Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

French Xfire ? ;)

Old 09-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default French Xfire ? ;)

Hi everyone.
Just to say there are near 500 Crossfires driving in France this year.
I am one of those lucky owners for 2 weeks now.
Very nice car and what a V6 noise! :lol:

Take a look a look on my gallery in order to confirm whatever the country the crossfire is coming, "she" is still wonderful.

Mine is Graphite Grey / leather interior Dark Slate Gray&Cedar, with Automatic Transmission, and Michelin Sport tires.
Price: 39.200 (=47.659$, ouch !), but remember the French crossfire is gfull optionh (it means there is no additional option you can add, like your glimitedh version I think).

Questions for you:
- It seems Chrysler is offering a luggage package in USA. Do you have photo? Do you know if I can import one of those packages in France?
- How many Crossfire are driving on the American roads?
- To conclude, do you know if USA crossfire is also built in Germany? (Like my model)
Thanks

The Crossfire Roadster also came out last month; I have seen one yellow at Versailles last week. So nice )
(The SRT6 just came out last week).

PS: I have previously owned 2 Audi TT (one Coup and one Roadster), and I was strongly hesitating to buy a Nissan 350Z before choosing the Xfire. But the quality of materials and overall finishing was so bad (and the European version is far better than the USA model !) I finally conclude this car was not for me.

Just for fun : :P

Old 09-14-2004, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum. Good to see so many Europeans are enjoying the car as much as us Americans. Your car looks super shiny in those pictures, did you just wax it? Very nice.

I think about 12000 total cars have been sold. There is a thread from a few weeks back that lists the exact numbers. All of them are built in Germany.
How does your new Crossfire compare to your old TT's?

Old 09-14-2004, 04:53 PM

Not shiny just clean
More seriously, most of the washing karsher machine in France has a final washing mode called "Was & polish". I used nothing more. (on my previous TTR, which was black, I was frequently using an additionnal Polish product).
What's more my Digital camera is also very good (Canon 300D)

Comparing to my old TT coup (I am waiting a driving test of the Xfire Roadster), of course I enjoy more my new Xfire due to the V6 engine first, and to the exclusiveness of this car in Europe.

Here is a little feedback/comparaison :

++++ :
- Inifinity audio system is very good (maybe lightly better than my old BOSE system)
- Better quality of the leather seats than my Blue interior from audi (my "baseball" leather of my TT Roadster was also very very good)
- V6 noise with his dual exhaust
- Automatic transmission : first time for me, so good ! (but I will prefer the new DSG system from Audi if I could choose)
- Electronic rear spoiler, and possibility to play with it :P
- aeroplane cockpit feeling like my TT
- I can put my elbow through the window !!! (impossible in the TT, the window was too high)
- 2 cars in one : when you see the rear, you do not imagine the front
- Speed regulator, which is becoming mandatory on French Roads (which is an option for the TT V6)

------ :
- less controls on the passager's seat than the driver's one
- No CD loader (I am missing my 6 CD loader)
- No leather on the driving board, and plastic everywhere :/ (I am dreaming of the same interior full leather like Maserati cars)
- No dual transmission like DSG system
- Where is the right Knee-support ??? :evil: , this is maybe the main thing I am missing from my old TT
- gas mileage ops: I am doing 13L/100km in town face to 10L/100km with my old 180hp TT coup. By luck, when I do only highway with speed reg, I do only 10L/100 which is very good for a 220hp V6 engine.

:wink:

Old 09-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Crossfire forum! Nice decision as we are all happy owners of Crossfires in this forum.

To remove your car dealership badge ( which sucks why the put it there ) use a blow dryer then remove it using a fishing string ( the thinnest ). Use Goof Off to remove the rest of the glue. Let the solution do the job and scrub it gently with 100% cotton cloth or facetowel.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Gandalf,
You got a couple of great shots of your car. Very artistic. Some of the shots at what I think was the Caffe are awsome. The cobble stone rodes, and buildings are absolutly beautiful. You definitly must live in a wonderful place. If you have any questions always feel free to email me. I mean thats why were all here. To help each other out.
So have fun.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:53 PM

Congratulations Gandalf on your beautiful new Xfire, and a warm welcome to the forum. I may be wrong but I think you are the first from France. There are many from the UK and a couple from Switzerland.
To answer a couple of your questions that haven't been answered yet, yes the US Xfires come out of Germany too (slowly). My roadster left the factory on 30 August and it's still not in the US yet.
Some of our friends in the UK have had the same question about the luggage. Apparently it's just in the US. There are a couple of threads talking about luggage (touring gear). It is interesting to note that in the new Crossfire brochure they show a picture of the luggage by itself with the caption, "Available high performance travel gear, designed specifically to fit in the cargo area, maximizes available space. (See dealer for details.)"
That wording leads me to believe that they are leaving their options open for discontinuing it as a standard item at some point. That is just my opinion based on the word "available". (I'll put the picture and caption in my album. It is small but you should be able to expand it).

Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Default French Crossfire,

Hi Gandalf,

It was lovely to see france again, where abouts are you, I spent many many years in the Jura, and the south, your car looked beautiful, we have a azure blue crossfire here in the Mid West, it is truly amazing how many times we are stopped and asked what the car is..
Happy motoring

Old 09-15-2004, 12:39 AM

My question too Gandalf, where are you from. I have spent a little time in Annecy, Faverge and LaBalme where we had factories - I came just short of getting a two year assignment there as well. (The factories are all closed or sold now unfortunately). I learned how to water ski (ski nautique) on Lake Annecy. Have been to Mt.Blanc a couple of times. I have never been any place in the world as beautiful as the area around Annecy.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forums. Nice colour choice, same as mine!

No luggage outside of USA unfortunately. :-(

Old 09-15-2004, 04:46 AM

Cyril :
Thanks for the advise, I was planning to remove this ugly sticker soon
I will put instead a sticker called "Gwenadu", this is the Flag for Brittany (I don't know why we are so proud to be Breton in France, sure it's coming from our Celtic blood like Irish or Welsh )

leebea :
Thanks for the picture. They look nice, but also quite voluminous :/ too much to send to France I think.
I am also waiting for the reopening of the crossfire Shop (I will ask then Shipping cost for France)
If someone has got a package more, I am open :!:

Annecy area is a very nice place, true.
About factories closing, this is like everywhere in France, factories are moving in China (labor is 20times cheaper)

My pictures have been shooted in Brittany (west coast of France, maybe the nicest hh), and the second half near Paris at Versailles (I am from Dinan near ST malo, the famous port, but I am working at Paris, in a telecom operator like AT&T)

Kit&kat : Thanks
Azure blue seems to be a very nice color, but is unavailable in France. (only 4 colors : Blaze Red Crystal which is Red, Black, Sapphire Silver Blue which is the light grey, and Graphite Metallic which is my Grey)
Azure Blue = Aero Blue Pearl ?

Old 09-15-2004, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gandalf
Cyril :

My pictures have been shooted in Brittany (west coast of France, maybe the nicest hh), and the second half near Paris at Versailles (I am from Dinan near ST malo, the famous port, but I am working at Paris, in a telecom operator like AT&T)

Kit&kat : Thanks
Azure blue seems to be a very nice color, but is unavailable in France. (only 4 colors : Blaze Red Crystal which is Red, Black, Sapphire Silver Blue which is the light grey, and Graphite Metallic which is my Grey)
Azure Blue = Aero Blue Pearl ?
Welcome Gandalf,
I found my way to the board just some days ago. Brittany is absolutely beautiful. I made several times vacation near La Rochelle - the Atlantic and the coast are great.

Very funny that even within Europe (just some 100km away) only selected colors are available in the different countries. In Switzerland you are able to order the XF in Sapphire Silver Blue Metallic (=silver), Graphite metallic, Blaze Red Crystal Metallic, Aero Blue, Black and Alabaster (=white).
The SRT-6 is only available in Sapphire Silver Blue Metallic, Graphite metallic, Aero Blue and Black. For the SRT-6 only one interior color in gray/black is available. I would have prefered the Dark Slate Gray/ Cedar Red but no chance.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the "speed regulator" that you say French laws now require?

Old 09-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular

Cruise control probably

Old 09-15-2004, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by saldous
Cruise control probably
...or the speed limiter (the SLK has such a thing for setting a max. speed)?

Old 09-15-2004, 02:56 PM

I was mentionning the cruise control of course.
I said it was mandatory 'cause there are more and more automatic speed radars on french roads. Bad luck for us

Old 09-15-2004, 05:29 PM

Gandalf:

I like the graphite color - very nice. There are days when I wish I had chosen the gray because my black coupe shows every swirl-mark and imperfection in direct sunlight.

Also, you made a good choice by going with the Crossfire instead of the 350Z. Japanese cars have never appealed to me, but I understand Nissan is now French in ownership terms [Renault].

Happy Driving.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Default French XFire

Hi Gandalf,
Love Normandy, have friends living in an old farmhouse they bought a few years ago, and I adore the Rhone valley, have over 500 relatives there... around Lyon.... Bourg en Bresse, Villefranche... just thinking about driving across France makes me want to be there now..
Enjoy your new classic

Old 09-15-2004, 09:47 PM

Welcom Gandalf,
I love your accent. I can hear it when I read your posts!

U

Old 09-16-2004, 01:50 AM

MI roadster : Argg don't laugh at me my English is so ugly ? :P

Old 09-16-2004, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Gandalf
MI roadster : Argg don't laugh at me my English is so ugly ? :P
Maybe, but how many of us are attempting to speak french? Not many! LOL Your English is fine.

Dallas

Quick Reply: French Xfire ? ;)