Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How long to fix "popping out of 1st gear" problem?

Old 09-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long to fix "popping out of 1st gear" problem?

My crossfire has been in the shop since Tuesday morning. Originally they told me it would only take a day, which I thought sounded awful quick. Then they called me later in the day to tell me it would be a 2 day job. Yesterday (end of day 2) I went to pick it up and they said it is still not finished. I'm starting to wonder how competent their transmission guy is. Hopefully it is done by the weekend as the "fun factor" is not quite there driving a Taurus.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:43 AM

The exact same thing happened to me...after the second day - I went back and demanded a X-Fire. Got it and they took another 3 days. Ended up screwing up the oil level of the car and had to take it back two more times. Ended up calling and writing Chrysler several times with barely a response.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:44 AM

oh....and I found out it was mostly due to them not having the proper tools to do the job. So.........you can assume they have never done it before :x

Old 09-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Default Re: How long to fix "popping out of 1st gear" prob

Originally Posted by Heb80
My crossfire has been in the shop since Tuesday morning. Originally they told me it would only take a day, which I thought sounded awful quick. Then they called me later in the day to tell me it would be a 2 day job. Yesterday (end of day 2) I went to pick it up and they said it is still not finished. I'm starting to wonder how competent their transmission guy is. Hopefully it is done by the weekend as the "fun factor" is not quite there driving a Taurus.
It took my dealer (Airpark Chrysler, Scottsdale, AZ) a day. And it was done right.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:13 PM

I have an Autostick, but tne Crossfire Tech at Sawgrass Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge has a 6 speed. He had the same problem with his and he told me he put in a new transmission under warranty. I think DC will swap out if you insist.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Default Re: How long to fix "popping out of 1st gear" prob

Originally Posted by Heb80

Sounds like you need a SHO