Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wow, Chrysler Crossfire vs BMW M Coupe...ee any resemblance?

Old 09-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, Chrysler Crossfire vs BMW M Coupe...ee any resemblance?

Its good to see hatchbacks are coming back into style

Old 09-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's ugly looking...looks like a Subaru :lol:

Old 09-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Default Yes they do

I used to have one too and it is Not ugly and does not look like a Subaru.

I think they are very smiliar

JB[/img]

Old 09-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't see much resemblance. however, i always thought the m coupe was strange looking, well actually ugly, on the outside though i'm sure it was a great car underneath. so to see if the m coupe is really considered to be ugly, i conducted the following google searches:

"ugly bmw m coupe"
"ugly chrysler crossfire"
"ugly mazda rx-8"
"ugly audi tt"
"ugly nissan 350z"

and the results, based on number of hits, were:

bmw m coupe - 9,170
chrysler crossfire - 971
mazda rx-8 - 4,210
audi tt - 5,160
nissan 350z - 3,470

it sure is nice owning the least ugly car. 8)

Old 09-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a BIG BM.

Bmw can make mistakes too.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular

I used to have one of these in Estorial Blue. I loved it. If they still made them and the interior didn't look so dated I would have got another one instead of the Crossfire. They are an awesome car with great performance.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Banned

Why buy that model when they make an M3 cpe that looks better !

Old 09-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in a 3.0 BMW Euro-spec Z3 coupe, and that was always, in my opinion, a beautiful car. The fat rear fenders were awesome, and the 2001-2002 M-models were awesome, as they were equipped with the 333 horsepower inline 6. Haven been driven in the Z3 coupe aggressively in Europe, to over 125 m.p.h., I must say that the driving characteristics are very similar. The actual driving position is very similar to the Crossfire, as you sit very low inside of the car, and the actual proportions of the cars are also the same-rear hatch and long, low front-end. The engines are also very similar, in that they both have excellent mid-range torque, and they both have slightly week horsepower, (the BMW had around 230 hp). The only real difference was the weight. I believe that the BMW weighed in at less than 3000 lbs, while the Crossfire was at around 3100, which allowed the BMW to accelerate to 60 in less than 6-seconds, despite being a 5-speed. All I can say is that the BMW and the Crossfire are both excellent vehicles.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:18 PM

This is practically the only BMW "style" I like. If there'd been a Z4 version at the time, I'd have considered it vs. the Crossfire. New Z3 versions were non-existant around here, so it dropped off my short list when I was ready to buy.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:28 PM

I agree... I much prefer it over the drop top. The only change I'd like to see is something more along the lines of the Honda S2000's removeable hard top. While not a common site, there are a few Z3's running around here in the same configuration as is shown in the photo's above.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

Easy for you to say you didn't buy the ugly duck.Also I think they we're over priced.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by golfdude
I was in a 3.0 BMW Euro-spec Z3 coupe, and that was always, in my opinion, a beautiful car. The fat rear fenders were awesome, and the 2001-2002 M-models were awesome, as they were equipped with the 333 horsepower inline 6. Haven been driven in the Z3 coupe aggressively in Europe, to over 125 m.p.h., I must say that the driving characteristics are very similar. The actual driving position is very similar to the Crossfire, as you sit very low inside of the car, and the actual proportions of the cars are also the same-rear hatch and long, low front-end. The engines are also very similar, in that they both have excellent mid-range torque, and they both have slightly week horsepower, (the BMW had around 230 hp). The only real difference was the weight. I believe that the BMW weighed in at less than 3000 lbs, while the Crossfire was at around 3100, which allowed the BMW to accelerate to 60 in less than 6-seconds, despite being a 5-speed. All I can say is that the BMW and the Crossfire are both excellent vehicles.
Actually the m coupe and m roadster had 317hp for 01. The same exhaust manifold would not fit in the tight coupe/roadster's engine compartment as the m3 had hence 333hp. I've seen a stock m coupe 01 that is run a 12.9 ANd i give my crossfire up in a heart beat for a 01 m coupe. The m can get out of its own way. And to dan root the m3 is alot more money than the m coupe. I paid 56k for my 01 m3 coupe.Even the old 240hp version pre 2001 would wipe the floor with the crossfire in a straight line or on a road race. We are no match for the m :P

Old 09-04-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Easy for you to say you didn't buy the ugly duck.Also I think they we're over priced.
Overpriced? :lol: The what do you call our high 14 second crossfire. The 01 m coupe can out perform the srt-6 for a few more k than our cars sticker. And you dont drive a m coupe off the lot and lose half your value either. Crossfires are gettin low 20's for trade in. :evil: The m coupe is in every way a better car.

