CrossfireForum.org

- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Cars > Crossfire Coupe

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 12:51 PM

Default crossfire joins my Sunbeam and MG

I bought my wife a new Dodge Dart. My experience with it has made me realize how dated the Crossfire is.It is an old car. However, The one element that will never age, is it's beauty. I keep mine, with Tiger and MG. gary...
Old 07-02-2013, 01:29 PM

Default Re: crossfire joins my Sunbeam and MG

I just love my Roadster, even driving to work is fun!

I have started to refer to my car as "My Girlfriend" - it's the only thing that puts a smile on my face these days.

Founding member and Grand Pooh-Bah of the Crossfire High Mileage Club - 107,560 and counting!
Issues so far: EGR Valve Replaced, Ignition Cylinder Repaired, Twice Resoldered RCM

"Built on the Mercedes R170/SLK320 platform... the Crossfire has taken on, sort of, a cult following."
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaguy View Post

I have started to refer to my car as "My Girlfriend" - it's the only thing that puts a smile on my face these days.
So that's why you like it topless?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
So that's why you like it topless?
HA! Dave, you are living proof that age does not automatically mean a slower mind.

Founding member and Grand Pooh-Bah of the Crossfire High Mileage Club - 107,560 and counting!
Issues so far: EGR Valve Replaced, Ignition Cylinder Repaired, Twice Resoldered RCM

"Built on the Mercedes R170/SLK320 platform... the Crossfire has taken on, sort of, a cult following."
Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arado View Post
I bought my wife a new Dodge Dart. My experience with it has made me realize how dated the Crossfire is.It is an old car. However, The one element that will never age, is it's beauty. I keep mine, with Tiger and MG. gary...
For a minute there I thought you had the wife sleeping in the garage with the cars, then I saw you were not talking about the wife anymore.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Gary

I understand those DART IIs are really nice cars. I got to see one a couple of weekends ago when a friend drove his by for me to take a look at.

You really hit the nail on the head when you said the Crossfire was dated. Like you I collect and restore what I think are beautiful roadsters/coupes (Triumph TR3 & TR6, MGA, BMW (Z3), Crossfires and Mercedes) and drive them infrequently BUT I totally agree with the statement that the Crossfire is a old design but a really beautiful one. When I noticed these cars years ago I bought a coupe and a roadster to have in the collection because of the lines and style. Back then they were a steal for the price with very few miles on them. However they were a old design then. IMHO there are not to many newer cars that can match it for lines.

As I get older the pleasure of driving one of those older cars on a trip on a weekend is just to hard because of the seats, lack of A/C, outdated radio, steering, suspension, lack of power, lack of luggage room, etc. BUT nothing beats taking one to the local store. Funny how many people tell you stories about when they or someone they knew had one especially the older affordable stuff like the Triumphs, MGs and Z3s.

Good luck with the new car and your continued classic motoring. Glad you are keeping the Crossfire in the collection. Someday the Crossfire will be a true classic and may even command respect or it couldl remain the "red hesded" step child of a messy divorce.

Joe

PS Saving my change for a new Porsche Boxster or a throwback to my college days -- a Alpha coming this Fall to the US . Sold the MGA to make room for it.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM

I agree, old cars for me!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmiata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecoupe View Post
I agree, old cars for me!
Ahh.. older cars.. where the only "computer" was the calculator adding up the headers, carb, cam, and intake manifold costs..

'
'04 ALABASTER WHITE COUPE #011540
'05 AERO BLUE \ VANILLA ROADSTER #054042
'06 AERO BLUE \ VANILLA ROADSTER #061260

$5 Front Lip - $4 Radar Detector Mirror Mount
Video RCM - CPS Replacement

Old 08-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaguy View Post

And may you have many more Miles of Smiles!!

2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited
Color: Aero Blue Pearlcoat
Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic brake pads
Goodyear F1
Production #: 59,498
Attended: Fall 2009 Tail of the Dragon GTG
2011 Daytona Beach Dream Cruise
June 2012 FL GTG

Baby's Owner: RadaratNBC

Old 08-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Advertisement