Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire VS STi

Old 09-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire VS STi

1st off let me say I am a huge fan of the STi. Came really close to buying one but I bought the XF just do to it was half the payment. Which I kind of regret but oh well, what is done is done. Anywho, i always wanted to race an STi when i had my mach 1 and never did. So i was coming out of a parking lot making a right hand turn and saw an STi go by, i was like goodie goodie, as i thought to my self where was this guy when i had my mach 1. As I told my self that sti is going to smoke you. But then my excitement was on hold with the darn traffic holding me up keeping me away from the STi. I saw a small break in traffic. Going down a couple miles and not seeing the STi i was like its over :cry: But this then I saw him! He was making a right so I punched came on his rear and rode him through the turn as if i wanted to play. He gave it alittle so did I staying on him. Then the street widened to 2 lanes. Driving next to eachother for a few blocks with nothing happening i figured he didnt take me serious. Then it happened. WE got a red light together. Off went the traction controll the light went green. And we both rolled a bit slowly then i hammered it! He followed he spun his tires from a roll :shock: I think it was him. Through 1st I was ahead and 2nd he started to pull ever so slightly the 350z pulled on me way more. Then i went into 3rd then he missed what i think was 4th gear :lol: So the victor was the XF. He was pulling but after he missed his shift i was wayout in front so he let off as did I. Kinda gave me 2nd hopes of owning this XF and i was disappointed in the STi. I thought i was going to get spanked. He never had more that 2/3rds of a car length on me. A win is a win. Crossfire (1) Sti (0) The guy wouldnt even look at me lol. This was a good good day.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 AM

STi? what's that? From what you wrote I'm guessing it's a 350Z right?

Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by craftomatic
An STi is a pure-bread Subaru Imprezza rally car.

Bullseye: I hope you realize that in this instance you beat the driver, not the car. An STi is in the sub 5 second 0 to 60 time bracket. Even just a regular WRX is in the low 5's. Car VS car you would be smoked, a Mach 1 would be closer, but would still take a loss. Take one for a test drive, you'll see what I mean.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Heb80
Originally Posted by craftomatic

Bullseye: I hope you realize that in this instance you beat the driver, not the car. An STi is in the sub 5 second 0 to 60 time bracket. Even just a regular WRX is in the low 5's. Car VS car you would be smoked, a Mach 1 would be closer, but would still take a loss. Take one for a test drive, you'll see what I mean.
I know this. Read my original post again. I am a hard core STi fan. And have driven 4 of them. 3 04's and one brand new White 05. The one i was planning on leasing.And there 0-60 in the sub 5 range can only be acheived with a a high rpm launch. If an STi is luanched conservetily it runs low 14's. IF youre a magazine buff car and driver ran both these cars at 5 flat and under. But their 5-60 time were both in the 6's. Just like our XF's. And the regular wrx has less power than our car on a roll, i use to own one, the advantage is in the launch. AS far as me and my mach 1 taking a loss against a stock STi. He better be one hell of a driver because my Mach 1 and I were capable of running consistant 13.2's. Most STi's here run 13.3's or so. Have seen some quicker times for both cars. Granted my mach always traped higher 107 vs 103-04 for the sti. Just my .02

Old 09-17-2004, 09:20 AM

ITs funny how chrysler put all this effort in the X-Fire (design, engineering, etc) and gave us a 215 hp V6. I mean the engine is powerful and quick enough but not by todays standards. This powerplant would have rocked 6 to 7 years ago but not today. Chrysler should have given the X-Fire the supercharged SRT-6 3.2 from Mercedes as the standard engine and offered maybe a Hemi 8 were the current SRT-6 stands.

But anyow, yeah the STi is a fast car, but remember that cars focus is pretty much engine, No style, college kid looking car-NO OFFENSE, and bland interior; whereas the X-Fire has style, agressive stance, great exhuast note the STi through civilized driving in the city sounds like someone smashed its exhuast pipe pupupupupup, I've driven one to know and the build quality of the X-Fire is far superior to that of the subaru IMO.

However the STi is a fast car and yeah in this case it was driver error. Remember car magazines pretty much say what they want about a car. I can pull R&T, Car & Driver, Motor Trend and all will have different times on any car and different top speeds and handling numbers. So that just further justifies that the driver is the one responsible for making a car fast, or not.

Old 09-17-2004, 09:55 AM

The WRX is a very tough car to launch due to the AWD. I love to the WRX and the WRX STi. I've driven them both and it's tough to launch. I was going to get the STi but it's a subaru. Women down here don't really car for those here in Miami...LOL.

Old 09-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heb80

They're available in white. But pumpernickel is not available. At yeast not yet. :lol:

Old 09-17-2004, 10:26 AM

i have an sti as well as a xfire and of course the sti is way faster in everything, but i do like drving my xfire much better because its much more comfortable and you dont get people trying to race you all the time like the guy who started this thread. the sti just attracts people that think they can beat you and that gets real annoying after awhile, so dont think everycar that has a wing on the back wants to race. Maybe the guy in the sti wasnt even racing you because if he was the sti would have pulled on you so fast you would have given up.

sorry i had to rant because people that follow me around to race me for no reason drive me nuts! :shock:

Old 09-17-2004, 11:03 AM

If they really want to race with an STi, then trade in your X-Fire for a SRT6 and youll give the STi a run for the money. and best of all with an auto., no expert launches required. That MB engine is amazing with the gobs of torque it has, just wish they would release it in a 6spd. manual then i'd consider trading in one of my X-Fires on a SRT-6 manual.

I had the same problem with my S2000 every kid in a souped up whatever car would want to race me it was sickening. And not that the STi is a bad car or not worthy of its rally heritage, its just that the add ons seem to attract that crowd, the headlights, scoop and rear wing, and wheels and etc...