Old 09-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Banned

I have seen that ugly cpe that they don't make anymore in the low 20s' here, i wouldn't buy it for the low teens ,as for the XF prices being low i just traded mine on another! And I'm very happy.Buy the BM if you like it.I don't care about 1/4 mile times that will get you a nice cell in the local Jail.I like the everyday feel of The XF.And no matter how great you say the BIMMER is it was a dog for them ,ask a bimmer sales man.

Oh yeah most bmw owners have MBenz envy.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I have seen that ugly cpe that they don't make anymore in the low 20s' here, i wouldn't buy it for the low teens ,as for the XF prices being low i just traded mine on another! And I'm very happy.Buy the BM if you like it.I don't care about 1/4 mile times that will get you a nice cell in the local Jail.I like the everyday feel of The XF.And no matter how great you say the BIMMER is it was a dog for them ,ask a bimmer sales man.

Oh yeah most bmw owners have MBenz envy.
Newsflash we still dont have a Mbenz we have a counterpart of dodge with a MB platform. you dont see the murano owners calling their car a inifinity nor do you see the mazda3 owners saying they have a volvo. The only thing the crossfire has over the BMW is looks and that is subjective. I personally love the look of the m coupe. And curious why did you trade your XF on another XF? Rack too many miles or? Just curious. And the crossfire is selling much better than the m coupe :lol: And if their is a 01 m coupe for low 20's I'll buy it as long as mileage is decent. Here 01's if ya can find them are still around 30. Personally i can't wait til my lease is up. Not that their is anything wrong with XF it is a nice car but it leaves something to be desired. But i couldn't beat the payment I mean im paying less a mo than some guys paying on their srt4 neon. Just my .02

Old 09-04-2004, 09:32 PM

I'm confused, :? You Xfire owners who talk about other cars being so much better than the Xfire, why would you buy an Xfire?? 30 or 40,000 dollars is a lot of money to spend on a car you don't like.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Banned

BMW envy.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leebea
I'm confused, :? You Xfire owners who talk about other cars being so much better than the Xfire, why would you buy an Xfire?? 30 or 40,000 dollars is a lot of money to spend on a car you don't like.
Some of the slammers don't own one, they just wonder in from Google or somthing I guess. Others (owners) were expecting more horsepower or somthing. I love the Crossfire for what it is. A very unique touring coupe that really doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Its compared with cars costing much more and expected to match and even surpass them without reguard to different price tags. Sure M3's are very cool but cost in the mid to late 50's. I would have loved the SLK32 engine but the list price would have been maybe 10 or so thousand higher.....

Where else can you get a new unique car for 30k with this kind of character that you can mod (hopefully with taste like Andrew) and really enjoy for years. It isn't Grampa's car, a ricer car, a redneck mobile, or a homie hauler. Its a euro-cruiser and I love it for what it is and isn't.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Danwell
Originally Posted by leebea
Some of the slammers don't own one, they just wonder in from Google or somthing I guess. Others (owners) were expecting more horsepower or somthing. I love the Crossfire for what it is. A very unique touring coupe that really doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Its compared with cars costing much more and expected to match and even surpass them without reguard to different price tags. Sure M3's are very cool but cost in the mid to late 50's. I would have loved the SLK32 engine but the list price would have been maybe 10 or so thousand higher.....

Where else can you get a new unique car for 30k with this kind of character that you can mod (hopefully with taste like Andrew) and really enjoy for years. It isn't Grampa's car, a ricer car, a redneck mobile, or a homie hauler. Its a euro-cruiser and I love it for what it is and isn't.

I bought the crossfire because of the payment plain and simple. And mod what the head lights :lol: There are no mod's if their were all the go fast parts would be on my car and the crossfire would be damn near perfect.
And there are alot of other car you can get for 35k but not many you can get for 300 bux a mo with no money down so I'll have to suffice with my lacking power and good looks in the XF

Old 09-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Banned

And don't forget great handeling and braking and DC warrenty and All GERMAN made .For 10-15 Ks less than anything near it.