Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Future?

Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Future?

A recent article in the industry journal "Automotive News" that speaks of DaimlerChrysler's updated models for the future noted that "in 2005 there would be several Crossfire models available...the base, the Limited, the Roadster, and the SRT."

The article continued by stating that there are "no plans at this time for an upgrade or replacement of the Crossfire beyond model year 2006."

What do you think? Is that good, bad, or indifferent for the owners of present Crossfires?

Drive on...
Fritz

Old 09-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say good.If they do not continue a Line that has such a visual impact and can hold it's own on the Track it will be a one off Classic.
1.It looks better than most 50k car.
2.Gets almost 30 mpg
3.Is all M.B.(german)
4.That would mean less people selling their XF because it's a modern classic.
5.next....

Old 09-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Default response

The article continued by stating that there are "no plans at this time for an upgrade or replacement of the Crossfire beyond model year 2006."
If I am reading this correctly it is a good thing. no more upgrades...I ask, how many more choices do you need from the 2005 releases there is something for everyone?

If there is no replacement , I read into that that the crossfire will be around looking great past 2006....

IMO,

Old 09-08-2004, 09:32 PM

I get the opinion that MB is not happy about making the Xfire - a car better looking than theirs for $10k less money. I understand too that production of the Xfire may be questionable beyond 2006 or 2007. I imagine much depends on how much it earns for DC.
Have you seen pictures of the SLK350? Yuk!!! If MB was smart, they'd put their badge on the Xfire.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:34 PM

It's the REAL THING BABY!!!!!!!! If it ain't broke-don't screw it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Forum Regular

That would be sweet if 2006 was the last model year!

Old 09-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

I hope to get a new one in 2008 when my current deal expires. Come on DC keep the XF in production.

Old 09-10-2004, 10:18 AM

guys look at it this way. we all agree we're driving around a car that most people look at and think "dam!" i bet he/she paid at least 50k for that. what we are.......people at the right place(year), time who fortunately took advantage of this great deal. i tell my girlfriend all the time, i wanted to buy a car that when i opened the garage door 10 to 20 years from now...the car still looks amazing for its looks and elegance. do i think "mb" lost in this case? no! i think its only the beginning for what can turn out to be a great collaboration between chrysler and "mb". i just hope they have the smarts to keep it up!

Old 09-10-2004, 08:15 PM

ERCROSSFIRE04, I agree with you on the fact that we Crossfire owners made the right choice to get them" while the getting was good" so to speak. Your right, this design will still be elegant 20 years from now. It matters not if it's the "fastest" thing out there. There is always something or someone that is faster. My 215 HP model with the autostick is fast enough for me. I won't abuse mine racing it anyway. I love it too much to do that. The Crossfire ( SRT or not) is to me , the most awesome looking auto design in the last 40 years or so. Import or domestic. Everytime I look at my beloved X-Fire I smile this big warm fuzzy smile and know in my heart I did the correct thing in getting mine. I have been in the new car dealership business for 44 years and I swear that no one has made anything close to this beauty, at least in my opinion, humble as it may be. I'm with you!

Old 09-10-2004, 09:11 PM

All I can say is, this is the 1st time I actually bought a car instead of leasing it. I was always afraid when new things came out, if people didn't like it, I'd be stuck with it.

So far so good! Everybody that sees it seems to think it's really fast. That's ok if it isn't, I didn't get it to race it. I love just driving it! AndI'm glad I don't have to give it up in 2 years!

Old 09-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing about my XFIREX is that there is no other model or options to choose. That makes my XFIREX an original design.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Banned

I saw a new Corvette today 05 $44,000 base +8000 in options + $10000 markup=$62000.=
2 CROSSFIRES !

Old 09-11-2004, 10:27 AM

dan root,

Funny you mentioned a corvette. i was washing my car yesterday at a car wash (hand wash by the way before you all crinch!). there was a guy there with his friend washing a vette. they just kept going on with the compliments about the xfire.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:12 AM

Dan Root, I agree, the new corvette is way overpriced. Yes it's an American Icon but still way overpriced for what your getting. The Crossfire is a way better deal for the money in my opinion. By the way Dan, did those Rotex gold pads stop the brake dust problem? I was looking for a solution for that issue.

Cyril Baldwin, yes my friend you have a very unique Crossfire. To say the least. Those are some serious modifications youv'e made on yours. You definitely have a one of a kind .

Old 09-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

did those Rotex gold pads stop the brake dust problem? I was looking for a solution for that issue.
the brake dust is reduced by 90% with rotex golds.[/quote]

Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 AM

My Husband got a brand new '04 Corvette Z06 right after I got my XF and only paid $44,000 for it. We have GMS and gm funny money and they had a ton of incentives on it. Don't like the '05's as much.
This car flies and sounds REALLY GOOD!
He likes my XF too. They are just 2 different cars and there's no reason to like them both.

Old 09-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Hold on to your hats people, rumor has it that we might see a Crossfire SUV for year 2005 1/2.... A good friend is general manager of a very large MB dealer here and he said the sales are so bad on the MB SUV that they might defer to a Crossfire one. He claims their studies show many more SUV buyers go to Chrtsler/Dodge showrooms than MB.. He is right.. If true, what a great idea.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Banned

Ditto on the Rotex gold a must have.like almost 0 dust compared with the stock black crap.

I have an extra set for front if you want them $80.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stan37
Hold on to your hats people, rumor has it that we might see a Crossfire SUV for year 2005 1/2.... A good friend is general manager of a very large MB dealer here and he said the sales are so bad on the MB SUV that they might defer to a Crossfire one. He claims their studies show many more SUV buyers go to Chrtsler/Dodge showrooms than MB.. He is right.. If true, what a great idea.

First they bastardize the Crossfire by releasing a convertible version...

Then a four door bastardized version called the Airflite is made....

Now they want to fully bastarize it and make it an SUV?

Sales on the Crossfire as bad as it is, why on earth would they make a full fleet of vechicles based on it?

Some one needs to remove the ID10T from the marketing group at DC.

-marc

Old 09-12-2004, 08:01 PM

Bad idea!!! Crossfire=Sports car. BTW what is Airflite. I've never seen that one before. If they went the SUV route, I'd hope they would change the name so there's no association with the Crossfire, e.g. Altantica to mate with the Pacifica.
I think the roadster fits with the coupe because it's a sports car too.
My dealer thinks the Crossfire may have a short life, that MB is not too happy about building a sports model based on the SLK platform for $10K less than they are selling theirs for (true, it is a MB).
I think they should have let Chrysler design the SLK350. IMO, it is double ugly.

Quick Reply: Crossfire Future?