Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: Which Dealer Services My Car?
The Purchase Dealer, There is an Implied Obligation
6.25%
The closest Chrysler Dealer
9.38%
Which ever Chrysler Dealer actually provides me with good service
84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Which Dealer Must Service My Crossfire?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Dealer Must Service My Crossfire?

Do you feel that you need to take your Crossfire back to the dealer you bought it from? Is there some obligation implied?

Would other Chrysler dealers refuse to honor your warranty repairs?

Do you "owe" it to the dealer?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Forum Regular

I will give the "selling" dealer the 1st chance at service. One of the reasons I chose to buy the car there is because of the reputation of the service department. If they will not do an adequate job, then I will find another dealer to do the work. So far, that has not been the case.

If another Chrysler dealer would ever refuse to honor the warranty, I would be on the phone to a regional D/C rep, followed up with a formal complaint in writing.

In my opinion, once the dealer has been paid for the vehicle, that transaction is complete - The service department is a completely separate part of the dealership.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Default NO

Customer Service is the most IMPORTANT for my money....If the dealer I go to has the best price, I would buy. If the dealer down the street or across town is better or has better customer service...I am there for the service.(IMO)

I totally agree with the above post......

Regards,

Old 09-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Chrysler dealership that sells and services Crossfires is required to honor your warranty... no if's and's or but's about it. That way of thinking went out the window many many years ago. You owe nothing to anyone... it's your car and your money, take it wherever you feel the most comfortable.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:17 PM

We bought our car where we got our best deal (around here nobody would budge from at least $5000 over sticker except this dealer). As far as service, we got 2 Free Oil Changes, so we will go there for the free oil changes. After that .... who knows? One of our forum members works at a local agency - we just might start going there for service (too bad we didn't know him when we were looking to buy our XF).
I agree with the others ... go where you feel most comfortable. They must all take care of your warranty issues! Of course, some service departments are a lot more able to than others.

Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 PM

After establishing a relationship with the selling dealership prior to my purchase, I set an appointment to buy my Crossfire on a Saturday morning. While I was on the lot admiring other cars & asking to price out a car they didn't have on their lot... the General Manager perceived that as waffling & said "There is a guy on the phone at another dealer who wants your car. I just sold it". I called B.S. standing in his office with checkbook in hand wanting to buy the car.
I don't belive for a second that there was another customer. I feel they were affraid of losing a customer. The irony is.... I am telling everyone I know, never to go to that dealler again! (David Ellis Chrysler in Canoga Park, Calif.) Now I go to Buerge Chrysler in Santa Monica, Calif. where I'm treated great! (my car is there now).

Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Banned

I can't complain my dealer trys and most of the time they do ok.I don't like the way they detail though.I'm too picky on that.No free wash please!

They made the deal that another dealer offered but couldn't deliver!And even got the car I wanted without a DEPOSIT.Just my word that if it's right I'll do it !

Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by GoodEnough
The irony is.... I am telling everyone I know, never to go to that dealler again! (David Ellis Chrysler in Canoga Park, Calif.) Now I go to Buerge Chrysler in Santa Monica, Calif. where I'm treated great! (my car is there now).
That's a shame - because this dealership was highly recommended by someone else on the forum not too long ago. Nobody likes to be "hustled". What are these guys thinking? :roll:

Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 PM
RGT

Buy it where you get the best price, get your work done where they have the best service department.
They don't care about you, it's all about the money!

I'm in the auto industry, believe me, there is no such thing as loyalty. if we get your money now, that's all that matters.
Get the best deal you can, wherever you can.

Matt
By the way- the company I work for isn't DC!

Old 09-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The poll is missing another option that some have mentioned on this forum. Taking the car to a Mercedes dealer to have it serviced because its really an SLK inside.

Has anyone had their Crossfire serviced at a Mercedes dealer? Any stories? Thanks

Old 09-04-2004, 01:26 PM

A 'good' dealership will try to satisfy you on both the sales and service side. The two go hand in hand. If you are well serviced with this car, and perceive a good value on the sale, they know you are more likely to come back the next time you are vehicle shopping. You would THINK they'd understand if they treat you poorly on either sales or service that they lose you. Unfortunately they know there are many saps out there that will take what they offer and not shop around (for sales OR service), and blindly return even when not well treated.

I too would be interested to hear stories of Crossfire service at a M/B dealership. I would EXPECT the service to be a higher quality experience, but also with a higher price ticket. Although, there's probably some smart M/B dealers that see this Crossfire as introducing people to the "M/B experience" and would be anxious to treat us well and move us in the future into THEIR models.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:49 PM

I think this poll is a given... You owe the dealer nothing. Go wherever the best service is.... every 5 Star Chrysler Dealership that sells the XF is obligated to honor your warranty, regardless if you bought the car there or not.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
I think this poll is a given... You owe the dealer nothing. Go wherever the best service is.... every 5 Star Chrysler Dealership that sells the XF is obligated to honor your warranty, regardless if you bought the car there or not.
Does that mean that the non 5 Star dealerships do not have to honor your warranty? Because the dealer that is closest to us is not 5 Star. Obviously, we have never taken our car there yet.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:57 PM

oppps.... :wink: My mistake, drop the 5 Star part... any Chrysler dealer that sells the XF is obligated to honor your warranty.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
RGT

Originally Posted by David Burns
A 'good' dealership will try to satisfy you on both the sales and service side. The two go hand in hand. If you are well serviced with this car, and perceive a good value on the sale, they know you are more likely to come back the next time you are vehicle shopping. You would THINK they'd understand if they treat you poorly on either sales or service that they lose you.
Very true!
My wife likes Pontiacs, she's driven them for years. She loves her '04 Bonneville SSEi, but after being treated very poorly in the service department she has been looking to trade it in. I don't think she'll ever buy another Pontiac, which is exactly what I told the dealership's owner and the district rep.
An apology and a free oil change just ain't enough to win back a customers loyalty!

Matt

Old 09-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Forum Regular

I was under the impression that only "5 Star" dealers were eligible to sell and maintain Crossfires. Is that not correct?

And I am sure that you could convince a M/B dealer to service your car, but no warranty work can be done there. And there is the possibility that M/B service work could void the warranty.

Is it worth the risk?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer wasn't 5 star but had lots of Crossfires and Vipers and even the new Viper Truck. Got mine 02-28-04
http://www.randallnoe.com/

Old 09-05-2004, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
I was under the impression that only "5 Star" dealers were eligible to sell and maintain Crossfires. Is that not correct?
Don't think so. I bought mine at a non 5 star dealership, they had plenty in stock and even a Crossfire tech on their service staff. They just haven't pursued becoming "5 star" cause they were a combo delearship, probably sell 10 Nissan's for every 1 Chrysler they move (a guess based on # of cars on the lot). And reading the warranty book, it says I can take my car to ANY Chrysler dealer for warranty service, not ONLY 5 star dealers.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Forum Regular

OK - I stand corrected.

That is good to know.

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:22 AM

When I owned Fords, I had a dealership which worked on them for me, but neither time did I buy a car from them.

I have yet to take the Crossfire into a dealership (tomorrow, ack! sicne my check cngine light came on), but am planning to start with the one closest to my home.

If I don't like the service, I'll try another.

Quick Reply: Which Dealer Must Service My Crossfire?