funny how nothing at all can be done to fix it until you ask for your money back. They are getting a leather upholsterer to come & have a look at it tomorrow.

Scuderia Veloce Chatswood NSW -> 5 star knuckleheads.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by AerialChilli
Hows this ... The guy at the dealership tells me it's normal. Every 6 times you get in the car you will mark & scuff the leather (which incidently looks like someone has dragged a screwdriver across it).

Old 08-31-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just traded in a car with 13,300 miles on without a mark on the drivers seat ! TELL the dealer to fix or Replace BEFORE YOU BUY !

Old 09-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Default For what it is worth

Leather damage can be repaired. If the dealership is worth while, it would have cantracts with venders for these problems. (ie. often in the USA, the prep guys will remove the seat plastic with utility knives and cut the leather.) Most of these issues are repaired before you ever even see the vehicles. I hate to say it, but I work with many dealerships and I hear the war stories.

I have some a great leather company that I work with in Maryland, USA called the LEATHER MEDICS. Talk about miracle work.

But, if you purchase that vehicle....make them put in writing on the purchase contract fix and/or replace... and make them give you a time frame you can live with. Again they NEVER want to lose a sale.

Regards,