But to each his own i guess...

Old 09-17-2004, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by isubwrx
i have an sti as well as a xfire and of course the sti is way faster in everything, but i do like drving my xfire much better because its much more comfortable and you dont get people trying to race you all the time like the guy who started this thread. the sti just attracts people that think they can beat you and that gets real annoying after awhile, so dont think everycar that has a wing on the back wants to race. Maybe the guy in the sti wasnt even racing you because if he was the sti would have pulled on you so fast you would have given up.

sorry i had to rant because people that follow me around to race me for no reason drive me nuts! :shock:
I'm the guy who started this thread. Don't get testy because I spanked one of your brotheren :lol: If someone wants to race you consider it a badge of honor. That means you have a car that someone respects the speed of it. Or some attribute. So you telling me you bought your WRX sti as a daily driver and a grocery getter. :roll: Maybe you complain about people wanting to race you because you keep on losing? That wasn't you I raced was it? :lol:

Old 09-17-2004, 04:13 PM

In Hawaii, you can't go 10 miles without seeing an STi. It's almost the same thing with the Mitsubishi EVOs.

But you never know who's driving. It could be a spoiled high school kid or a SCCA track racer.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bullseye

I'm the guy who started this thread. Don't get testy because I spanked one of your brotheren :lol: If someone wants to race you consider it a badge of honor. That means you have a car that someone respects the speed of it. Or some attribute. So you telling me you bought your WRX sti as a daily driver and a grocery getter. :roll: Maybe you complain about people wanting to race you because you keep on losing? That wasn't you I raced was it? :lol:

the last time i checked the street was for daily driving and getting groceries and the track was for racing

Old 09-17-2004, 07:05 PM

[quote="isubwrx"]
Originally Posted by Bullseye
i have an sti as well as a xfire and of course the sti is way faster in everything, but i do like drving my xfire much better because its much more comfortable and you dont get <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> trying to race you all the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> like the guy who started this thread. the sti just attracts <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> that think they can beat you and that gets real annoying after awhile, so dont think everycar that has a wing on the back wants to race. Maybe the guy in the sti wasnt even racing you because if he was the sti would have pulled on you so fast you would have given up.

sorry i had to rant because <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> that follow me around to race me for no reason drive me nuts! :shock:
I'm the guy who started this thread. Don't get testy because I spanked one of your brotheren :lol: If someone wants to race you consider it a badge of honor. That means you have a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=car&v=56">car</a> that someone respects the speed of it. Or some attribute. So you telling me you bought your WRX sti as a daily driver and a grocery getter. :roll: Maybe you complain about <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> wanting to race you because you keep on losing? That wasn't you I raced was it? :lol:

the last <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> i checked the street was for daily driving and getting groceries and the track was for racing[/quoute]

And im sure your an angel :roll: What ever you say gramps :lol:

Old 09-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the last time i checked the street was for daily driving and getting groceries and the track was for racing

Couldn't have said it any better myself!!

Old 09-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Default The kill stories seem to be getting more unbelievable....

Most of my friends have Impeza WRX/STI/P1s here in the UK and I cannot get anywhere near any of them. Many are standard and I can't touch em! In gear, off the line, anything.

I am starting to find some of the kill sotries on here a bit pointless now.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Default Re: Crossfire VS STi

this story is complete bs, was the guy racing you in reverse? the sti has a 0-60 4.6 sec where as the crossfire is high 6's.....either the guy started the race in third gear or you were having the dream of a life time. I've beaten crossfires in my rx8, and i just traded that in because it was slow. I actually bought my STI 04 used at a chrysler dealership and the salesguy told me it would be a close race against the srt-6, so there is no way in hell you won...keep dreaming

Old 12-20-2004, 08:19 PM

stfu, stop hating because our cars look better, bullseye has admitted the only reason he won was because the guy cant drive, and go back to i-club. dont be a little ***** running over here to see what those guys with those beautiful cars are up to, the other car you were probably considering, and then talk ****. your car doesnt make you fast, you make your car fast. well, evo's make anyone fast, but other than that not so much. the guy couldnt drive and bullseye can, probably bogged, and bogging an sti cost you alot of time. get a life, get off this forum, and get over the fact you have a fast car, evos will kick your *** on any track, any day. your not unstoppable, and your ***** is still small,
peace
mike

Old 12-20-2004, 10:07 PM

your insulting me?!?! your the one who feels the need to impress people...your obviously not concerned with performance, so the only reason you bought that "pretty," "cute" car is to make up for something you lack....I dont need to impress with looks, I'm a true car enthusiest not some poser who is out THINKING he's impressing others with his cute ride. I have every right to be on this site. and as for your evo comment, I really don't give a sh*t, my car would win on a drag strip...I'm not jealous of the evo for its track performance...I dont even go to a track.. I actually respect that car alot for what it can do, as evo owners respect mine for what it can do.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:39 PM

i bought my car for handeling and was hoping a supercharger would come out for my car from a tuner, but it hasn't. but my car will still handle as well as yours and would be right there with you at an auto x. you bought an sti to drag, thats funny.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:42 PM

and oh yeah, im not trying to impress with looks, a cars looks appealed to me, it had great handeling, so i bought it. i dont go to your forum and talk about how shitty your car looks, and thats the part that makes you insecure. if we went to your sight and started saying, oh sti's are ugly, i would get punked. thats just the way it works. the only reason i would do that is if i was jealous of your car. you coming to my forums to tell me my car is ugly and performs crappy shows that you are jealous, because you went out of your way to try and justify something to yourself that you know is true, but dont want to admit. your car, performs sick, but its pretty ugly.

Quick Reply: Crossfire VS STi