Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Don't Break Your Car!!!!

Old 09-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Break Your Car!!!!

I bought my car on Aug. 28. > Aug 30, My key wouldn't turn in the ignition. Had it towed. (the tow guy ran the front end of my car into the driveway at the dealership!) Did I mention I only had it 2 days!!! Today is Sept. 14. STILL NO CAR!!!!! I have been getting the run around regarding where my parts are! I finally got some answers by calling Chrysler again. The ignition part was ordered on Sept. 1st. from the key vendor in Germany. They show it was shipped from Germany on Sept. 9th. The Chrysler customer service rep said it coud be 10 days before it would arrive here! That would be 21 days since it first wouldn't run. Plus time to fix it! My car has been sitting in the roadway of the service area since the tow truck driver mashed the front end into the driveway then dropped it off. You would think that they would take care of the body damage while the car sat in their lot for 3 WEEKS! But NO! They will not move it into the body shop to repair until it can be moved under it's own power. Is that rediculous??? So, while I wait for the parts to finaly get to the dealer, I have to wait for it to get fixed, then I wait some more for the body shop to repair the damage from road side assistance! Calif. Lemon Law says I have 30 cumulative days before I get another car. The timing on this one may get interesting. I've heard other stories about delays in getting part for Crossfires. I asked to take the parts off of another vehicle on the lot. Apparently, our keys are encripted for our vin #s & such a switch is impossible. I am verry frustrated & miss my first new car! I am enjoying your posted photos to remember what my car looks like! Be careful & don't break your car!

Old 09-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Forum Regular

I agree with parts problems. You may even find that when the part arrives it is the wrong one! I have an outside door handle on order since the day I had the car. Now some 2.5 months later it has arrived. They had to order it 4 times to get the right part. Chrysler parts pin had the inside and outside door handles in the wrong bins so the part numbers were the wrong way around! GRRRR.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what dealer was that and did you finance? or lease?I'd ask them to make your payment.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:22 PM

I really hope this wasn't a case of not turning the steering wheel while trying to turn the key like this guy
Everyone tried that, right? :wink:

Old 09-15-2004, 12:56 PM

I had 2 hours while waiting for the to truck to try the steering wheel trick. I wish that would have been the case. Thanks for the suggestion.