Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hey check out my New Intakes

Old 09-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey check out my New Intakes

Just click on my album, or you can look in the general picture area. Please let me know what you think. Thank all.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i miss the pretty engine cover...

i would like to see if there are any performance gains with the change.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude that looks crazy have you noticed any differencein performance also what are the silicon hoses attached to? THey are notattachd to the grill intakes still are they b/c that would still be the same amount of air coming in. Just curious on nowthe system works.

Old 09-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Forum Regular

Saskins,

Where did you get the induction kit and how much did you pay for it?

I assume you are noticing a difference in performance, or is it just cosmetic?

Old 09-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Forum Regular

Well Actually I make them. So cost..... was quite great. Having made about 1000 Prototypes. I finally landed on something that works. Tonight actually HDDP and I went for a little run through some canyons were I live in Valencia. I have to say, they are very smooth. The car idled better, it accelerated for days, and shifted a whole lot smoother. It seemed to me that if you own this car, you should have it. Reason being, all the little complaints, that I think we all share in. all seemed to go away. It really was thrilling seeing my creation in action. All though I was a bit nervouse. Only because I didn't want this one to fale. However I'm not nervouse any more, because I got the results I wanted. It handled everything I through at it, and handled it like a champ.Also it ran much, much cooler. Ususally it would be at the half way mark, or a little over on the gage. Tonight it was almost a mark and a half under the middle. That was cool to watch. I kept thinking it would go up. It never moved. So I am one happy camper.
Thank you for the question.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

can you post a picture looking down on the engine....where are the air filters?

Old 09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Banned

Are they three inch pipes?

Old 09-03-2004, 11:03 AM

Any chance of using some light weight polished/brushed tubing down the road? I think it would look much more professional that way. My hat's off to you on the project. Any chance of posting some clearer photos? Thanks

Old 09-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks guys,
New pictures are in the works. Sorry I really had no time what so ever when I took those pictures. As far as a brushed aluminum pipe. That's what I'm using. In my mind that look would be less professonal. So I used a ceramic base, and painted them Fire Engine Red. As far as light weight. Any 3" dual long travel intake is going to weigh a little something. Unless you go the cheesy route with PVC. Its lighter, but well I'll just say it. Its crap. I used PVC For a mach up, never as a finished product.

Old 09-06-2004, 07:51 PM

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of hsp. have you gained?

Old 09-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

I haven't dynoed it yet, but from my experience with air intakes. The crossfire has been the most responsive to the modificaition. I would guess it to be probably about 17 HP gain. I have done a lot of these things. The avg. is usually around 12-15. So I can't wait to get this on the dyno.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:42 PM

so would you consider your mod a "cold air" or a "short ram" type?

Old 09-07-2004, 02:21 PM

are you planning on selling these? and if so how much? or if not can you tell us how you made them?

Old 09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Say Saskins, call me because I have a machine shop that can make the intake cover in aluminum and will look much more stock than the 3' pipe T that you have ! I'm asking for you input for this but you have not responded yet.I have a why to keep the stock cover just for looks !But I need to know if all will be worth it !

Old 09-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Default also interested.

i think everyone is interested in your innovation there saskin. i would certainly be willing to compensate you for your time and knowledge if it will help this car accelerate some, dig.

also i would like to apologise to everyone, for i have just been informed that ive been yelling at you all this time. no more capital letters here.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Forum Regular

LOL . I hear no yelling. I always use them capital letters. Oh wait does that mean I'm yelling RIGHT NOW. LOL. Hey Dan, Dude I'm sorry I haven't called you. I've been extremely busy trying to line stuff up, so I can efficiently put all of this together for everyone. Because I like making people happy. I really do. I also like fabricaition. Fortunatly I grew up with a hugh racing background, so as far as performance goes I know that right directions to go. Guys seriously when you think about it. How fun is it making your ride just to the 9's. I love finding new things, different technologies,and applicaitions for things. Especially with motorsports.
I think all of you. Meaning this forum feels the same way I do. So no worries about yelling or bad questions. Because there is no yelling, and no bad questions. And by the way compensation is very good. My friends call me CASH. LOL just messing with you. Come on lets make are cars kick ***.
Ya also my intakes are the bomb, there deffinaitly not short ram, It is the most chillen cold air intake I've ever seen. I'm working on an entire break down of what technology is actually been applied to this applicaition.