Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

mesh grill for your crossfire...yuck

Old 09-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default mesh grill for your crossfire...yuck

courtesy of english bob's album and car show photos.

front end: (mesh grill...upper and lower)

back end: (check out the red rear foglamp in the tail light on the right side)

Old 09-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the grill don't like the frame.Need to make a smaller frame edge and less center shape .I like the mesh.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is different, It HAS TO BE BETTER, right?

That is the ugliest grill I have EVER seen! :cry:

And the exhaust pipes? Looks like a fly's eye, you know, a compound eye (multi-lensed)?

This guys has a compound exhaust! :shock:

That is one "tricked-out" Crossfire!! :lol:

Old 09-03-2004, 04:08 PM

Hmmm...anyone else find it strange to see a Confederate flag flying in the UK ?!?

The grill...hmmm...not TOO bad.
The rear end... yuk. Too ricey for my blood.

Old 09-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Burns
Hmmm...anyone else find it strange to see a Confederate flag flying in the UK ?!?

The grill...hmmm...not TOO bad.
The rear end... yuk. Too ricey for my blood.
Two things:

1 Confederate flags are fairly common over here due to America's worst ever export, namely country and bleedin' westerm music. When the revolution comes it will be a capital offence to practice c&w in a public place!

2 Can someone please explain "rice" or "ricer"? It may have an English equivilant, I just don't know what it is. Is this a US get-back for my use of "besotted"?

If I get an answer to 2 I can genuinely say that I only hang 'round this forum to enrich my cultrural awareness

Old 09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Forum Regular

Ricer definition:

An import car of Asian decent that has been modified esthetically, allowing it to look faster but not modified for any real performance gains.

Common Modifications include but will not be limited to:

-Unnecessary spoilers
-Large exhaust tips (a.k.a. Fart Cans)
-Body dress kits
-Exterior vinyl Stickers (May be a design, stripes or bearing the name of performance product, which consequently may not be installed on the car)
-Lowering kits
-Ground lighting kits

Origins:

The origin term is "rice burner" and it has long been related to Japanese-made motorcycles. It's history comes directly from when the American motorcycle market was flooded with Japanese product in the late sixties/early seventies. These bikes where known for their low torque high rpm shifting. At the time Asians where known to stereotypically to eat rice by the Americans and so it was said that these motorcycles burned rice rather than gasoline. This name has transcended to Import cars which are also known for their low displacement engines known for their low torque and high rpm shifting. Words taken from grice burnerh over time include Ricer, Rice boy and Uncle Bens (A brand name of American rice that can be found in supermarkets. The term is used to describe American cars which have been modified in the fashion of a ricer.).

Hope that helps,

-marc

Old 09-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Banned

The exhaust pipes crack me up because when I talked to my friend at Borla he said they were trying to put 4 pipes on the XF design but said it didn't fit or look right! Glad they didn't.

This guy has 5 pipes!

WHY ?????.

He must have a hole Fetish.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by drunkiq
Hope that helps,
-marc
It does TVM, and thanks for taking the time to give me the full version. I'm sure there are now a few more Brits enlightened that were too embarrassed to ask.

Pushing this logic along, does this make a XFire a Krauter and a Jaguar er... well.... a Bollockser? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 09-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Banned

Isn't G.Bs' flag simuliar to the OLD Confederate flag?

One ? WHY does ENGLAND have 3 names?United Kingdom,Great Britain,England or do they have more than 3 ?

Old 09-04-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
You be the judge...

Old 09-04-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root

One ? WHY does ENGLAND have 3 names?United Kingdom,Great Britain,England or do they have more than 3 ?
Oh boy, are you about to start a row!

OK, the full version goes like this:

Within these islands there are 4 countries; England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales (in alphabetical order).

In a period I am not that familiar with the last Wesh king (David I think, need someone elses knowledge here) got wasted by the current English king. England and Wales became one kingdom.

In 1602 England ran out of monarchs when Elizabeth I died with no heir. Enter James VI of Scotland, who became James I of Great Britain - what they called the amalgamation of the 2 (or possibly 3 depending on who you're talking to) countries.

A bit later on, and I'm not going here as it's still too volatile, the island off to the west was conquered. After many scraps the southern part of the island became Eire, and the top bit Northern Ireland, or Ulster. That gave us The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

As with the US, every time a bit was added, they added the new bit's flag to the existing one - hence the term "Union Flag" (it's only a "Union Jack" when it's flown from one of Her Majesty's ships). The appearance of the flag depends on which period you're seeing it.

Your comment about the "GB flag" (sic) is therefore technically incorrect as it's the UK's flag. It's a bastardisation of the flags of St George (England), St Andrew (Scotland), and St Patrick (Ireland). Yes I know that's only 3, but that's another argument altogether!

Right then, there you go - two thousand years of history in 5 paragraphs.

The only thing you need to know is that everyone hates the English. This we can bear as we know it is only jealousy.

You may now be surprised by the level of flaming I take for that last sentence!

Old 09-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aardvark
It does TVM, and thanks for taking the time to give me the full version. I'm sure there are now a few more Brits enlightened that were too embarrassed to ask.

Pushing this logic along, does this make a XFire a Krauter and a Jaguar er... well.... a Bollockser? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually the German cars that are riced out are called "Kraut Burners". In fact there is a shop called Krautburners in Dallas Texas. :twisted:

I guess if our cars get riced out then they could be called a Kraut-burner or a Uncle-BenZ because it is a little of both. Either way it's funny.

Now what to call a riced out Jag-u-are? Good question. No famous food really comes to mind when I think of them. Expect for drinks.... maybe your idea will stick...

-marc

Old 09-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Banned

I guess I was part correct depending on UK,GB,OE ENG.Hah !Where did the X come in on the Flag UK ?I remember the Confederate X and I guess UK both having that.Correct.?My ancesters are Welsh.No pun intended.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Banned

Wasn't the UK gov supporting the Confederate side during the civil war ?

Old 09-04-2004, 11:59 PM

Ricer definition:

An import car of oriental decent that has ....

-marc
And I would like to add that "ricer" is considered quite a derogatory term.

Also, being politically correct, "Oriental" is now considered a derogatory term as well. People whose ancestries descend from that region would like to be generally called Asians, and more specifically, and much more politically correct, the country they are from, like Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc. DO NOT ever use the "O" term. It has become much like the "N" term for African-Americans that was shamefully popular here a while ago.

Wow, this thread must score some serious points on the IQ meter! We have some nice English history, and now some PC pointers.

Wow. Who knew you could possibly get smarter when reading the Crossfire Forum? :wink:

Maybe we should mention that to our TT and Z trolls?. Ok, maybe not. My bad!

Old 09-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pelked1
Also, being politically correct, "Oriental" is now considered a derogatory term as well. People whose ancestries descend from that region would like to be generally called Asians, and more specifically, and much more politically correct, the country they are from, like Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc. DO NOT ever use the "O" term. It has become much like the "N" term for African-Americans that was shamefully popular here a while ago.
Well I changed my post to say Asian however all the resturants around here say "Oriential" not "Asian". :roll:

-marc

Old 09-05-2004, 02:10 AM

Well I changed my post to say Asian however all the resturants around here say "Oriential" not "Asian". :roll:

-marc
Ya, the politically correct statements sometimes seem to come with double standards....I guess you just try to please as many as you can without hurting too many feelings in the process. Oh well.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:29 AM

And IMHO it's all a bunch a crap. And this is NOT pointed at YOU pelked, I'm just venting...

They want to be called "Chinese-Americans", "African-Americans", etc. :?: My ancestors are German, Swedish, Irish, Scot, etc. What does that make me? I'm just a plain ole f-ing AMERICAN, take the P/C crap and shove it. IMHO, too many "hyphenated Americans" seem to be more proud of their "hyphen" than their "American". Grandpa always told me if ya aint' part of the solution, you're part of the problem, so for those who are so fond of China, or Africa, or Germany, or wherever, go the hell there and leave America to we who are proud to be just plain AMERICAN.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Banned

The only PLAIN AMERICANS are the INDIANS.

All the rest of us are like blended cocktails.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Forum Regular

Don't they wish to be called "Native Americans"?

Indians is not even close.....

See? We can play "Politically Correct" all day long, and NEVER get it right to please everyone....

As far as what I want to be called:

"You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay...."

:lol:

Quick Reply: mesh grill for your crossfire...yuck